• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald: Silent Hill 2 was originally going to be remade by a small Konami team

Silent hill 4 was not bad, it is a good game... The problem is that there are hilarious moments that instead of being scary, make you laugh... The stunted movements or the cutscenes that are worthy of MEMES.
people have an issue with the backtraking and scort aspects of it. and I think how they handled the ghost that persue you. over the years, SH4 kinda became a cult classic

A Remake of Silent Hill 2, by ANY STUDIO, internal or not, is a failed attempt from the very start.

Silent Hill 2, is the definitive version of Silent Hill 2.

Resident Evil 2 on the other hand, while the original is still a fantastic game, there are things in it, that clearly are chugging at 40%.

The story, the writing and the voice acting. But the concepts and potential for something much greater are there.

Which the Remake of 2, TOTALLY, perfectly achieved.

You can't do that with Silent Hill 2. At least in my opinion.

Go_Ly_Dow

Every single game has outsourcing, but when you have games as loved as SH2, Resi 4, FF7 etc they should never outsource the bulk of development, especially the creative side of things to 3rd party groups. Even worse here considering it's a group outside of the fkin country where it originates from!

I spoke to a guy recently who worked at Konami during and after the Kojima fallout and transition away traditional games and he said they basically now have no internal development resources to take on big projects. They dun fucked.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
people have an issue with the backtraking and scort aspects of it. and I think how they handled the ghost that persue you. over the years, SH4 kinda became a cult classic

I will always remember this moment as the most ridiculous in voice acting... This scene is almost a Meme.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
James actually looks better, but I think people fail to understand that Konami's doesn't have the man power to make a big budget game anymore hence why they're recruiting.
They been inactive for nearly a decade.
I'm still shocked that both Masahiro Ito & Akira Yamaoka decided to return for this and other projects.
As much as people want to say Konami aren't serious about the series, that simple not true.
There's definitely a passion behind those that are working on this within Konami and as much as you guys hate Bloober, Silent Hill was the game The Medium reminded me of when playing it.
Not all of it but there was definitely parts of it that did so it's not surprising they choose them, at least to me.
And I don't have to worry about the story or writing because it's already done for them.
I hope as do I hope you guys too do
That Silent Hill 2 Remake prove us wrong and we get Silent Hill & Silent Hill 3 & 4.
And those other new SH Projects are actually good.
I don't know why anybody would not want this.
We know so little but have a lot say it seems.

SCB3

4 was a game that when it came out its was compared to the far superior 2 and 3, its not a bad game at all but out of the first 4 games, its the worst one

A Remake of Silent Hill 2, by ANY STUDIO, internal or not, is a failed attempt from the very start.

Silent Hill 2, is the definitive version of Silent Hill 2.

Resident Evil 2 on the other hand, while the original is still a fantastic game, there are things in it, that clearly are chugging at 40%.

The story, the writing and the voice acting. But the concepts and potential for something much greater are there.

Which the Remake of 2, TOTALLY, perfectly achieved.

You can't do that with Silent Hill 2. At least in my opinion.
Are you really implying that the story, voice acting and writing in Demake 2 are better than in the original? When they completely burned the A/B scenarios, removed character interactions between Leon and Claire, have the same character die multiple times in supposedly the same timeline, the awful modern writing with tons of unnecessary cursing, the cut content like enemies and entire sections of map, the complete lack of soul and atmosphere from so many areas of the game, the ruined horror elements of tyrant popping up randomly and instead getting turned into an annoyance that just kind of is always there. Fuck remakes, they nearly all suck ass. Only a select few are truly an improvement over the originals.

Puscifer

jajaja JP Silent Hill has these kind of weird things.

SH2

to me that kind of voice acting gave SH some kind of oneiric nature.

If you ever have the chance to be in Tokyo, Guy Cihi would have a pizza with you. It was surreal and I ended up having a great conversation about politics with him. 10/10 would recommend

Last edited:
If you ever have the chance to be in Tokyo, Guy Cihi would have a pizza with you. It was surreal and I ended up having a great conversation about politics with him. 10/10 would recommend
wow.

i remember hearing and interview from him. he changed my perception about SH2. he said that he was dealing with a nasty divorce at the same time he was making the game. that he sympathized with James dealing with constant recriminations .

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Heads up, DF talk about this and The Short Message in there latest Weekly Roundup

if you're expecting them to shit on them you're gonna be disappointed

Last edited:
Top Bottom