• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Margaret' Trailer - See What Matt Damon Looked Like In 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six years in the making and FINALLY coming out!

TRAILER (HD) (YouTube)

margaret_header.png

Director: Kenneth Lonergan (You Can Count On Me)
Cast: Anna Paquin, Matt Damon, Mark Ruffalo, J. Smith-Cameron, Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno

Synopsis:
MARGARET centers on a 17-year-old New York City high-school student who feels certain that she inadvertently played a role in a traffic accident that has claimed a woman's life. In her attempts to set things right she meets with opposition at every step. Torn apart with frustration, she begins emotionally brutalizing her family, her friends, her teachers, and most of all, herself. She has been confronted quite unexpectedly with a basic truth: that her youthful ideals are on a collision course against the realities and compromises of the adult world.

poster-xlarge.jpg

Margaret
hits theaters September 30th, 2011.

Takuan

Expendable. said:
Six years in the making and FINALLY coming out!

TRAILER (HD) (YouTube)

margaret_header.png

Director: Kenneth Lonergan (You Can Count On Me)
Cast: Anna Paquin, Matt Damon, Mark Ruffalo, J. Smith-Cameron, Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno

Synopsis:

poster-xlarge.jpg

Margaret
hits theaters September 30th, 2011.
Wow, that's an impressive cast. May check this one out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Expendable. said:
watch this if you haven't. his last film is excellent:

i5lzrb7r3r51rz7i.jpg

At first glance, this looked like Joseph Ruben's "The Good Son", even the kid on the right looked like Culkin :O

rezuth said:
Wait, what's this about six years?

It started shooting in late 2005.

the director was editing forever and didn't want to cut it down under three hours but Searchlight said they wouldn't release it over two hours. Martin Scorsese and others came in to help him shave it down.

Solo

Its funny that Affleck was getting plump in the past few years while Damon was lean. Now Damon is fat and Affleck got pretty ripped again.

Expendable. said:
It started shooting in late 2005.

the director was editing forever and didn't want to cut it down under three hours but Searchlight said they wouldn't release it over two hours. Martin Scorsese and others came in to help him shave it down.
Holy shit, that's kinda funny

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Although the trailer was good, it still feels strange seeing Anna Paquin in anything post-2008 that isn't True Blood.

_dementia said:
Holy shit, that's kinda funny

It could almost be a movie in and of itself. inceptionwtf.gif

Solo

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Look at Matt in Ultimatum. He had some weight on him back then. In Bourne 5 Jason will be obese.

He's definitely a lot slimmer in Identity and Supremacy. So 2005 must have been the birthdate of Fatt Damon.

I_D

Movie looks pretty good, and that's an insane cast.

Rogue looks good as well.

But the premise already annoys me.... clearly it's the driver's fault for not stopping, so she has no reason to even feel guilty.

Stumpokapow said:
At first glance, this looked like Joseph Ruben's "The Good Son", even the kid on the right looked like Culkin :O

That's because the kid on the right is Culkin
RORY CULKIN! (his brother)

Scullibundo said:
Damon really needs a hit. Has he been in anything good since The Departed?

Crossing my fingers for Contagion and Elysium.

I thought Bourne Ultimatum, The Informant!, True Grit and The Adjustment Bureau were all good-great. He just needed to drop Eastwood.

Solo

Scullibundo said:
Damon really needs a hit. Has he been in anything good since The Departed?

Nope. Much like his and Affleck's physiques seem to be inversely related, so do their careers. When Damon was becoming one of the biggest stars around in the 00s Affleck was wading in obscurity. Now Damon is doing a lot of mediocre stuff and Affleck is becoming the dopest actor/director since Robert Redford.

Expendable. said:
I thought Bourne Ultimatum, The Informant!, True Grit and The Adjustment Bureau were all good-great. He just needed to drop Eastwood.

The only really good movie mentioned there was Grit, in which he was a supporting character to the absolute minimum.

The Adjustment Bureau was terrible.

DMczaf said:
This is what Damon gets for turning down Harvey Dent in TDK.

Karma Police!

The shoot scheduling conflicts that stopped him from taking Avatar must really burn now.

Scullibundo said:
The only really good movie mentioned there was Grit, in which he was a supporting character to the absolute minimum.

The Adjustment Bureau was terrible.

The shoot scheduling conflicts that stopped him from taking Avatar must really burn now.

Terrible? No way. I also think The Informant! is his best performance, period. But I know I'm in the minority on that one too.

Scullibundo said:
The best thing about TAB was the trailer and that was only good because of Murphy's OST.

Even if you despised all the sci-fi/god elements, you can't deny Damon and Blunt's chemistry. Some of the best I've seen this year. Come on Sculli!

What about that comedy where damon was an undercover employee trying to out his corrupt employers?

I forgot the name but it was recent.

Expendable. said:
Even if you despised all the sci-fi/god elements, you can't deny Damon and Blunt's chemistry. Some of the best I've seen this year. Come on Sculli!

I despised the godawful writing. Everything was done so very poorly. And Damon has chemistry with everybody, so yes, I will admit that in this turd of a film, Damon had chemistry with Blunt.

The Hillary Swank - Boys Don't Cry vs Matt Damon - Courage Under Fire is... worrying.

Matt Damon, though, is my favorite young-ish actor. I fucking LOVE the Bourne Identity. Love it. And those other movies where he has sex with Robin Williams and stuff, yeah those are cool too.

The Albatross said:
The Hillary Swank - Boys Don't Cry vs Matt Damon - Courage Under Fire is... worrying.

Matt Damon, though, is my favorite young-ish actor. I fucking LOVE the Bourne Identity. Love it. And those other movies where he has sex with Robin Williams and stuff, yeah those are cool too.
Only if you found Hilary hot in Boys Don't Cry.

I didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom