• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault |OT| A Disgusting Journey

bI3Gu.jpg

eS767.jpg

What is Nano Assault?

Nano Assault is a combination top down and third person shmup. Incorporating elements from Shin'en's older games, Nano Assault is a tribute to both modern and classic shooters.

Features

When does Nano Assault release?

NA: December 6th
EU: March 16th

Price

$19.99 USD at most retailers.

Screenshots

a2cx3.jpg
eSH22.jpg
FMU0E.jpg
WYdAm.jpg

Videos

Trailer
E3 Preview (Off Screen)

Reviews

Nintendo Power - 7/10
Modojo - 4/5
GamesRadar - 6/10
Tech-Gaming - B-
Nintendo World Report - 8.5
DieHardGaming - Enjoyable Game

I don't think anyone else had called this OT, so I decided to make it my first.
Sorry if it sucks, I'll try and fix it up later.

Nano Assault will make a fine Christmas present for my one buddy with a 3DS.

Day one for me.

Edit: Shinen am hardware gods?
Edit2: 32 levels is pretty beefy for a shooter, no?

Linkup

Finally a properly priced 3DS game. Definitely will pick it up when it's $15 in the bargain bin or $10 on the eShop. Yeah I said it, but I did enjoy Nanostray 2 for what it was.

Glix

Finally a properly priced 3DS game. Definitely will pick it up when it's $15 in the bargain bin or $10 on the eShop. Yeah I said it, but I did enjoy Nanostray 2 for what it was.

This might be the most asinine post ever.

Finally its properly priced!!! Now I'll wait till its on clearance!!

Do some of you even think?

Had this pre-ordered on Amazon for a while now; can't wait to be able to finally try it out in a few days and see what Shin'en was able to squeeze out from the 3DS.

From the OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGkYxVNuXtU

Have not seen that trailer before. That gives me a Sin and Punishment 2 vibe for some reason, and I like it a lot.

I was unsure about getting this game, because while I do love them, I tend to find Shin'en's games very pretty but fairly mediocre, but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

With each shooter they make, they get better.
This being their 5th, it should be pretty good.

Ah, I still remember getting Iridion 3D at the GBA launch.

Ken

Incorporating elements from Shin'en's older games, Nano Assault is a tribute to both modern and classic shooters.

I was wondering why it looked so much like Iridion 3D. Might have to pick this up one day since I enjoyed Iridion.

MooMoo

I've had this preordered for a while, so I can't wait to play this game! To be honest, I was looking forward to this game moreso than Mario 3D Land (although that turned out to be an excellent game nonetheless). Interested to see how Shin'en pumps out those 3D graphics.

This game has always looked so rad.

I actually hope it's a bit easier than some of their previous ones, and it sort of looks that way with the more free-roaming setup. The more accessible, the better.

This game has always looked so rad.

I actually hope it's a bit easier than some of their previous ones, and it sort of looks that way with the more free-roaming setup. The more accessible, the better.

Well, it'll adjust difficulty based on how you do.
The better you play, the harder it becomes.
But if you fail at the game, it'll get easier.

I wish more games adopted this difficulty adjustment style. God Hand was excellent because of this.

What's interesting is another upcoming 3DS game will be doing this as well.
Heroes of Ruin.
So much so, that it'll adjust difficulty not only on how you play, but how many people are playing, on the fly.

MooMoo

So, was this delayed or not?
It was originally scheduled for a 11/22 release and got delayed to 12/1, for NA at the very least. Not really sure why it was delayed in the first place, but hopefully it doesn't get delayed even further.

Edit: rwar, beaten :p

emb

It gets easier if I'm bad at it? I don't like that. Is there a way to turn that off?

I guess that's what I get for being a terrible player, even if I still enjoy the challenge. :shame:

It gets easier if I'm bad at it? I don't like that. Is there a way to turn that off?

I guess that's what I get for being a terrible player, even if I still enjoy the challenge. :shame:

Well, better than the alternative (it getting harder the worse you are).
Scaling difficulty allows for you to improve on the go.

Gamefly is listing this for a Dec. 6 release, along with Majesco's other two remaining Q4 3DS titles (Face Racers and Jaws Unleashed). The odds that all three titles are actually going to be released on the same day are not high.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks awesome, good price. But there's way too much on my plate to pick this up right now. Maybe after Christmas if impressions are positive.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Wow, that video is incredible. I hadn't even known about this game and I want it now. I was just scouring the internet for 3d screenshots, but no dice. I really wish more companies would put 3d trailers and screenshots on the e-shop.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm 90% sure this is coming on the 6th, not the 1st.

Looks far prettier than it ought to, probably won't be particularly interesting gameplay-wise. Typical Shin'en.

I'm 90% sure this is coming on the 6th, not the 1st.

Looks far prettier than it ought to, probably won't be particularly interesting gameplay-wise. Typical Shin'en.

I've thoroughly enjoyed their other games. I must have played Iridion 3D a few dozen times and Nano Stray 1 almost the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really want to play it. But I've stopped myself from buying games until I have time to play them.... But I'm scared this might sell out.. Oh I don't know.

Either way, it'll be better than Star Fox 3D

Famassu

3DS being region-locked makes me SO happy, when even European made games don't have a release date by the time they are released elsewhere in the world.

Love U Nintendo & your Wise-Beyond-Words ideology behind locking dat shit up. <3

Shiggy

3DS being region-locked makes me SO happy, when even European made games don't have a release date by the time they are released elsewhere in the world.

Love U Nintendo & your Wise-Beyond-Words ideology behind locking dat shit up. <3

It's actually a pretty smart decision. If Europeans see this game they'll wonder why that crap of other publishers looks much worse, then they won't play those anymore.

PokéKong

It reminds me of Super Stardust HD but with actually interesting planets/plenetoid things. And does anyone else get a big demoscene vibe from this?

Celine

Here another vote for the proposed title change.

PokéKong;33068861 said:
It reminds me of Super Stardust HD but with actually interesting planets/plenetoid things. And does anyone else get a big demoscene vibe from this?
It is because Shin en origins are from demoscene.
Same is true for other developers.

ilMikhail

30 bucks ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Day one , love the last game , Mario Kart , 3DLand , Starfox and Nano Assault , great first year 3DS :)

Top Bottom