• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 |OT| - The Wizard, Knight, and Rogue Adventure Once More

Volcynika

udcjE.gif

Basic Info

Genre: Side-scrolling Platformer/Puzzler
Publisher: Atlus USA
Developer: Frozenbyte
Release Dates: PC/Mac - 12/7/2011 (Preorder on Steam) | XBLA - 12/21/2011 | NA PSN - 12/20/2011 | EU PSN - TBD | Linux - TBD 2012
Modes - Single Player | 1-3 Player Multiplayer Co-Op (Online and Offline)

Features

• Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
  • Online and local co-op for up to three players
  • Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like
  • Unlimited Character and Game+ modes add to additional replay value
  • Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers
  • Hidden collectibles extend the length of your adventure
  • Fun and challenging Achievements to unlock
  • Soundtrack composed by the acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen

Videos

Teaser Trailer
Alluring Adventure Trailer
Co-Op Adventure Trailer
Early Gameplay Trailer
Vibes Trailer

Images

Reviews

-To be added as they arrive-

(I apologize, the OT was a bit hastily done since I was surprised by the release date)

Volcynika

Uh, the XBLA release date looks wrong to me

Their Twitter said the 21st.

"More accurate: #Trine2 release PC/Mac Dec 7, XBLA Dec 21, North American PSN on Dec 20, and European PSN TBD (more info as we get it!)."

EDIT: Ok, saw your updated post.

Skilletor

This comes out tomorrow on Steam? OH MAN!!!

How does the pre-load thing work? Will it automagically dl and be ready to play when I get home?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I hope steam doesn't screw me on this. I preordered it, have the beta installed but there is no "Trine 2 Preorder" in my library and if I go to the store page to buy it "Purchase for myself" isn't greyed out.

Volcynika

Man I hope steam doesn't screw me on this. I preordered it, have the beta installed but there is no "Trine 2 Preorder" in my library and if I go to the store page to buy it "Purchase for myself" isn't greyed out.

Yeah, same here. That's kinda weird.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I hear that the wizard had a certain reputation with the ladies...

Bebpo

Banned
Trine 1 is probably my favorite downloadable game this gen. And that was entirely 1p. Gorgeous visuals, great voice acting & music, really fun physics gameplay. Extremely satisfying game.

I just hope the 1p isn't going to get damaged by more of a focus on coop this time.

Bebpo

Banned
Ah, what the heck. Bought it. I got far more than my money's worth when I picked up the first one at a $5 sale. Don't mind paying full price on this even though it'll be at least $5 cheaper in 3 weeks.

I'd like to play co-op with some of you guys if possible. Steam nick: bebpo

Got as far as Bramblestoke Village in the first one before giving up. Thought the gameplay was kinda boring tbh. Hope the gameplay in this one is better.

Skilletor

Got as far as Bramblestoke Village in the first one before giving up. Thought the gameplay was kinda boring tbh. Hope the gameplay in this one is better.

Feels pretty much exactly the same. If people didn't like the first one, I doubt this will change anybody's mind.

Voidguts

just bought this on steam. does anyone know if you can mix/match online and offline coop? i.e. me and a friend playing on my computer (keyboard/m, 360 controller) and an online friend?

SparkTR

Feels pretty much exactly the same. If people didn't like the first one, I doubt this will change anybody's mind.
They've added variation to the puzzles and the combat encounters judging by the beta and previews. If someone liked the premise of the original but were put off by the repetition they may want to at least check reviews out.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff. I played the Trine 1 demo and loved it, but I never got around to playing the full game. Maybe I'll pick this up. Is there a consensus on whether it looks/plays better on 360 or PS3? I have both so need to decide which version to go with.

SparkTR

Good stuff. I played the Trine 1 demo and loved it, but I never got around to playing the full game. Maybe I'll pick this up. Is there a consensus on whether it looks/plays better on 360 or PS3? I have both so need to decide which version to go with.
I don't think anybody has seen either console version yet, they release on the 20th of Dec so I imagine between the PC release and then we'll be seeing a demo go up.

Labadal

My favorite downloadable game this generation was Trine. Was really fun alone, but the game really started to shine in multiplayer (PS3 3 player local co-op). The most fun I have had with a game, ever. We were laughing and insulting eachother during the entire campaign. Not sure wich version to get this time around. PC version is only interesting if there is someone to play with. Not a game I want to play on my own considering how much fun I had with the first game.

Ironmask

pre-ordered it the first day it was available on steam, just for the name Trine in it and the jollygood time i've spent with the first one.
I'll not touch the multiplayer part till i've finished the singleplayer portion, hope to do the right thing.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
My favorite downloadable game this generation was Trine. Was really fun alone, but the game really started to shine in multiplayer (PS3 3 player local co-op). The most fun I have had with a game, ever. We were laughing and insulting eachother during the entire campaign. Not sure wich version to get this time around. PC version is only interesting if there is someone to play with. Not a game I want to play on my own considering how much fun I had with the first game.

Doesn't the Pc version have same-screen 3p co-op like the console version?

Firebrand

To be honest I found the demo of the first one rather dull, but co-op makes everything better so I'm tempted to pick this one up.
I want the TF2 hats

EDIT: Bought.

Adamm

Whao! Didnt even know this was coming out. Awesome!

Love the first one, will buy this as soon as its out on EU PSN (Hurry up!)

Firebrand

By the way, saw this over at the Steam forums:

That's exactly why it's not strange - we specifically did not want to release during the holiday sale, because the game would get buried pretty bad. So we compromised on the release dates (original plan was to have all versions out the same time, but of course console certification is what it is), and will now release the game in a reasonably good period, all things considered.

Trine 2 will not be on sale during the Steam holiday sale. We have some behind-the-scenes reasons for that related to consoles and fair pricing and such, and on top of that we don't really agree with this new mentality of going 75% off a few weeks after release, it's just a bit too much in my opinion (though we're certainly not against big sales in general). Trine 2 will probably follow a very different trend sale-wise than many other recent games, and we sort of hope that pays off in the long term. I guess we'll see.

And thanks everyone for the comments, glad to hear you are looking forward to the game. I hope it meets and exceeds your expectations.

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=25358

Might be good to know if you're deciding between pre-order items or waiting for a discount. Wouldn't be too surprised to see it an indie bundle eventually though.

I don't think anybody has seen either console version yet, they release on the 20th of Dec so I imagine between the PC release and then we'll be seeing a demo go up.

I own Trine 1 for PS3 and played Trine 2 at Gamescom in Germany. I must say that the 360 version looked very sharp to me ( thought it looked "better" than the PS3 version, although the colors of the PS3 version looked better to me. Could have been the displays though, they seemed almost too sharp and were awfully calibrated ).

Dunno which version to get. More friends on 360 but maybe the 100% gamesave on my PS3 unlocks some things for part 2.

Had no idea this was coming out tomorrow, I'm all preordered though. I just can't fucking wait for this one. The beta was great!

Salaadin

This is out in 5 hours? What the hell.
*preorders*

I beat the first game maybe 1 month ago and thought it was amazing. I cant wait.

Top Bottom