• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

let's get hyped about PIKMIN. Ideas and wishes for the upcoming game

sphinx

the piano man
Seems like the right time to have this thread, since we haven't had one to share ideas, posibilities or opinion about we want from the next pikmin we are getting.

.- Pikmin 1 vs. Pikmin 2: Which game does what right and what wrong and which one is the overall better experience.

I hated the caves in Pikmin 2 and thought they were extremely punishing, it made the whole thing a bit annoying and took longer that it should have. Pikmin one is gameplay perfection not more, not less than needed. I prefer 1 but I know I am in the extremely small minority, no need to remind me of that.

.- Come up with awesome ideas for new pikmins with new abilities

Scroll down and look at the Update, all ideas about new pikmins colors will be featured here in the OP. when we get the game we can get back to the thread and see who got something right :)

.- speculate about the next game: console, implementation, gameplay changes, etc.

I'd prefer this game to be for Wii or at least Wii compatible. It was after all a reason to hold on to my Wii, if this and Zelda go to Project Cafe then fuck you nintendo and Please don't put this game on any handheld.

.- Do mock ups, art, or whatever visual goodies you can come up with.

not mine but just to add some color to the OP:

20041107_pikmin.jpg

UPDATE with new pikmin ideas and suggestions:

Sphinx said:
Mint green pikmin They hover/float around. The more you grab the higher you float, reaching unsuspected places with awesome treasure stuff. Do negligible damage. Can easily scape from ground monsters, will almost get eaten/beaten instantly when confronted with flyers.

Medalion said:
Rainbow pikmin that change abilities depending on some event or action

Metallix said:
Hmmm... how about Orange Pikmin? They have white paint on their bodies to make them look like skeletons. They act like normal Pikmin, but when eaten by an enemy, the enemy gets frightened and flees away from you for a few seconds.

zallaaa said:
Grey Pikmins. They are the carpenters of the Pikmin family. You draw any shape on the controller's touch and provided you have the right amount of pikmins they quickly form the desired object. Some kind of physics engine could be implemented and you would have to follow some simple construction rules or the pikmins would suitably react (e.g. they would scatter in panic should you order them to build a bridge without the proper supports).

Amirox said:
Brown Pikmin are burrowers. They can be sent the burrow in tunnels under ground to reach otherwise inaccessible areas. This would of course be helpful to bring certain items back where other Pikmin could not tread. On attack you'd toss them at an enemy and their go to damage is they burrow beneath and chip at its enemies with hit-and-run tactics. So it's the type of Pikmin you send in to avoid ground based area attacks (ground pounds). It's vulnerable to Birds that can peck through the ground and worm type enemies that can also burrow.

Amirox said:
Black Pikmin are night bugs. They can see in pitchblack areas (night vision), where other Pikmin are too afraid to go and thus will cower at the entrance to. Black Pikmin are rare to find but can lead groups of ten Pikmin of any color with them into the pitchblack areas (you can group them together in sub-groups, like a general and its legion). If the other Pikmin leave a certain radius of the Black Pikmin's guidance, they will cower in place until you recover them. When you enter the Pitchblack areas, the game will feature a green heat nightvision effect so the player can see into the darkness. This will allow a lot of clever puzzles where you have to try to make it in and out of the Pitchblack area alive with relatively few Pikmin at your disposal. Black Pikmin are very weak on the attack and will generally commit suicide if sent in.

Retro said:
How about Copper-colored armadillo-like Pikmin. They can curl up and travel faster by rolling and when fighting, are heavily armored and tough to kill, but can't really defeat enemies on their own. Their main gameplay usage would be to keep enemies back until reinforcements arrive, keep enemies occupied so your other pikmin don't get chewed up, or quickly deployed when enemies suddenly surprise you.

Maybe some tough enemies can't be defeated and you need these little armored guys to just hold them back long enough to escape or use some kind of environmental weapon against them. Hell, maybe the little armored guys can push enemies around, knocking them off ledges, into water, etc.

Octorockin' said:
Pink Pikmin: You can only take around 3 out at a time, but they can motivate fellow Pikmin and buff their abilities and stamina using a sweet aroma mist, which can also fluster monsters. One effect this mist would have on enemies would be infatuation, so smaller or more simple-minded foes will attack their familiars for a short amount of time.

Say there will be monsters who can call on surrounding ones in the area. The Pink Pikmin use their spores to put them to sleep so you can thin out the area before going back to take on the drowsy enemy.

They could also use their aroma to attract Pikmin that got lost during a daily trek, so you can save a few extra guys before nightfall. There would have to a certain limit to their "flower power" so they don't end up being relied on too much to get out of trouble.

Metallix

Banned
I really like your green Pikmin idea.

Hmmm... how about orange Pikmin? They have white paint on their bodies to make them look like skeletons. They act like normal Pikmin, but when eaten by an enemy, the enemy gets frightened and flees away from you for a few seconds.

sphinx

the piano man
rainbow pikmin, kinda like a joker card :) wouldn't that make the game too easy?

Online coop would indeed be epic. While I can't see it being more than 2 player at once, that would be enough for me to call it THE multiplayer experience of the decade.

thinking strategies with your buddy to get stuff done, trying to react to the unexpected, etc.

It would rock.

MrSerrels

Fully with OP on Pikmin 1 being superior. Perfectly balanced fun game. Pikmin 2 ruined things with the caves and lack of a time limit.

Poyunch

Yeah I like the structure of the caves where time doesn't flow but I do prefer the more open landscapes of the overworld. They could remedy this by following Pikmin 2 and making time progression more or less inconsequential. More time to take in the lush world.

Anyway I want Pikmin to be on anything but the Wii. I don't really see the point anymore of it being on Wii. On Cafe it would be in HD and probably have the Wii controls anyway and on the 3DS there's stylus controls and 3D (which may be interesting to look at from the Pikmin angle).

sphinx

the piano man
Metallix said:
I really like your green Pikmin idea.

Hmmm... how about orange Pikmin? They have white paint on their bodies to make them look like skeletons. They act like normal Pikmin, but when eaten by an enemy, the enemy gets frightened and flees away from you for a few seconds.

Not a bad idea as well, but how would the color work? I'd say, make them orange with black eyes, kinda like a Halloween oufit, make them very rare/hard to harm and have two phases: One alive, when they will scare nearby enemies like you say and then turn into a dead one with ghostly appearance after being eaten/killed by enemies and have them take damage from the innards of enemies for extra damage for a couple of seconds before they disappear for good.

eh, complicated but I liked your idea.

sphinx

the piano man
Jax said:
HYPE?

are we even sure they're making this? I've waited all Wii gen for this game.

I think there have been enough comments from nintendo to assume this will happen at some point.

I also believe that the reason why nintendo didn't take development for a pikmin game with enthusiasm is because Pikmin will not be a huge seller. it indeed is a weird concept with also weird looks and if nintendo is even developing one is only because Miyamoto wants another one, not for any business reason.

I sure will be happy if we get it and if it delivers, there will be my Project Cafe system seller if it doesn't appear on Wii.

watershed

Banned
I don't understand why you wouldn't want Pikmin 3 to be on the cafe instead of the wii though I agree I wouldn't want it on the 3ds.

The wii is too similar to the gamecube for pikmin 3 to be a vastly different experience from 1 and 2. Not only would the graphics be similar but the processing power of the wii wouldn't be able to expand on the world of pikmin much I imagine.

On the cafe not only would it be in glorious hd, but Nintendo would be able to push the photo-realistic environments which is what really grabbed me about pikmin 1. There was an awe that accompanied playing pikmin 1 on the gamecube because of how amazing the environments were. I remember thinking at the time that the grass and water and textures were nearly photo-realistic. The wii would be able to recreate those graphics but it wouldn't be able to re-create that feeling of amazement because those graphics are not impressive today. The cafe on the other hand could really impress with hd pikmin.

In terms of gameplay I would love for the levels to expand in complexity like having over/under sections of land or bridges. I think it would be really cool to see larger scale artifacts like what if in a forest stage you can across a giant bicycle someone abandoned a long time ago and you hand to climb up it. I'm not sure if pikmin takes place on Earth or some Earth like planet but what if in some stages you had to dodge humans walking, like a giant foot nearly killing you and all your pikmin or you had to stealthily climb on or around some people having a picnic in the park. I think this kind of gameplay could also expand on Miyamoto's subtle hints about human pollution and the environment. Like a stage where you had to interfere or interact with deforestation bulldozers or other stuff like that. I'd also like to see a huge increase in the number of pikmin you can farm and control.

PokéKong

It's so hard figuring out how to improve Pikmin, it's such a solid system. The advencement from Pikmin 1 to 2 was primarily of level and play structure nature. The contribution of the teamwork elements and additional colors were negligible, what really made Pikmin 2 the legendary game it was were the levels, the caves, finding all the treasures, beating all the secret bosses, and the lack of the 30 day limit.
So all I think they really need to do is continue to expand the world in a natural progression. Bigger levels, maybe even one gigantic connected world, longer days to accommodate this, more things and more kinds of things to collect (let's face it, this is a game for stamp collecting OCD nerds), and any additions to Pikmin types and manners to of controlling them will just be a bonus.
Oh, but do please give Olimar analog movement. It's 2011, there are many things in between full speed running and complete stop now.

And for once I'm going to say I sure hope they take plenty of time polishing the graphics. The first Pikmin as an early GC game had be utterly blown away by its beauty, and the second did all over again. But unfortunately they haven't aged wonderfully. Yes they're still absolutely gorgeous games, but just that wow factor has faded considerably.
Which is mostly why I hope it doesn't jump to 3DS, maybe an AR centric side game, but Pikmin 3 has got to be a console game. Especially when Miyamoto has been saying how perfect the Wii is for Pikmin from the very beginning, and has the whole history of teasing us with it.

artwalknoon said:
I'm not sure if pikmin takes place on Earth or some Earth like planet but what if in some stages you had to dodge humans walking, like a giant foot nearly killing you and all your pikmin or you had to stealthily climb on or around some people having a picnic in the park. I think this kind of gameplay could also expand on Miyamoto's subtle hints about human pollution and the environment.

I was writing my post at the same time as yours, and then seeing it almost say all the same things brought a twinkle to my eye....
But I'm pretty sure Pikmin takes place on a distant future Earth long after humans are extinct, thus all the artifacts yet odd creatures and no mammals, bugs and amphibians evolved to be the dominant species. Where all the humans went, I'm willing to bet that's something they will start to hint at in future titles, I could easily picture them doing a WALL-E type of plot.

zallaaa

Grey Pikmins. They are the carpenters of the Pikmin family. You draw any shape on the controller's touch and provided you have the right amount of pikmins they quickly form the desired object. Some kind of physics engine could be implemented and you would have to follow some simple construction rules or the pikmins would suitably react (e.g. they would scatter in panic should you order them to build a bridge without the proper supports).

sphinx

the piano man
artwalknoon said:
I don't understand why you wouldn't want Pikmin 3 to be on the cafe instead of the wii though I agree I wouldn't want it on the 3ds.

The wii is too similar to the gamecube for pikmin 3 to be a vastly different experience from 1 and 2. Not only would the graphics be similar but the processing power of the wii wouldn't be able to expand on the world of pikmin much I imagine.

On the cafe not only would it be in glorious hd, but Nintendo would be able to push the photo-realistic environments which is what really grabbed me about pikmin 1. There was an awe that accompanied playing pikmin 1 on the gamecube because of how amazing the environments were. I remember thinking at the time that the grass and water and textures were nearly photo-realistic. The wii would be able to recreate those graphics but it wouldn't be able to re-create that feeling of amazement because those graphics are not impressive today. The cafe on the other hand could really impress with hd pikmin.

In terms of gameplay I would love for the levels to expand in complexity like having over/under sections of land or bridges. I think it would be really cool to see larger scale artifacts like what if in a forest stage you can across a giant bicycle someone abandoned a long time ago and you hand to climb up it. I'm not sure if pikmin takes place on Earth or some Earth like planet but what if in some stages you had to dodge humans walking, like a giant foot nearly killing you and all your pikmin or you had to stealthily climb on or around some people having a picnic in the park. I think this kind of gameplay could also expand on Miyamoto's subtle hints about human pollution and the environment. Like a stage where you had to interfere or interact with deforestation bulldozers or other stuff like that. I'd also like to see a huge increase in the number of pikmin you can farm and control.

Well, I gotta say I am torn in regards to Wii vs Project Cafe. I think it depends on what nintendo is doing and how much extra power is needed.

Considering the difference in scale going from Olimar and his pikmins to a giant human or bicycle or bulldozer, I'd say the extra power from Wii2 would be needed but for the pure graphics or textures, I really couldn't care less, being honest. Nintendo always manages to get their games look right, HD or not.

HD is good for hyperrealism and while indeed, Pikmin HD would look very good, I don't think it wouldn't be a make or break thing.

You have awesome ideas with the human stepping over you and the pikmins, it nintendo does anything similar, it would be sooooo damn epic.

watershed

Banned
PokéKong said:
I was writing my post at the same time as yours, and then seeing it almost say all the same things brought a twinkle to my eye....

Now if only Nintendo would start thinking like us. Also I second the pointer controls and a less punishing time cycle. I like how the world/lighting changes as the day progresses but that bell sound really panicked me in pikmin 1. Also on that subject I would like to see some weather effects tied to the in game clock. Like there could be morning rain showers but they would pass by the in-game afternoon.

I'm not sure how good an idea this would be but what if the game made use of the system's calendar kinda like animal crossing. So if your playing and its winter there's a possibility it will be snowing in certain stages or just a calendar season built into the game as you progress. I can imagine some pretty scary stages with lighting storms and crazy winds where you had to shelter your pikmin or use caves to save them from winds that would sweep them away. That would seriously scare me.

My ideal game:

Start on the first world from pikmin 1, but done in High res HD. Only have original pikmin as a tutorial style stages, then a few challenges based on the old stages..
Omar takes off to the 2nd games world, again easy but more medium challenges but with pikmin 2's pikmin also found.
World 3+ totally new crazy worlds

sphinx

the piano man
artwalknoon said:
Now if only Nintendo would start thinking like us. Also I second the pointer controls and a less punishing time cycle. I like how the world/lighting changes as the day progresses but that bell sound really panicked me in pikmin 1. Also on that subject I would like to see some weather effects tied to the in game clock. Like there could be morning rain showers but they would pass by the in-game afternoon.

I'm not sure how good an idea this would be but what if the game made use of the system's calendar kinda like animal crossing. So if your playing and its winter there's a possibility it will be snowing in certain stages or just a calendar season built into the game as you progress. I can imagine some pretty scary stages with lighting storms and crazy winds where you had to shelter your pikmin or use caves to save them from winds that would sweep them away. That would seriously scare me.

I can tell you have great ideas but Sadly, I don't think this is nintendo's mindset. You sound like you want big and epic stuff, a huge adventure and reading your possibilities does get me hyped.

If only nintendo would implement some of this..

and by the way, you are decidedly convincing me of wanting this exclusively on Wii2, lol

Dystify

They said it's coming to Wii so I'll believe their word. I'd love to see it on Wii 2 though, just for the upgraded visuals.

For 3DS? Not so much. The screen seems too tiny for that, imo. Maybe a spin-off. :p

watershed

Banned
sphinx said:
I can tell you have great ideas but Sadly, I don't think this is nintendo's mindset. You sound like you want big and epic stuff, a huge adventure and reading your possibilities does get me hyped.

If only nintendo would implement some of this..

and by the way, you are decidedly convincing me of wanting this exclusively on Wii2, lol

I agree that Nintendo probably won't do much or any of what I want in the next pikmin. But if it does launch or come to the cafe then I think new additions like the ones I hope for would make sense. With a new and powerful console Nintendo should be looking to show off that power. HD graphics is one way to do it but so are more interactivity, weather effects, larger scale etc.

Another idea, what if there were a stage or a couple of stages where you had to go into a city to grab something like a fresh battery? Could you imagine sneaking into a supermarket or 7-11 to steal a battery? With human npcs and shopping carts going around? That would be epic!

Also I don't think increasing the scale or adding epic scenarios or incorporating weather and stuff is necessarily against Nintendo's desire for the series to stay "cute" or casual in appeal. I mean what's cuter than Pikmin running down an aisle in a supermarket or hiding behind boxes or cereal? More than anything its that Nintendo would rather do another lazy sequel like Nintendogs + Cats is on the 3ds instead of adding lots of fresh ideas and gameplay. Nintendo loves the tried and true route.

Amir0x

Banned
I'd like the controller to be utilized to show HUD elements. Maybe details about items you've picked up. And to have a 'eye in the sky' element where you could see where your other leader is - so if you're controlling Louie the screen could show you where Olimar currently is and if you're controlling Olimar it'll show you where Louie currently is.

I also hope the developers thoroughly ignored the OPs ideas about Pikmin 2. I think the OP does need to be reminded of how small of a minority he is.

Pikmin 2 is just endlessly superior to Pikmin 1. Virtually every aspect of the concept had been refined and made better in the sequel. Almost never in my gaming career have I said a sequel refined and improved in so many essential ways. The "punishing" caves - they weren't punishing at all - were fantastic and added a level of 'let's see how far down we can go with our Pikmins before needing to turn back' that was addicting and compelling. The graphics were better. The music was better. The multiplayer was phenomenal. The item jokes were superior. The level design above ground was endlessly superior. Everything about Pikmin 2 was better.

Pikmin 2 is one of the greatest sequels and games period ever. It's in my top 15.

Anyway, they need to have black and brown Pikmin.

Brown Pikmin are burrowers. They can be sent the burrow in tunnels under ground to reach otherwise inaccessible areas. This would of course be helpful to bring certain items back where other Pikmin could not tread. On attack you'd toss them at an enemy and their go to damage is they burrow beneath and chip at its enemies with hit-and-run tactics. So it's the type of Pikmin you send in to avoid ground based area attacks (ground pounds). It's vulnerable to Birds that can peck through the ground and worm type enemies that can also burrow.

Black Pikmin are night bugs. They can see in pitchblack areas (night vision), where other Pikmin are too afraid to go and thus will cower at the entrance to. Black Pikmin are rare to find but can lead groups of ten Pikmin of any color with them into the pitchblack areas (you can group them together in sub-groups, like a general and its legion). If the other Pikmin leave a certain radius of the Black Pikmin's guidance, they will cower in place until you recover them. When you enter the Pitchblack areas, the game will feature a green heat nightvision effect so the player can see into the darkness. This will allow a lot of clever puzzles where you have to try to make it in and out of the Pitchblack area alive with relatively few Pikmin at your disposal. Black Pikmin are very weak on the attack and will generally commit suicide if sent in.

klier

Just talking and reading about a possible Pikmin 3 makes me happy. Pikmin 2 is one of the best Games Nintendo has ever made, and I'm just dying for a new game in the series.

....And now it being a real possible game for a mighty powerful full HD Nintendo console with graphics GameCube could not even dream of? Fuck yeah!

Amirox, really like your ideas on the brown and black Pikimin. Particularly the black Pikmin.
Nintendo better make this a launch window game for Cafe!

watershed

Banned
Amir0x said:
I'd like the controller to be utilized to show HUD elements. Maybe details about items you've picked up. And to have a 'eye in the sky' element where you could see where your other leader is - so if you're controlling Louie the screen could show you where Olimar currently is and if you're controlling Olimar it'll show you where Louie currently is.

These are all great ideas that should be in the next pikmin. Also online co-op.

sphinx

the piano man
Amir0x said:

I also hope the developers thoroughly ignored the OPs ideas about Pikmin 2. I think the OP does need to be reminded of how small of a minority he is.

Pikmin 2 is just endlessly superior to Pikmin 1. Virtually every aspect of the concept had been refined and made better in the sequel. Almost never in my gaming career have I said a sequel refined and improved in so many essential ways. The "punishing" caves - they weren't punishing at all - were fantastic and added a level of 'let's see how far down we can go with our Pikmins before needing to turn back' that was addicting and compelling. The graphics were better. The music was better. The multiplayer was phenomenal. The item jokes were superior. The level design above ground was endlessly superior. Everything about Pikmin 2 was better.

yeah, I kinda understand this but still, it felt like a chore at some points. Caves were long and tedious at places but the outside world couldn't have been more improved than what it got. Yeah, I am in the minority but still Pikmin 1 was like absolute perfection, Pikmin 2 was more of what was perfect, plus the caves. So yeah, Pikmin 2 is a definite improvement over Pikmin 1 but I prefer the first game. Matter of opinion, I guess.

Nintendo developer's can do whatever they want as long as they actually give us a Pikmin 3 NA release.

anyway, thanks for the Pikmin suggestions! Updated the OP.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pikmin 2 is one of the most beautifully polished games Nintendo have ever done.

I did like the time-limit element of the first game though a lot, and would like to see it return in the next one maybe as a Challenge Mode or something.

Amir0x

Banned
sphinx said:
yeah, I kinda understand this but still, it felt like a chore at some points. Caves were long and tedious at places but the outside world couldn't have been more improved than what it got. Yeah, I am in the minority but still Pikmin 1 was like absolute perfection, Pikmin 2 was more of what was perfect, plus the caves. So yeah, Pikmin 2 is a definite improvement over Pikmin 1 but I prefer the first game. Matter of opinion, I guess.

Nintendo developer's can do whatever they want as long as they actually give us a Pikmin 3 NA release.

anyway, thanks for the Pikmin suggestions! Updated the OP.

Pikmin 1 was like five minutes long and had terrible level design up until the last two areas. They barely even did anything with the concept until the fourth level where you had to really start using your Pikmin in clever ways.

I could perhaps agree that maybe they should go to some lengths to provide a more hands-on approach to the way they laid out the caves (some of the randomly generated cave areas could end up very poorly laid out), but the idea and concept and execution was mostly fantastic and added a level of challenge and tension that was above and beyond anything in the first game.

Amir0x

Banned
Just hearing the comforting, relaxing Pikmin music at Nintendo's E3 conference is going to be enough to bring a huge smile to my face. Might be enough to make the show great by default :D

sphinx

the piano man
Cygnus X-1 said:
Is Pikmin 3 coming? For real?

I'll need help from other Gaffers here but I remember pikmin being part of the recent nintendo rumors and Nintendo stating at different points in time after Chris Remo's direct question to Miyamoto at E3 that the game was in production and that it was coming.

Nintendo has openly spoken about investing some amount of time on a pikmin sequel but at the same time, they give you the feeling of.. " We are also working in startropics 3, mother 4 and other shit that we will never green light for commercial release".

It's annoying because as long as we don't get an official announcment, it can be anything.

Amir0x

Banned
sphinx said:
I'll need help from other Gaffers here but I remember pikmin being part of the recent nintendo rumors and Nintendo stating at different points in time after Chris Remo's direct question to Miyamoto at E3 that the game was in production and that it was coming.

Nintendo has openly spoken about investing some amount of time on a pikmin sequel but at the same time, they give you the feeling of.. " We are also working in startropics 3, mother 4 and other shit that we will never green light for commercial release".

It's annoying because as long as we don't get an official announcment, it can be anything.

Link

Pikmin 3 "Well Underway" Says MiyamotoNintendo designer and Donkey Kong creator Shigeru Miyamoto was in London today to pick up his BAFTA fellowship award, an honor he reciprocated by delivering his acceptance speech in pure English. What did Miyamoto have to say, specifically about Pikmin?

According to the tweet-reporting of the Official Nintendo Magazine UK, Mr. Miyamoto offered the briefest of Pikmin updates. He says the third game in the series, which originated on the GameCube, is "well under way." Sure, we've known for some time that Nintendo is making another Pikmin game, but that it's "well under way" (and not forgotten) is at least comforting.

It's coming.

watershed

Banned
Here's another old article in which Miyamoto talks talks very briefly about pikmin 3.
http://kotaku.com/#!5276531/miyamoto-sorry-he-has-no-new-pikmin-for-us-yet

"I'm sorry," Miaymoto said when we asked him why the new Pikmin wasn't at this E3. "Unfortunately we haven't been able to expand the team size very much, because we've been working on so many different games that we've shown off at the show. So the team is working very hard, but it's a bit of a small team."

I asked, laughing, if there were more than two people on the team.

"Of course," he said, chuckling. "The basic work that they've been doing quite nicely." I tried to confirm whether the team was working on a full new game. He thought for a bit and said: "Yeah, and my basic idea is that the sense of the depth of the game and the simplicity of the control will all be there."

sphinx

the piano man
The one thing I would like to see is a 2 player online Co-op mode. Pikmin 2 was held down because of that, using Olimar and Louie taking turns in single player kinda worked but it really would have profited from being a real-time simultaneous 2 player adventure.

In this sense, I'd love for the time limit to come back. I hate time limits with a passion (Majora's Mask and such) but I can picture myself planning a strating with my partner before starting a day, talking down the road about we do, having a small box of my partners views in my screen to see how things are workings.

if one loses those hard to get black pikmins in a dark cave and has to retreat and fucks up the mission... imagine the friendships that will end up there! hehehe.

Imagine having 10 seconds left, having reached the safety ship and watching as your partner comes running with a fucking bug trying to eat your remaining pikmin from behind.

I'd be amazing, online co-op must be implemented at all costs.

Personally I adored the time-limit mechanic but at the same time, Pikmin is such a relaxing game at its core that it seems odd to put something which is so counter-active to the experience. I think Pikmin 2 made the right choice, but honestly I love how both games play so differently and it's something that keeps the original fresh and unique to me.

I can see why some prefer the original. The whole "gee, I better get more than one item tomorrow or I'll have a problem" challenge of the original is pretty good stuff. That urgency and pre-planning is a little lost in the sequel.

Top Bottom