• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iReadygo - or how China's no shame goes to products with no name (NGP Knockoff)

Takao

Banned
iReadygo to market before NGP
iReadygo copy NGP
iReadygo make Xbox handheld

Well that didn’t take long did it? Although not released yet, the forums over on CnGBA are buzzing with pictures, questions and speculation over this new machine dubbed the RG or the ‘iReadyGo’. Why the fuss? Well it looks like some manufacturer in China decided to go against the grain and release an open source machine this time, and even went as far as sticking in what looks to be a semi decent processor too.

The RG is said to run Android, though which version is anyone’s guess at the moment. The CPU is said to be running at 1GHZ and though the actual chip isn’t listed, I wouldn’t be surprised to find out it was an ARM Cortex A8 since they are cheap now and still relatively powerful.

Now don’t get too excited. WIFI, as well as 3G, GPS and any other added extras like that are said to be supported, meaning they’ll perhaps work via a dongle in the USB port somewhere on the unit. The screen is said to be a capacitive 800×480 OLED at 5 inches across. The D pad looks like crap, so let’s hope they change it before mass production.

Here are some pics of actual prototypes that I gathered from the CnGBA forums. Looks like the left shoulder button popped out on a few of these shots, whoops!

Obscure Handhelds

wX1B8.jpg

2GjzM.jpg

Ubcfw.jpg

Y61L8.jpg

r6mLB.jpg

Holy broken trigger Batman!

rpmurphy

Looks like knockoffs have come along better. Last generation knockoffs of PSP and DS were like Tiger handhelds if I recall correctly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The trigger is broken, the d-pad looks like a giant piece of shit, and it looks like an NGP with xbox colors.

AWESOME.

Reminds me of that bobsgames or whatever it was called handheld that never came out. Had it's own theme song and was only going to cost $10!

Takao

Banned
fanboi said:
Better noname then nogames!
Am I rite?
Am rite.

No glove no love!

PigSpeakers said:
Reminds me of that bobsgames or whatever it was called handheld that never came out. Had it's own theme song and was only going to cost $10!

You can even be American.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Its almost as if the 360 and the NGP had an illigitimate child through a Chinese surrogate mother.

Edit: lol, I'm reminded of this

cv0090.jpg

DiscoJer

I am really surprised we haven't seen any Android gaming dedicated devices like this.

Either a handheld or even one that plugs into a TV.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Salazar said:
iReadyGo sounds like me when I'm drunk and start dropping verbs and prepositions.
Or me when I was potty training.

Top Bottom