• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tokyo Jungle screens. Lions vs Hyenas, and a Deer QTE? Perfect!

V_Ben

Banned
Bow down to your ludicrous overlords.

a863c07a5af55d8e9ac7c5af37b7debc.jpg

a047430a5df8330ab268873df9a404e8.jpg

aed9cee86556c1671425660114596f99.jpg

1be1ed3a5600206886ea389b37cee188.jpg

5a080cace1015f6f6bb73d2de1b72b62.jpg

67bf48ae4b7f8902f971ed9e83a869f2.jpg

77762e6441f841715b89090871f6f8c6.jpg

I am PUMPED.

V_Ben

Banned
Snuggler said:
Looks amazing. Is this a PCP title? I'll buy it for PS3 if I can.

PCP? PlayStation Camp? If so, yes. It's Japan Studio :)

Edit: Also, it's a downloadable game IIRC.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The animals look 'shopped into the environments, and they didn't even have the decency of adding a Drop shadow.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
V_Ben said:

so I can buy this shit on PSN and play it on my PS3

sold, thanks for making me aware of this particular title

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This looks seriously awesome. I hope I can play as a Hyena wearing a hard hat.

Himself

After watching some youtubes of this, I doubt it'll make it to the states...sigh...keep buying those Calls of Dutys bros.

V_Ben

Banned
Himself said:
After watching some youtubes of this, I doubt it'll make it to the states...sigh...keep buying those Calls of Dutys bros.

It's a first party PSN game... it'll come out in territories that aren't Japan :)

Himself

V_Ben said:
It's a first party PSN game... it'll come out in territories that aren't Japan :)

My girlfriend is cooking me dinner and now this good news. My day just keeps getting better. Thanks!

SykoTech

V_Ben said:

Was Malicious 1st party? That one looked pretty good but it still hasn't come over.

Not sure what to think about this one...

Takao

Banned
V_Ben said:

Just like those Cellius applications, and Toro games. Oh, I also can't forget Everybody's Mini Putt Golf with Toro.

Okay, the last one is technically a second-party game.

V_Ben

Banned
Takao said:
Just like those Cellius applications, and Toro games. Oh, I also can't forget Everybody's Mini Putt Golf with Toro.

Okay, the last one is technically a second-party game.

Has a Toro game ever come out anywhere but Asia? Also, this game had an announcement post on the EU PlayStation.Blog. It. Is. Coming.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Someone went "Hey Guy-san how about Afrika in an urban setting with street fighter and rpg elements and throw in QTE for the fun of it"

"I rike it"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
oh shit, there is a T-Rex in this trailer

if this doesn't come out in the US, and soon, I will be pissed

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Looks terrible, who made this shi..

..can't say I'm surprised

Might get it just for the hyena in the hard-hat

Edit: Wait, what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Jungle#Gameplay said:
There are 50 breeds and 80 types of animals to be expected. Animals confirmed for Tokyo Jungle include lion, crocodile, tiger, giraffe, chimpanzee, hippo, cheetah, chimpanzee, gazelle, chicken, beagle, tyrannosaurus, and fox

Sold.

I assume this is some bedroom indy project SCEJ saw and decided to publish?

It looks like a budget ps2 title but hopefully its fun to play. Definitely a unique idea.

Kuran

Banned
Looks like a very fun and original game. I'd like to see it in motion as the way the animals are textured is odd.. in a stylized way.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
No QTEs! It's L1 to split up from your brother in the Deer Story.

This was the best game at TGS last year. (That's not a diss to the anemic TGS showing.)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I like the absurdity, but this thing needs some psychedelic cartoon artstyle pronto.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Zeal said:
is this what japanese development studios have been degraded to? wow.

It's a Playstation CAMP title, where a submission chosen from the general public is teamed with a small dev to make an 'indie' game.

ps

Tokyo-Jungle-Trains.jpg

tgs2010-tokyojungle.jpg

THE GREATEST.

Gacha-pin

V_Ben said:

If I remember correctly, Playstaytion Camp is an amateur game creator's project supported by SCEJ, it's not Japan Studio.

Top Bottom