• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Order Up!! (2) for Move/3DS and Order Up!!: To Go for iOS

benjipwns

Banned
UPDATE (Dec 7th 2011): SVS confirmed it yesterday to be coming to PS3/3DS in January 2012. With "To Go" coming for iOS as well.

A PS3 "trailer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gt74EHFhWE

The PS3™ version of Order Up!! marks the first appearance of the popular franchise on the PlayStation platform, featuring support for the PlayStation®Move motion controller as well as the system’s 3D capabilities and 3D-enabled HDTVs. In addition, the game supports the standard SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, taking full advantage of its tilt features and dual analog sticks. New features include co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, 3D and enhanced visuals, as well as all new music, restaurants, characters, cuisines and more!

Order Up!! on Nintendo 3DS will also take full advantage of its platform by, not only offering 3D and enhanced visuals, but will also utilize both screens, requiring players to trace, drag, tap or hold the images on the lower screen in order to complete all of the cooking craziness in the allotted time period.

9odJD.jpg
TcTnq.jpg

-

Original OP with older details:
iWl4v.jpg

http://www.svsgames.com/?p=680
Welcome to Kung Fusion! There’s a new hot spot in Order Up!! Whip up your favorite pseudo-arguably-Asian-inspired dishes and meet our new waiter! He’s quick and deadly…ERRR, friendly…we meant friendly!
As5Fm.jpg

kSY6X.jpg

buOBR.jpg

Actually, we thought 2 exclamation points was a great way to indicate that there is a whole host of new stuff to see and do, without the indication of an entirely new sequel. So let me make this the official “more info” post. We’ll see if anybody on the world-wide interpages picks it up.

First things first. There are two fairly different versions of the game coming out this year. Let’s talk about Order Up!! as we all know and love it, but with new content and features! This will come out on Playstation 3 (Move), Nintendo 3DS (which I don’t think we told anyone yet), and a third (TBA) platform as well! Playstation 3 will feature split-screen cooperative and turn-based competitive multi-player! There are other new features, new high-res visuals and lighting, a new restaurant (complete with new food and a ninja waiter!), and several other changes and additions that players of the original release can discover, while new players take it all in for the first time! Oh, and you can play it in 3D (with the slick shutter glasses), while the 3DS version is 3D also (of course)!

Then there is the iOS game! It will be released for both iPhone/iPod and iPad. As for custom features for iPad 2, we’ll update it endlessly if it takes off, so we wouldn’t rule out anything. The iOS game is structured differently from console games, and has the player working and managing more things in order to build their empire of restaurants and skyrocket their ratings. Of course, the game still revolves around cooking gameplay and all of the personality that is built in to the characters and places you ‘ll see. In this version, restaurants are non-linear. You can buy and open them in any order, as long as you have enough coin. You also have to buy your food and supplies at the start of each day and be careful not to run out of popular dishes! It’s a different dynamic than the story-based game, so fans of Order Up!! will definitely want to check out both versions on their favorite devices and consoles!

For all versions of the game, there is also a brand new Burger Face experience to start you off. The endless text pop-ups in the original drove us nuts, but we were pressed for time. So we’ve gone back and redone the whole tutorial! Burger Face Drive-Thru!

As for an all new Order Up 2, we’re really hoping that we find a good-sized and dedicated audience by returning to our beloved Island Paradise of Port Abello! We have a fully featured sequel laid out that we’re dying to get a chance to create, if the games catch on. So spread the word! Order Up!! is coming and everyone should put down Angry Birds and Bullet Storm for a while and check it out! Think that will fly? ;-p

Graphic from a while back:
76WXc.jpg

Apologies if already posted all I could find in a search was my thread from the start of the year.

I really should buy the original given the GAF impressions. I think I saw that Zoo was the publisher and I let that prejudice me :/

Struct09

Awesome, the original is a lot of fun!

Doesn't sound like this is a full blown sequel, but I'll keep an eye on it.

dream

Oh, no way! I loved Order Up!

Was Order Up successful enough to warrant a sequel? Or is this just coming out cause it's cheap to make?

benjipwns

Banned
dream said:
Was Order Up successful enough to warrant a sequel? Or is this just coming out cause it's cheap to make?
From what was posted, and I have nothing else but my interpretation, it seems like the original did well enough that they're doing this updated re-release for more platforms and if it does well enough they'll get to do a full sequel. (Which as noted above they apparently already have "laid out.")

pje122

Night_Trekker said:
I really should buy the original given the GAF impressions. I think I saw that Zoo was the publisher and I let that prejudice me :/
What's wrong with Zoo...?

Adam J.

Order Up for Wii was a blast--the game came packaged with a real paper short-order cook hat. How awesome is that?

I will get this for Move and iOS. It'd be awesome if the fancy HD version came with an apron packed in...

Ashodin

My GF is ALLL OVER THIS.

Order Up is even better than Cooking Mama. you heard it right fools, look it up on metacritic.

benjipwns

Banned
Found a "trailer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gt74EHFhWE

The PS3™ version of Order Up!! marks the first appearance of the popular franchise on the PlayStation platform, featuring support for the PlayStation®Move motion controller as well as the system’s 3D capabilities and 3D-enabled HDTVs. In addition, the game supports the standard SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, taking full advantage of its tilt features and dual analog sticks. New features include co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, 3D and enhanced visuals, as well as all new music, restaurants, characters, cuisines and more!

Order Up!! on Nintendo 3DS will also take full advantage of its platform by, not only offering 3D and enhanced visuals, but will also utilize both screens, requiring players to trace, drag, tap or hold the images on the lower screen in order to complete all of the cooking craziness in the allotted time period.

And some more PS3 footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3cAb25Z4M#t=2m41s

Top Bottom