• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 2011 Xbox Experience/Dashboard screens

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.joystiq.com/photos/new-xbox-experience-2011/#/0

2searchresults1buttonxmen0531.png

gameschannel6slots0531.png

1home30rock0531.png

2social3button0523.png

7apps0523.png

6music0523.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I despise the ads, but the design is slick. I dig seeing my digital content represented with pretty images like that.

Futureman

pharmboy044 said:
Wow, looking more and more like the XMB.

That's what I was thinking.

Isn't this the 3rd major look for XBox Dashboard? Pretty crazy they've overhauled that many times in what, 5 years now?

I like this better than the current dash, but I still HATE how they have huge pieces of the dash with stuff you may never, ever use and can't do anything about it (Hulu Plus for example above).

LQX

They only thing that stood out from the conference. I just hope this time around you start on the game channel and your XBLA purchases is also in the same panel. So annoying you have to navigate to the game channel.

Walshicus

Withnail said:
That's a good looking UI.

The layout is reminiscent of XMB though, it must be said.
Perhaps, but the design history is separate. The Metro UI scheme has grown organically for years now. Media Centre, Zune Client, NXE, WP7, Windows 8 and now this NNXE...

DasRaven

I like it, but doesn't this mean existing premium themes are rendered useless?

Let me configure the background image/color and the icon background color and I'll be OK losing my Limbo premium theme.

Futureman

bloodforge said:
It searches the marketplace.

oh... Kind of dumb. Should have just called it search. Bing to me is how you search the web, but MS is trying to make us think "Bing" and "search" are synonymous.

Magnus

What I'd like to know is, are all the features that use Kinect voice commands available with the use of the normal headset/mic as well?

Probably not. :(

jagowar

pharmboy044 said:
Wow, looking more and more like the XMB.

To me it looks nothing like the xmb....

It still looks very nice.... having windows 8 and this sharing the look and feel is a good thing. Its also a very good thing it will be a single dashboard now vs having a separate kinect UI.

Guevara

bkfount said:
so the games tab gets dumped way on the end near settings and music...

lol.
Hate this. I don't want to skip by the store, the social baloney, and movies just to play a game.

Mr_Zombie

It looks nice but there's so much unused space that it's killing me. Why are there only 8 small tiles there, when there's a place for at least 12? Also, while controlling it with Kinect will be really intuitive (at least it looked so at MS conference), I wonder how will it work with gamepad.

Top Bottom