• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill HD Collection heading to 360

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Credits to Acquiescence: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/silent-hill-hd-collection-also-heading-to-xbox-360-konami-aimi/

Silent Hill: Downpour producer Tomm Hulett announced -- in video form -- during Konami's Gamescom press conference that the upcoming Silent Hill HD Collection would also be coming to Xbox 360. It was initially announced for PlayStation 3 only. According to Hulett, the HD Collection's Xbox 360 version is coming as a result of fan response to the originally announced exclusivity.

Without giving a solid release date (the game is currently pegged for "September/October") Hulett noted that Konami is "aiming" to release Silent Hill HD Collection on both consoles simultaneously.

No delay pls. :/

I'm pleased by this news. Never really understood why it was exclusive in the first place. Now just give us a release date, that's like... less than 2 months away.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So amongst the HD collections that aren't Sony first-party titles, which are still PS3 exclusive? Just Prince of Persia (keeping in mind that all three Tomb Raider games are already available)? Or is Splinter Cell still exclusive as well?

Truant said:
"Capcom released a press statement saying they actually want to make some money from this."

What? Guess it's only a matter of time before they replace all the creatures in the hd collection with Africans.

Shurs

Weird.

Ii thought it was announced as a multiplatform title with the PS3 version getting a code to download the first Silent Hill from PSN.

Gravijah

Great. Shouldn't have been exclusive in the first place.
Shurs said:
Weird.

Ii thought it was announced as a multiplatform title with the PS3 version getting a code to download the first Silent Hill from PSN.

I wasn't aware it had a SH download code. You sure you aren't remembering people asking for that to happen?

Well that's good news. Still want to see more of the actual product though.

Stumpokapow said:
Just Prince of Persia (keeping in mind that all three Tomb Raider games are already available)? Or is Splinter Cell still exclusive as well?
I believe Splinter Cell remains an exclusive currently.

Shurs

Gravijah said:
I wasn't aware it had a SH download code. You sure you aren't remembering people asking for that to happen?

Yeah, I don't know.

I mus have gotten some things turned around in my head.

I'm happy this is coming to 360.

Coxy

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Ah. Well at this point Capcom owning SH would almost be for the better, almost.

because capcom would never butcher, outsource or kill off a beloved series

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Roland Deschain said:
Any logical reason the first one isn't included? Too hard to update maybe?

It's a PSone game. Has there been a PSone game ported as an HD game (asides Symphony of the Night)?

Shurs

Roland Deschain said:
Any logical reason the first one isn't included? Too hard to update maybe?

It would look like shit, I'm guessing. This is probably the reason that no one is including PSone games in their HD collections,

ULTROS!

Sony shot themselves on the foot.

Magicpaint said:
Cool :) More (good) Silent Hill for more people = good.

But still no Silent Hill 1 on the 360 (and one of the best too). :p

ULTROS!

ULTROS! said:
But still no Silent Hill 1 on the 360 (and one of the best too). :p
Yeah that is indeed unfortunate, but really think about the visuals. It's clearly dated visually so I can see why they wouldn't want it there.

TheOddOne said:
See, this is why people get banned.
Not sure if serious.

ULTROS!

RPGCrazied said:
I fear for The Last Guardian.

Coming to the Android (main platform). :D

Tadale

Cool. I honestly would prefer most HD collections to be on Xbox-- achievements give me good reason to replay.

Excellent news - I've got a copy of Silent Hill 2 for the original Xbox and it always annoyed me that it wasn't backwards compatible with 360. Now this pack will fix that and give me an excuse to finally play SH3.

Bummer that SH1 isn't included. Konami really oughtta make some effort to pretty up the original Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid and then put those suckers on XBLA. Or get MS to give them the same deal Capcom got for putting its old RE titles on Games on Demand.

.la1n

excellent, these things should be multi platform anyway

edit: now how about some guardian heroes news ;)

Top Bottom