• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami's latest earnings results mention Silent Hill "remakes".

Draugoth

Gold Member
silenthill2-1440x810.jpg

Konami has potentially suggested that more than one Silent Hill remake is in development.

The Japanese publisher revealed plans to revive its long-dormant horror series last October, when it announced that brand-new games were in the works alongside a Silent Hill 2 remake from developer Bloober Team.

Providing an update on its upcoming projects on Thursday as part of its quarterly earnings results, the company stated that Silent Hill “remakes” were being planned.

It said:

“As for ongoing efforts, we are working diligently on Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, which faithfully recreates the story, characters, and game design of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, one of the most beloved entries in the Metal Gear series, and updates its graphical style to modern graphics for the current generation, as well as remakes and completely new entries in the Silent Hill series, which gained popularity as a psychological horror game.”

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, which faithfully recreates the story, characters, and game design of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

wait wait wait .. faithfully recreates?

so no modern sensibilities or Phantom Pain controls?

-

Also, that wording sounds like a generic qualifier, I wouldn't read too much into it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The MGS collection barely qualifies as half-assed and the Snake Eater remake looks like Konami hired that man. Even if the Silent Hill 2 remake maybe looks a little better, what can you realistically expect from them? At some point gamers need to smarten up and not get instantly excited when companies announce these clearly cynical cash grabs.

acm2000

konami are shit, their remakes are shit, their remasters are shit.

stop getting your hopes up for anything good at of that shell of a company and maybe one day you might get a somewhat pleasant surprise. maybe.

tommib

The Konami comeback is turning out to be a sour nightmare. They just don’t get it.

They had a chance with Kojima for Silent Hill. That chance is gone. From Software at this point would make a better Silent Hill than Bloober.

Last edited:
konami are shit, their remakes are shit, their remasters are shit.

stop getting your hopes up for anything good at of that shell of a company and maybe one day you might get a somewhat pleasant surprise. maybe.
Yeah just sell the 3 main ips to Sony and they can hired some talent to make AAA games of them

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The Konami comeback is turning out to be a sour nightmare. They just don’t get it.

They had a chance with Kojima for Silent Hill. That chance is gone. From Software at this point would make a better Silent Hill than Bloober.

It's super weird.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I can't believe this thread has been open for a few hours and nobody has posted a pic of Hasan yet.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Phantom Pain controls would break the game entirely.

I just used that as a shorthand for modern controls, but at the very least it should have the crouch run that the 3DS port added.

The more I hear about this the more it sounds .. underwhelming.

Top Bottom