• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Margaret' Trailer - See What Matt Damon Looked Like In 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokergrin said:
CDBCDEA3425E11E340145F6748B9F.jpg

183979-dante.jpg

Expendable. said:
Terrible? No way. I also think The Informant! is his best performance, period. But I know I'm in the minority on that one too.

The Informant! was a great film and shows how versatile Damon can be. Though I still believe DiCaprio is still the best actor in Hollywood right now.

At least Damon wasn't in Cowboys and Aliens. =\

welp, we saw it!

[Review] Margaret

Kenneth Lonergan‘s Margaret feels both incomplete and uncut. What lives on the screen arrives like the bullet points of a much larger, much grander, impossibly longer version of the same basic story: a pseudo-intellectual teenage girl whose life, full of adolescent semi-dramas, is turned upside down when she witnesses/causes a tragic bus accident that takes a life. In the aftermath of the incident, she makes a mistake she’ll spend the rest of the film trying to reconcile. With everyone. The bus driver (Mark Ruffalo); her mother (J. Smith-Cameron); her amiably neglectful father (Lonergan); the victim’s best friend Emily (Jeannie Berlin); her young, attractive private school teacher (Matt Damon) and so on and so on.

B+

I saw it for myself today and really liked it. Agreed with my writer above. It is just full of honest, natural moments. It is definitely scattered and the feeling that it has been heavily edited down, but the first hour is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom