• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central 2 |OT| Electric Boogaloo

gamerx

8lYER.png

Info:
DEVELOPER: HARMONIX
PUBLISHER: MICROSOFT STUDIOS
GENRE: MUSIC, DANCE
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 25, 2011

Dance Central 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the first controller-free, body-tracking, fully immersive dance video game, available exclusively on Kinect for Xbox 360. Dance Central 2 expands on the wildly addictive Dance Central experience, introducing new features and improved modes sure to get any party started.
Pre-order Dance Central 2 and get 400 free Microsoft points! Use these Points to import songs and routines from the original Dance Central into your Dance Central 2 Music Library.

FEATURES:

• MULTI-PLAYER BATTLES!
    Dance Central 2 brings a new focus to multiplayer, enabling 2 dancers to team up and dance collaboratively, or go head to head in a simultaneous Dance Battle, so get ready to tear that carpet up alongside your friends! Perform It! in Dance Central 2 will even feature DropIn/DropOut functionality, which will keep the party bumping and let players swap in and out with ease.
    tmQP3l.jpg
  • JOIN A CREW!
    Dance Central 2 also expands the Dance Central universe with new venues, characters and game modes. Players will meet new “dance crews” and be able to team up with their friends or challenge them to a head-to-head Dance Battle, proving once and for all who really has the best moves!
    RpnIql.jpg
  • IMPORT SONGS!
    Fans will be able to import songs from the original Dance Central disc and add-on content for the game into their Dance Central 2 Music Library, with access to more than 100 songs will be available at launch! Dance Central 2 will feature an unparalleled on-disc soundtrack, letting players add to their ever-growing DC Music Library of add-on content. Dance Central 2 features an unparalleled soundtrack of new dance hits and booty-shaking classics.
  • BREAK IT DOWN MODE!
    The mode that got less experienced dancers up to speed with the routines in Dance Central, now brings rehearsal center stage. Break it Down affords even more control to the player, allowing them to master all of the authentic choreography, even the trickiest moves, in Dance Central 2.
    y9QgJl.jpg

• LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD
    You can now use the Voice Commander to select song, mode and difficulty in the song select screen, pause your game during a dance session and have ultimate control over rehearsals in Break It Down!
  • SHARE YOUR PERFORMANCE
    Using the power of Kinect Share, you can export your favorite frozen moments from performances with simple 1-button uploading to Twitter and Facebook! Photos will show you surrounded by the in-game ribbons and spotlight, along with the name of the song, score, and difficulty for posterity (and bragging rights).
    KRfgol.jpg
Characters & Crews:

Riptide
xfFpL.jpg

Emilia and Bodie

Hi-Def
xUROM.jpg

Mo and Glitch

Flash4wrd
uvCRx.jpg

Taye and Li'l T

Lu$h Crew
64IhX.jpg

Angel and Miss Aubrey

The Glitterati is composed of twin brother-and-sister.
zG6gQ.jpg

Kerith and Jaryn.

SONG LIST by difficulty:
thanks to xion4360

Level 1
Sandstorm – Darude
Mai Ai Hee (Dragostea Din Tea) – O-Zone
Reach – Atlantic Connection And Armanni Reign
Real Love – Mary J. Blige

Level 2
Venus – Bananarama
Bulletproof – La Roux
Turn Me On – Kevin Lyttle
Last Night – P. Diddy feat. Keyshia Cole
The Humpty Dance – Digital Underground
Impacto (Remix) – Daddy Yankee feat. Fergie
This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
The Breaks – Kurtis Blow

Level 3
Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
Body to Body – Electric Valentine
Fire Burning – Sean Kingston
You’re A Jerk – New Boyz
Oops (Oh My) – Tweet feat. Missy Elliot
Right Thurr – Chingy
Rude Boy – Rihanna
Nothin’ On You – B.O.B feat. Bruno Mars
Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
I Like It – Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull

Level 4
Massive Attack – Nikki Minaj feat. Sean Garrett
My Prerogative – Bobby Brown
Grenade – Bruno Mars
I Wish For You – Exile
Meddle – Little Boots
Goodies – Ciara

Level 5
Born This Way – Lady Gaga
Whip My Hair – Willow Smith
Conceited (There’s Something About Remy) – Remy Ma
What Is Love? – Haddaway
Like A G6 – Far East Movement
Yeah! – Usher feat. Lil’ Jon & Ludacris
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love – Usher feat. Pitbull

Level 6
Run (Natural Disaster) – Gnarls Barkley
Baby Got Back (Mix Mix) – Sir Mix-A-Lot
Technologic – Daft Punk
Somebody To Love – Justin Bieber

Level 7
Satellite – Lena
Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliot
Toxic – As made famous by Britney Spears
Sexy Chick – David Guetta feat. Akon

Media:
Dance Central 2 TV Commercial
Meet the Glitterati Trailer
Turbo Cinematic Trailer
GiantBomb Quick Look EX

Reviews
:
1Up A http://www.1up.com/reviews/dance-central-2-xbox360

IGN 9 http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/120/1200114p1.html

Gamesradar 9 http://www.gamesradar.com/dance-central-2-review/

Gametrailers 8.3 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...entral/722355?

OXM 9.5 http://www.oxmonline.com/dance-central-2-review

G4 5/5 http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6...tral-2/review/

Gaming Trend 95 http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/...tral-2-review/

Videogamer 8 http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/da..._2/review.html

Edge 8 http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/dance-central-2-review

Chairhome

Getting this! Don't know when my copy is coming in from newegg, but add my gamertag: Chairhome81. Just for score comparisons cause I don't have Gold right now.

Dabanton

Demo? Damm i'm out of the house can't wait to grab that later. As for the game, day one etc.

MS must be very happy. All of it's autumn exclusives have grabbed some very good scores

Gears 3
Forza 4
And now Dance Central, Kinect Sports 2 next?

It really does look like a worthy sequel and the first game was great, but I just didn't play it hardly at all. I want this one but can't justify it to myself.

venne

After you import the tracks from the first game, do you need to keep it for any reason?

I'd love to give it to my niece.

Nice! Haven't got a Kinect game since last year when I got the system for Christmas (I know I'm part of the problem and need to go get CoE and Gunstringer), but I'll be picking this up for sure. Glad they fixed a lot of the problems with Break It Down mode.

nickcv

i loved the first one but i'm not too sure about picking this up after just dance 3...

i love that this tracks in a precise way your body, but just dance choreographies are more interesting...

do we have duos in this game? i'm talking about two different routines for the two players.

Chairhome

Thanks. Wife loves Bulletproof so she'll like that. With my luck though... demo is Gold subs only, huh? Kind of regretting that I have to wait a few extra days to get the game from Newegg, but getting it for less than $40 is nice.

EagleEyes

Got this preordered and paid off. Microsoft owns me this holiday lol. I've bought Gears 3, Forza 4, Speed Wheel, Dance Central 2 and buying Kinect sports 2 and Halo Anniversary. Dayum

Mr. Robot

I love music games, and this should be great since it adresses DC1 biggest problem, the multiplayer aspect....

Still hate the characters though.

Chairhome

Downloaded the demo last night and wow, its great! Bulletproof was waaaaay too girly. I like the song, but not the version they used, and the moves were a little much, and this is from me who had no problem playing Dip it Low in DC1, haha. I also hate the song, "club can't handle me" but playing it was great. My wife and I just jumped into that one on Hard without doing Break It Down and were able to 5 star it :p. A little repetitive but a lot of fun.

I can't wait to get this game next week!

Nemesis_

Pretty excited for this now. Only two more days!

Also excited to see TWO MORE Gaga songs on top of the two that were featured in Dance Central.

I also kind of hope the DLC comes a little bit faster.

S1kkZ

Chairhome said:
Bulletproof was waaaaay too girly. I like the song, but not the version they used, and the moves were a little much, and this is from me who had no problem playing Dip it Low in DC1, haha.
i heard from some people (that played/reviewed the final version) that this is a "problem" with a lot of the dance moves this time.

I need to pre-order this at Best Buy since I have a $10 reward cert. $39.99 and 400 free points to import all the DC1 tracks seems like a steal.

i really enjoyed the demo. not sure if i can pick this up next week, but i'm going to be very tempted. voice navigation in the menus is really slick... seems like a good variety of new moves too.

Gav

It arrived today (1 day late), and me and the GF have just been playing it.

Lots of fun. Easy mode seems to be a little more forgiving compared to DC1, which is good for me! Dance Battle mode is ace - racing each other to get the moves done is awesome.

Will be importing the DC1 songs soon!

Pachimari

Received the review copy earlier today, and I'm excited - this is my most anticipated game this year after Uncharted 3. Installing the game right now, oh and 240 Microsoft Points came with the game. =)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, I still havent finished through Dance Central 1, lol. And I dont want to do song transfers and get rid of it because I'm an achievement whore.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DLC sale.

CELEBRATE KINECT’S FIRST ANNIVERSARY WITH DISCOUNTED DANCE CENTRAL DLC

Monday, October 24th, 2011

Now through Saturday, Nov. 5, Dance Central celebrates the launch of Dance Central 2 and Kinect for Xbox 360’s first anniversary with deep discounts on its entire downloadable catalog. All songs in the Dance Central library not included on the original game disc will be discounted, including a wide range of artists including Missy Elliott, Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas, Trey Songz, Gwen Stefani, Janet Jackson and Sean Paul.

Various packages are available starting at just 480 Microsoft Points and contain between three and 15 tracks available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. There are seven total song packs as part of the sale, plus two “marathon” bundles that include fourteen and fifteen songs, respectively.

These songs are the perfect warm up for the Tuesday, Oct. 25, launch of Dance Central 2 with the full catalog of downloadable content fully compatible with Dance Central 2! Additionally, Dance Central 2 lets you take advantage of the sequel’s new features with your original Dance Central songs, including simultaneous multiplayer, revamped Break It Down, voice commands, and more!

Harmonix’s original Dance Central was one of the top selling games for Kinect and set the bar as the first dance video game to harness the power of Kinect, tracking full-body dance moves and teaching professionally-choreographed routines to all players regardless of skill level. Dance Central 2 raises that bar with simultaneous multiplayer allowing two players to play at the same time, revamped Dance Battle and a new Free-4-All scoring mechanic, voice commands, a redesigned Break It Down mode and an unbeatable soundtrack featuring artists like Usher, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Daft Punk, Montell Jordan, and more.

Please see below for full details!

DANCE CENTRAL KINECT ANNIVERSARY SALE: 10/23 – 11/5

Dance Pack 01 – 640 Microsoft Points (640 MS Points in savings!)

Lady Sovereign – “I Got You Dancing”
Missy Elliott – “We Run This”
Keri Hilson – “Turnin’ Me On”
Amerie – “Heard ‘Em All”

Dance Pack 02 – 640 Microsoft Points (800 MS Points in savings!)

Rihanna – “Disturbia”
Janet Jackson – “Control”
Gwen Stefani – “Hollaback Girl”
Paula Abdul – “Straight Up”

Dance Pack 03 – 640 Microsoft Points (640 MS Points in savings!)

Sean Paul – “Temperature”
Ne-Yo – “Because of You”
Tag Team – “Whoomp! (There It Is)”
Cameo – “Word Up!”

Dance Pack 04 – 620 Microsoft Points (340 MS Points in savings!)

Blur – “Girls & Boys”
Rick James – “Super Freak”
Chic – “Le Freak”
Fatboy Slim – “Weapon of Choice”

Dance Pack 05 – 480 Microsoft Points (240 MS Points in savings!)

Dem Franchize Boyz (feat. Peanut and Charlay) – “Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It”
N.E.R.D. (featuring Lee Harvey and Vita) – “Lapdance”
Tone Lōc – “Wild Thing”

Dance Pack 06 – 960 Microsoft Points (480 MS Points in savings!)

Fergie ft. will.i.am – “Fergalicious”
James Brown – “Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine, Pt. 1″
Lloyd – “Get It Shawty”
Taio Cruz – “Break Your Heart”
The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes – “Don’t Cha”
Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson and D.O.E.- “The Way I Are”

Dance Pack 07 – 960 Microsoft Points (480 MS Points in savings!)

Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force – “Planet Rock (Original 12″ Version)”
Justice – “D.A.N.C.E.”
Rupee – “Tempted to Touch”
Sean Paul – “Get Busy”
Snow – “Informer”
Trey Songz (featuring Fabolous) – “Say Aah”

Marathon Pack 01 – 1400 Microsoft Points (1960 MS Points in savings!)

Lady Sovereign – “I Got You Dancing”
Ne-Yo – “Because of You”
The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
Cameo – “Word Up!”
Tag Team – “Whoomp! (There It Is)”
Blur – “Girls & Boys”
Janet Jackson – “Control”
Rihanna – “Disturbia”
Amerie – “Heard ‘Em All”
Rick James – “Super Freak”
Fatboy Slim – “Weapon of Choice”
Gwen Stefani – “Hollaback Girl”
Keri Hilson – “Turnin’ Me On”
Paula Abdul – “Straight Up”

Marathon Pack 02 – 1500 Microsoft Points (2100 MS Points in savings!)

Tone Lōc – “Wild Thing”
Dem Franchize Boyz (feat. Peanut and Charlay) – “Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It”
N.E.R.D. (featuring Lee Harvey and Vita) – “Lapdance”
Fergie ft. will.i.am – “Fergalicious”
James Brown – “Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine, Pt. 1″
Lloyd – “Get It Shawty”
The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes – “Don’t Cha”
Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson and D.O.E. – “The Way I Are”
Taio Cruz – “Break Your Heart”
Justice – “D.A.N.C.E.”
Snow – “Informer”
Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force – “Planet Rock (Original 12” Versoin)”
Sean Paul – “Get Busy”
Rupee – “Tempted to Touch”
Trey Songz (featuring Fabolous) – “Say Aah”

Single – 160 Microsoft Points (80 MS Points in savings!)

The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”

Top Bottom