• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lulz Sec (hacker group) claims to have hacked Nintendo's site

TunaLover

GN said:
Lulz Security is the group of hackers that have been going after Sony lately, and now it seems that they may have turned their attention to Nintendo. According to the group's official Twitter account, they messed around with Nintendo's website to see where the security loopholes were. You can check out their 'work' at the link below.

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/76782021116051457

By the way they have not attacked Nintendo in any form, just messing around Nintendo's website, to see security loopholes, why? who knows... -____-

flipping_heck said:
What has Nintendo done to deserve this?

What has anyone to deserve this thus far? Regardless of whether or not you like these companies, no one deserves to be attacked and harassed like this.

test_account

XP-39C²
butter_stick said:
Did Nintendo sue anybody when Wii got hacked?
Not that i know of. I only know that they have sued over R4 cards for the DS. But i dont think that this hack is related to any suing that Nintendo has done.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hacking a site isn't exactly the same as what they did for Sony... It happens all the time... I don't have my credit card info or even real name/address anywhere on there either.

MRORANGE

yo hackers, if you really want to help us out:

SDpi4.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh for fuck's sake. They'd better not screw with my Pokeymans!

wsippel

Banned
flipping_heck said:
What has Nintendo done to deserve this?
Nothing. From LulzSec:

We're not targeting Nintendo. We like the N64 too much - we sincerely hope Nintendo plugs the gap. This is just for lulz. <3

We love SNES, Megadrive, N64, Dreamcast... Sega & Nintendo have a special place in our Lulz Boat. Desert Strike, anyone? #MEGADRIVE

Targeting the FBI is one thing, but do they really want to mess with the legacy of Hiroshi Yamauchi?

Do they know who they are dealing with?

Jenga

Banned
the only thing more amusing than these guys fucking around, is people's reaction to it

on one side you got people acting like they murdered their dogs, while the other latch onto to them like they're the dark knights we all deserve

Zomba13

I'd like to hear their justification for this attack. They've had their own reasons for all the others (FBI being FBI, Sony doing Sony stuff, PBS publishing an article they don't like or something).

Averon

Zomba13 said:
I'd like to hear their justification for this attack. They've had their own reasons for all the others (FBI being FBI, Sony doing Sony stuff, PBS publishing an article they don't like or something).

It's for the lulz at this point. They don't need a reason.

wrowa

I don't care what you hack as long as it doesn't interrupts the E3 coverage. Especially since Nintendo's own coverage was really good last year.

spats

Zomba13 said:

Their justification for attacing Sony was 'for the lulz'. I imagine this is the same case.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mama Robotnik said:

Clearly they don't. If they keep this up Yamauchi will descend from his heavenly tower and deliver a thousand of his legendary pimp slaps.

AcciDante

Why don't they dedicate their time to getting more hot celebrity pictures instead of messing things up for everyone? We can all appreciate that, at least!

Azure J

Mama Robotnik said:
Targeting the FBI is one thing, but do they really want to mess with the legacy of Hiroshi Yamauchi?

His wrath will be swift and his actions precise. Shit's about to get real. :lol

Maybe when they get locked up theyll get to spend time with someone whos last precious free days was ruined cause of the PSN outage.

No one cares.

...I'm not saying that as a statement of fact, just the idea that if we all show signs of utter disinterest, all of us as a collective internet community that is, they might stop being silly

JSR

Have they actually done anything to Nintendo or just gained access to the server's configuration file to show they can? Hopefully they stay away from user data.

mr_nothin

Banned
Zomba13 said:
For the Lulz apparently

Top Bottom