• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross (Wii)

From this weeks Famitsu comes the announcement of a new Sentai game from Namco-Bandai.

According to Siliconera,

Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross brings together characters from Goseiger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, and the series that started the franchise Goranger into one Wii game.

This week’s issue of Famitsu has Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross and online reports says its Musou or Dynasty Warriors-like. Bandai plans to publish the title in Japan this fall.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/05/super-sentai-battle-ranger-cross-unites-sentai-series-on-wii/

Could this be the Sentai Musou I have been hoping, dreaming and praying for since Gundam Musou was first announced? :O

Took them long enough.

Super Sentai has always been a franchise that needed a Musou game. A combo of on-foot and Zord action would be bliss.

Day 1 for me.

squall23

Where's my Kamen Rider Musou and/or Tokusatsu Musou. I'd like a KR game that isn't a low quality 3D fighter for a change, thank you very much.

This may be the first Wii game I import. I'm cosplaying ShinkenRed at Anime North this year in Toronto, so I'm freaking psyched to be able to play a game with the Shinkenger cast in it!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Seraphis Cain said:
THIS IS THE GREATEST ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Except that Go-Onger ... are awful.

You're awful. Still, wonderful news. It's been a long time since I played a Sentai game, even longer since I played an enjoyable one,.

Seraphis Cain said:
THIS IS THE GREATEST ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Except that Go-Onger and Goseiger are awful.

It is!

Although I didn't think Go-Onger and Goseiger were too bad. Either way, Tokusatsu GAF assemble! :D

vareon

JustAnotherOtaku said:
It is!

Although I didn't think Go-Onger and Goseiger were too bad. Either way, Tokusatsu GAF assemble! :D

Yes. Assemble, all five of us! :p

I always wonder that if there are many good Gundam game, why are there no good tokusatsu game?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
JustAnotherOtaku said:
It is!

bam! GAfblack in the house!

but seriously, im gonna need some screenshots before i show any excitement. hopefully theres no kamen rider climax heroes yearly installments either

vareon said:
Yes. Assemble, all five of us! :p

I always wonder that if there are many good Gundam game, why are there no good tokusatsu game?

five? i could have sworn there were more...

anyway, ive said it before, but inazuman in a modern game would be fucking tight

NeonZ

Because Gundam games sold better? There were tokusatsu titles more often in the past, but they slowly became rarer and rarer in the PSX and PS2 generations.

The recent Rider titles seem to have had managed some success by being crossovers though, rather than based just on the current show, and this is following the same path.

anyway, ive said it before, but inazuman in a modern game would be fucking tight

Kikaider is getting added to Ganbaride, so the other Ishinomori heroes might end up making it to Climax Heroes one of these days.

I've been putting it off, putting it off, putting it off

and now I will finally import a Wii game. I just discovered these sorts of games from Samurai Warrior on 3DS and I'm loving it so far so this is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You saw nothing. Just early excitement for a rather decent looking game.

830920 said:
So, anyone care to explain what this game is?

You know the Dynasty Warriors/Musou games? Take that formula, add a healthy dose of Super Sentai and this is what you get! :D

Well, at least at this stage it is. Hopefully we get more info ASAP.

Yazuka

A sentai game? In Mosou style? That sounds awesome. This is the best thing ever, guess i'll import when I get a Wii in the future.

vareon

JustAnotherOtaku said:
You know the Dynasty Warriors/Musou games? Take that formula, add a healthy dose of Super Sentai and this is what you get! :D

Well, at least at this stage it is. Hopefully we get more info ASAP.

Add a mecha battle, but it doesn't look like the mecha mode is musou too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just saying..

I hope they do like Sengoku Basara and put it out on PS3 as well. But I'm sure it'll go the same way as Climax Heroes where it's ONLY on the consoles I don't have. And I'm done buyign consoles this generaton so I may miss out on this.

And the roster is pretty lacking. No Geki, Magi, JAKQ, BioMan, etc.

zoner said:
I'm just saying..

I hope they do like Sengoku Basara and put it out on PS3 as well. But I'm sure it'll go the same way as Climax Heroes where it's ONLY on the consoles I don't have. And I'm done buyign consoles this generaton so I may miss out on this.

And the roster is pretty lacking. No Geki, Magi, JAKQ, BioMan, etc.

You never know, the recent Kamen Rider games made it to PSP as well as Wii, assuming you own a PSP...

I don't think it has been confirmed whether we know the final roster or not. With the current Sentai series, Gokaiger, having all of the Sentai teams from over the years in it, there's a chance there are more to be announced. Hopefully anyway.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Chances of this being any good? Dynasty Warriors: Power Rangers or what is it? Lol.

Gravijah

Is it worth digging into Super Sentai if I was a Power Rangers fan? I mean, you can't beat zords and awesome suits.

MisterHero

Gravijah said:
Is it worth digging into Super Sentai if I was a Power Rangers fan? I mean, you can't beat zords and awesome suits.
Sure, but like a lot of recent PR seasons Sentai can be boring if you don't like characters being in an organized team living together, wearing uniforms, and having non-morphed superpowers (like the worst offender Wild Force) rather than a bunch of friends with different lives.

Haha, I always tell people the same thing and show them that exact video as to why Sentai kicks so much ass. :p

I can't wait for this game, but part of me is hoping that it comes to PSP like Climax Heroes so I'd be able to play it easier. (I don't think that's an unreasonable port beg, is it? I mean, under normal circumstances I can't play it on Wii but would be able to play it on PSP, right?)

Top Bottom