• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Enhancements - A Safari Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icon.png

Welp I've switched back to Safari and, having missed the wonderful userscripts and Chrome extensions made by beloved users, decided to bring them over.

So after working on this for a few days I'm happy to share with you guys NeoGAF Enhancements. Current features:

• User highlighter
  • Quick reply
  • Smileys
  • Imgur upload
  • Extra reply buttons (spoiler, highlight & strikethrough)
All combined in one extension and configurable via the extension settings.
I've also got updates working so I can roll out new features.

Also thanks to Andrex, Zombie James and hateradio for allowing me to modify their scripts for this extension.

So yeah, try it out & let me know what you think. =) Also if you have any features in mind that you would like to see, I'm open to ideas.

Safari isn't my main browser but this extension is awesome, it's great having every awesome extension in one add on.

I am getting two quick reply boxes though, not sure what the prob is.

upJTboogie said:
Safari isn't my main browser but this extension is awesome, it's great having every awesome extension in one add on.

I am getting two quick reply boxes though, not sure what the prob is.
Hm.. are you on Windows or OS X?

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
1. Good job.

2. Ew, Safari?

3. People still use it.
I got kinda tired of Chrome, mainly its non-native PDF viewer and stuff like not being able to remove favicons from the bookmarks bar & the fading text in tabs.. Safari 5 is actually a very good browser IMO if you don't mind having separate URL & search bars. :p

upJTboogie said:
Windows 7.
Ah thought that might be it, I'll look into it tomorrow, I haven't tested it under Windows yet. Kind of assumed it would work out of the bat. :p

KtSlime

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
1. Good job.

2. Ew, Safari?

3. People still use it.

Why'd you have to go down this road?

Chrome has many problems, namely the fact that they decided to build Flash into it, it takes up gigs of swap in about a day's use so has to constantly be restarted, yet it can't quit - it has to be Force quit many times due to bugs they introduced into the process termination code against Apple's guidelines and recommendations. That's just a scratch at the surface of problems with Chrome. I have no problem with people using Chrome, but get over yourself, the differences between Chrome and Safari are quite minor, both can at times be good browsers and horrible programs.

Treefingers: Thanks for the hard work!

KtSlime

OuterWorldVoice said:
HOW DO I MAKE IT GO?

(installed, now what?)

Check Preferences: Extensions.

Make sure it is switched on, and then you can tweak settings by selecting NeoGaf Enhancements on the left, etc.

KtSlime

hateradio said:
Sanjuro didn't mention Chrome.

I think I prefer Opera on Macs.

Ah, so you are right. I like the idea of Opera, but it is a bit busy for me.

Sanjuro: Sorry if you were talking about FF/Opera.

Edit: Well not completely sorry, there is no need for you to criticize our browser unless we are doing something really stupid such as IE6 or even crazier IE for mac... (Yeah, I've ran across a few older people that still use it, crazy I know)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ivedoneyourmom said:
Check Preferences: Extensions.

Make sure it is switched on, and then you can tweak settings by selecting NeoGaf Enhancements on the left, etc.

COOL!

a posh hammer said:
I'm getting 2 quick reply boxes as well, I'm on OS X though. But it is 10.5 still, don't know if that's it
Hmm very odd, I'll probably have an update out tomorrow that fixes this.

celebi23 said:
Holy crap, this is awesome! It's like a Swiss Army Knife! Amazing job. Oh & there's a bug with the Smilies:
grin.gif
Ah yes I totally forgot to fix that before releasing, lol. Hold on I'll fix it now. :p

Edit: Done!

celebi23

Treefingers said:
Hmm very odd, I'll probably have an update out tomorrow that fixes this.

Ah yes I totally forgot to fix that before releasing, lol. Hold on I'll fix it now. :p

Edit: Done!

Wow, that was quick
grin.gif
. Again, amazing extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom