• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waitress receives a tip instead of.. a tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
UVjTh.jpg

Source: Is the public shaming of a rude customer appropriate?

A waitress in Seattle who received a sassy message on her receipt unleashed the full fury of the internet on the guilty party.

Victoria Liss picked up a cheque while working at Bimbo's Cantina with a big, fat zero written in the "tip" section. Below it was the message, "P.S. you could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds."

Liss posted the photo on Facebook, where it won gratuitous attention on Jezebel and other news sites, including The Globe and Mail and Savage Love columnist Dan Savage. In a not-safe-for-work interview with The Stranger, Liss recalled that the customer and his female companion were a difficult duo, and that he emptied the restaurant's tip bottle into his pocket on the way out.

She suggested in the interview that in a social media-connected world, it probably isn't a good idea to pay the waiter or waitress you berated with your credit card.

Friends and fellow bartenders of Liss identified the perp's full name, Andrew Meyer, and posted his phone number, Facebook profile, and profile picture all on the publicly-posted photo and discussion thread.

In the following days Liss received a number of emails, some of them from other people with the name Andrew Meyer who were understandably worried about the attention they received as a result.

And if you empty the tip jar on your way out, doesn't that make this guy a thief? Sounds like a public shaming is at least what he deserves.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
"and that he emptied the restaurant's tip bottle into his pocket on the way out."

lol what?

Grinchy

Banned
I don't like the idea of giving out someone's personal info like this but I'm so glad it happened to this piece of shit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
sfedai0 said:
Total douche but let see how long this thread lasts before it spirals in to a tip thread.

You mean you'd actually give a tip for horrific service? DO I TIP MY PIZZA DELIVERY GUY EVEN THOUGH THERE'S A DELIVERY CHARGE? Y U SO CHEAP Bhlalalalala. Okay, it's covered.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
gutter_trash said:
at least the dick has been identified and is now fair game to get dicked

She actually posted a photo of the WRONG guy for days. Who got a shit ton of hater email.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Not at all stealth tipping thread.

Also yes, this is appropriate. We're living in a society here.

JCX

What I want to know is if she is only posting this because the angry customer was circumcised .

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Phonomezer said:
Ahh. I was picturing some kind of 'Hooters' establishment.
For all I know, it might be - I don't think the Seattle one in the OP is related to the SF one.

Guevara

Victoria Liss picked up a cheque while working at Bimbo's Cantina with a big, fat zero written in the "tip" section. Below it was the message, "P.S. you could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds."
I bet she felt like a big, fat zero.

I hate to be THAT guy, but have any of you ever had to deal with an incredibly rude/disrespectful waiter/waitress before? It's infuriating. if that's what this is about, I completely understand. If it's not, then the guy is a jerk.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Even if she was terrible, it doesn't give him the right to steal from the tip jar. Seriously?

Wallach

Ghost_Protocol said:
I hate to be THAT guy, but have any of you ever had to deal with an incredibly rude/disrespectful waiter/waitress before? It's infuriating. if that's what this is about, I completely understand. If it's not, then the guy is a jerk.

Yeah. I didn't tip them.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Started a rage campaign against the wrong guy? Well, don't know about her weight, but the bimbo part sticks.

Grinchy

Banned
Ghost_Protocol said:
Yeah but I wouldn't write a fat joke on the receipt or steal the money from the tip jar on the way out (if that really happened)

ToxicAdam

Guy was probably a douchebag, but I have tipped 0 dollars a few times before. It's usually because a waitress disappears after serving the meal and never refills the water/drinks or makes me wait 20 minutes after I am done eating to deliver my bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom