• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY: Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy (New Screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCreasy

UPDATE: Trailer Released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTrMc4bRcu0&feature=player_embedded

I think this film has the potential to be pretty damn badass. It has a profoundly awesome bench of actors mixing it up in a cold war espionage setting. It's worth mentioning: Mark Strong and Ralph Fiennes are in this too.

Too much awesome.

gary-oldman-tinker-tailor-solider-spy-movie-image.jpg

It is now beyond doubt that a mole, implanted decades ago by Moscow Centre, has burrowed his way into the highest echelons of British Intelligence. His treachery has already blown some of its most vital operations and its best networks. It is clear that the double agent is one of its own kind. But which one? George Smiley is assigned to identify him. And once identified, the traitor must be destroyed.

colin-firth-tinker-tailor-solider-spy-movie-image.jpg

tom-hardy-tinker-tailor-solider-spy-movie-image.jpg

From slashfilm:

The story has retired intelligence agent George Smiley (Gary Oldman) being called back to serve when a high-ranking member of MI6 is suspected of being a Soviet mole. I still hope that Le Carré and Morgan kept the jargon that was used in the novel; Le Carré called MI6 ‘the circus’, black bag ops were ’scalphunters’ and American agents were ‘the cousins’.

Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy has been adapted twice before: by the BBC for television in 1979 with Alec Guinness starring as George Smiley, and then by BBC Radio 4 in 1988. A 1982 BBC mini-series later adapted Smiley’s People (again with Guinness), the third book in the trilogy, but the middle chapter has never made it to screen. The shoes of Alec Guinness will be difficult to fill, and I’d initially hoped for someone like Bob Hoskins, but Gary Oldman could easily nail this, too

Solo

Good cast, but none of them are Alec Guiness, and this is going to have a tough time outsdoing the 70's version.

Tremas

Didn't care much when this was announced, despite the amazing cast. This trailer however is astounding, I can't wait.

Did I mention just how amazing that cast is? God damn.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
With this fucking cast. It could even be a Shyamalan film, and it wouldn't fail.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
That looks bloody amazing. Dear god with that cast. British film of 2011, I'm saying this now.

Old cast sounded much better (Fassbender and David Thewlis instead of Tom Hardy and Strong) but still this cast is pretty cool. Also Ciaran Hinds and Stephen Graham are in here, two really underrated people.

however, I loved the old movie. Don't think this will come close to being as good as it. Also like Solo said, aint none of these fools Alec Guiness.

Oh snap, Let the Right one In director. I hope his translation to English filmmaking is a good one.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Such a beautiful film. I'm way too hyped for this. This cast and a soviet era setting is all i have ever asked from a film. I will be there, day one.

bud

Veidt said:
Such a beautiful film. I'm way too hyped for this. This cast and a soviet era setting is all i have ever asked from a film. I will be there, day one.

if you're into spy films, you should totally check out spy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom