• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur V's Director Feels Namco Is Rushing The Game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, this is surprisingly blunt.

soulcaliburvr8mv.png

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/Daishi_CALIBUR/status/113186440694865920 [VIA]

Note:

Since people seem to be wondering, the team that made Soul Calibur IV was disbanded after the project and didn't get put back together until last year to make this game, so it hasn't been in development for 3+ years.

DonMigs85

Is there anything Bamco doesn't rush nowadays?
Anyway spread that pic around, especially to fan sites and such.

Grisby

Need more bewbz time.

Okay, now that I've got that incredibly immature comment out of the way this is a candid response from the developer. Nice to see.

Foffy

Banned
Makes sense...isn't Namco announcing another Tales game soon, too? I thought Xillia came out 4 days ago.

V_Ben

Banned
It's the "I'm nothing more than a salaryman :(" that really gets me. Namco just doesn't care what he thinks, they want a Soul Calibur game out ASAP. :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this guy is about to learn that, actually, a whole ton of people read what you write on the Internet.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gamer @ Heart said:
The patch generation!

That said, if i where management, i wouldnt want a fighting game cooking for 4 years either.
I don't think this game actually started until last year.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Gamer @ Heart said:
The patch generation!

That said, if i where management, i wouldnt want a fighting game cooking for 4 years either.
He had been trying to take fan feedback on what they wanted the characters to play like. Apparently Namco's community involvement = getting twitter followers then calling it good.

Frankfurt

Banned
Well, the game was looking even more mediocre than SC3 and 4, which is saying something...

Still the most baffling drop in quality in the history of fighting games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pai Pai Master said:
How do they take this long to put out a sequel and still manage to rush it? They might as well have released this 2 or 3 years ago.
I don't think they started the project until 2010.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Pai Pai Master said:
How do they take this long to put out a sequel and still manage to rush it? They might as well have released this 2 or 3 years ago.
Wasn't in development 2-3 years ago.

onQ123

I feel like all these fighting games are being rushed nowadays, before you can even get into one there is another one coming out so I just haven't bought any lately.

GhaleonQ

This sounds like normal pressure. Every time an important project in any industry comes to be in a company that lacks a substantial war chest, there's a balance between time and quality that needs to be struck.

That said, knowing Namco, I wouldn't be surprised if this is less "pressure to focus" and more "rush to flush their coffers with D.L.C. money." As a big fan, formerly a huge fan, I hope it's really good.

might want to put this in more context before it gets spread around:

This came in a series of tweets where he was answering questions from the fans(although he didn't respond directly to the questions, so we don't know what the question was)

The next tweet that came after this was about having to cut a feature because they weren't able to tune it correctly.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
might want to put this in more context before it gets spread around:

This came in a series of tweets where he was answering questions from the fans(although he didn't respond directly to the questions, so we don't know what the question was)

The next tweet that came after this was about having to cut a feature because they weren't able to tune it correctly.
If it was the block at the right time, and erase block stun feature. Good.

Top Bottom