• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit Ninja Kinect |OT| Take That Pomegranate : XBLA - 800msp

Gowans

banner.png

boxartlg.jpg

Platform: XBLA
Price: $10, 800 points (Game is also bundled with The GunStringer)
Release Date: 10th August 2011 (or a fortnight ago in the MS Store leak)
Developer: Halfbrick
Publisher: Xbox LIVE Arcade
Genre: Action & Adventure, Family, Kinect
Features:
- Offline players 1 - 2
- Offline co-op 1 - 2
- ONLINE FEATURES
- Content downloads
- Leaderboards

Game Info:
YOU are the ninja! The worldwide gaming phenomenon Fruit Ninja has now arrived for Kinect! Your arms are now blades, and the epic battle against the world's most delicious produce is just beginning. Fruit Ninja Kinect is an amazing evolution of the slice-em-up genre created by Halfbrick, utlising next-gen power for the juiciest combat ever! With Classic, Zen and the frenetic Arcade Mode, Fruit Ninja Kinect includes all the action you know and love with precision control - along with special features exclusive to Kinect! With Party Mode, multiple players can turn a normal night into a fierce tournament - and the new Challenge system will reveal the true masters among your friends!

Screens:
screenlg1.jpg

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg5.jpg

Videos:
YouTube Trailer
Crecente Video Playthrough

Reviews:
Metacritic Link
Destructoid 8/10
CheapAssGamer "Outstanding"
WorthPlaying - 8/10
IGN 5.5/10
OXM 6/10
Videogamer.com 7/10
GamePro 4/5
Joystiq 4.5 / 5

Unlocks:
Jacket:
5RVrq.png
T-Shirt:
IoBUi.png
Other: Pending
GamerPics:

Marketplace Link:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Fruit-Ninja-Kinect/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b79

il77MK.gif

NEOGAF LAUNCH DAY COMPETITION:
HalfbrickPhil said:
NeoGAF compete go now! Post your highest score for Arcade mode and Gamertag, and the player who has the highest score after 24 hours will get a free Fruit Ninja shirt from Halfbrick and a limited edition Raskulls plush toy from our first XBLA game Raskulls.

Second place gets a shirt - and the kind person who collaborates score progress overnight while we Australians have sleepytime will also get a shirt for their assistance!

I'll contact the winner via PM. Photos of you with your high score on the TV welcome :)

fruit-ninja-like-a-boss-150x225.jpg

268247_10150228658937919_166607547918_7604248_3215275_s.jpg
CURRENT STANDINGS:
853 - Mdk7 - CONFIRMED
778 - Gowans007 - CONFIRMED
682 - cool_dude_2049
587 - Whitehawk
545 - TKR92
540 - papercuts
515 - Lighting Gels
503 - Stormwatch
500 - bryehn
434 - madmackem

EteRnal_PAL said:
Nice OP. Will get my free copy of Fruit Ninja Kinect when Gunstringer comes out.
That's my plan, I'll certainly try the free trial though.

I'm a little surprised this game has (seemingly) turned out as well as it has considering how much could have gone wrong.

Neuromancer said:
That's my plan, I'll certainly try the free trial though.

I'm a little surprised this game has (seemingly) turned out as well as it has considering how much could have gone wrong.
Yeah, definitely giving the free trial a spin too.

Gowans

Like I said in the other thread I've been setting some new highscores on the iPad version and my almost 2 year old loves the no bomb mode and bashing his fingers over the screen.

It will be interesting to see how I do here but one thing you can do on the iOS versions is use multiple fingers but it's difficult, this version seems to incurage it through kinect with two hands and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well up some some GAF leaderboard challenges once it releases.

Gowans

watership said:
Was this a quick look? I can't seem to find it.
Last Section of the Happy Hour, I was looking forward to it but after watching that it honestly got me really excited for it.

GIF Credit is Keyser Sose.

clav

I'm puzzled why this game is not 400 MS points or less.

Is the file size really that different?

feel

(moving this post here from the other thread)

Played it a ton during the past weekend, I really like it! :)

The fire blade makes me feel like a badass evil wizard/ninja character. I like doing cool taunts with my shadow and the flames, it's kinda like those gestures the characters do in fighting games like mortal kombat before and after the fighting

tried playing it with this cheap katana I have, and it displayed the katana on my in-game shadow as I sliced around. REALLY COOL

2cgbjgn.jpg

But I was just testing it and won't be doing that much, it's already pretty exhausting with nothing in your hands

I love how I can just leave the game running for hours on the tv and seeing my shadow appear and disappear in a puff of smoke as I walk in front of the tv, and if I decide I want to stop in front of the tv and start slashing some fruit, I can just do that without any delays

Conciliator said:
What a bewildering anomaly in the summer of arcade lineup. More Kinect shovelware as best as I can tell.
No... that sonic game is kinect shovelware, this is hands free gaming done right.

Diablohead said:
Game is great on iphone so I can see this being more fun with kinect, wow did I actually say that? :eek:
There's no comparison really, after you start incorporating roundhouse kicks into combos it's hard to go back to the ios one lol :)

Gaspode_T

What is this sword mode about? You actually can hold a sword and have the game recognize it???

That GIF is awesome...the smile he cracks at the end is just pure and impossible to hate upon. Slicing up the pomegranates is awesome even on the mobile version.

Popeck

I like the way they've implemented the challenges in the game. If someone on your friends list makes a new high score or has a better score than you on some game mode, the game will say that immediately in the main menu and you can easily jump in to try to beat that score simply by smashing that challenge fruit. It's hard to resist. And of course when you do beat it, there's a nice animation when you move to the top of the leaderboard.

Goldmund

Popeck said:
I like the way they've implemented the challenges in the game. If someone on your friends list makes a new high score or has a better score than you on some game mode, the game will say that immediately in the main menu and you can easily jump in to try to beat that score simply by smashing that challenge fruit. It's hard to resist. And of course when you do beat it, there's a nice animation when you move to the top of the leaderboard.
The game looks really shallow. Is there any depth to these challenges/leaderboard aspects? Or is it something you'll have forgotten in a week? I really liked Pacman Championship Edition DX -- but I haven't played it since the day I got it.

Rad-

Surprised this has gotten so much positive impressions almost everywhere. Still a shame that it's not 400 MS points but I'll give the demo a shot.

Vice

Goldmund said:
The game looks really shallow. Is there any depth to these challenges/leaderboard aspects? Or is it something you'll have forgotten in a week? I really liked Pacman Championship Edition DX -- but I haven't played it since the day I got it.

If it's anything like the ios version you'll probably get bored. It's all about getting a higher score. There are some unlockables but I think they're all cosmetic.

SeanR1221

I've played a little (got in on the MS Store mistake) and it's pretty cool, but I don't like classic too much. See, it's sometimes hard to get your hand in position without producing the "blade" effect, so if you accidentally hit a bomb, you're toast.

Arcade and Zen are a ton of fun, though.

Popeck

Goldmund said:

I haven't played the game too much yet, but yeah, it does seem a little bit shallow, like most or if not all of the Kinect games. There's the four different game modes, some cosmetic unlockables, the leaderboards and that's about it.

Top Bottom