• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Anime Expo 2011 Panel: (Fate/Extra, Hakuouki for PSP Announced)

Aksys is starting their Anime Expo panel now. Siliconera has a liveblog going here. Two titles will be announced and we know from hints that one is a Marvelous game, one is an otome game, and at least one is a PSP game. Get hyped!

Marvelous game is Fate/Extra (PSP), developed by Imageepoch.

Otome game is Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP), developed by Idea Factory.

salromano

Wouldn't they both be Otome games, OP? At least, that's how their Anime Expo newsletter makes it sound.

SpawD.jpg

salromano said:
Wouldn't they both be Otome games, OP? At least, that's how their Anime Expo newsletter makes it sound.

Could be. I was going by their Siliconera interview where they implied they had a Marvelous-published title in the works, and I'm not aware of any Marvelous-published otome games - not that I'm very familiar with that field.

Takao said:
If XSEED betrayalton me with Dangan Ronpa, I sure hope it's Aksys who brings it back.

As Dangan Ronpa is neither a Marvelous game, nor an otome game, may as well stop hoping right now.

My current guesses are a Hakuouki game and Half-Minute Hero 2, but we shall see.

salromano

hosannainexcelsis said:
Could be. I was going by their Siliconera interview where they implied they had a Marvelous-published title in the works, and I'm not aware of any Marvelous-published otome games - not that I'm very familiar with that field.

Ah. I assumed they were just calling their games marvelous. XD

Takao

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
As Dangan Ronpa is neither a Marvelous game, nor an otome game, may as well stop hoping right now.

My current guesses are a Hakuouki game and Half-Minute Hero 2, but we shall see.

I know XSEED is at Anime Expo, do they have a panel?

Edit: Whoa, Fate/Extra? Weird pickup.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
First game: Fate/Extra

Takao

Banned
Isn't this the first Imageepoch title to be released in North America? What a weird one to come over...

Grimmy

Banned
Funny how NISA made a deal with Imageepoch, but the Imageepoch game that's being localized is from Aksys.

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom coming to PSP.

Takao said:
Isn't this the first Imageepoch title to be released in North America? What a weird one to come over...

Nah, we've gotten Luminous Arc 1/2, Sands of Destruction, and Arc Rise Fantasia.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom coming to PSP (Idea Factory)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grimmy said:
Funny how NISA made a deal with Imageepoch, but the Imageepoch game that's being localized is from Aksys.

NISA is afraid to bring over PSP games now, didn't you hear?

Lain

So both games are PSP games. Ballsy move from Aksys, but I'll support them 100% on both titles.

Grimmy

Banned
rainking187 said:
HMH2 will be from XSEED if it's announced.

That would be surprising since they're now working on Corpse Party. I'm still hopeful though...

hosannainexcelsis said:
Both games will be released retail and PSN and will have special editions.

Wow, even UMD retail? Very gutsy. I hope they are able to break even....

hosannainexcelsis said:
Both games will be released retail and PSN and will have special editions.

I guess that's interesting, I like PSP games, I like Aksys, and I love special editions, but I just honestly have absolutely no interest in either of these games. Sorry guys.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
>With enough love anything is possible says James and we love the PSP says Aileen

Those bastards.

Teasing the seacats.

Awesome game announcements though.

Grimmy

Banned
Aksys has had their hits and misses (ahem, Mimana Iyar Chronicles), but I'm eternally grateful they released Gladiator Begins. Really hope these turn out well.

ULTROS!

About Arcana Heart3 for 360 - for the most part it couldn't happen. We wanted to do it, James said.

:(

Lain

Special editions for both games? I'll buy them!

Also, since they love VNs, they love the PSP and they like suiciding, they should have picked up Steins;gate lol.

Unknown Soldier said:
Since NISA won't do it, I think Aksys should release Black Rock Shooter too.

NISA has the rights to that, since it's an Imageepoch self-published title, so Aksys would have to negotiate with them.

Top Bottom