• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BangaiO, Radiant Silvergun, Guwange, Hard Corps 50% off this week (US Gold XBL

All good shmups!

Only two of those games are shmups.

Bangai-O - Not worth it.
Guwange - Worth it.
Hard Corps - Worth it at full price, great deal here.
Silvergun - Worth it at the discounted price.

Note: I own all four games and bought them at full price, FYI. I've got the 3 XBL exclusives and HC:U I have on PSN.

*sigh*

Oh well, I have £23 on my GAME loyalty card and I spose this cements yesterdays notion that I might spend some of it on MS points.

Dammit!

Between Guwange and Radiant Silvergun, what do people suggest going for? I'm a fan of Treasure and Ikaruga, but I've heard a lot of good things about Guwange.

Can some one tell me why none of these Treasures properties--Ikaruga, Bangai-o, Radiant Silvergun, and Guardian Heroes ever appeared on PSN?

Is it because:

a)Treasure hates Sony for snubbing Radiant Silvergun in the PS1/Saturn days?

b)MS money hatted these as exclusives?

c)Sony's snob attitude toward 2D titles?

thanks.

LiK

Can some one tell me why none of these Treasures properties--Ikaruga, Bangai-o, Radiant Silvergun, and Guardian Heroes ever appeared on PSN?

Is it because:

thanks.
Harder to port from what I read.

Tain

Uprising is so good. It's the best of these games. Don't not own it.

voodoopanda said:
Between Guwange and Radiant Silvergun, what do people suggest going for? I'm a fan of Treasure and Ikaruga, but I've heard a lot of good things about Guwange.

I'm not crazy about either game, but I'd probably go with Guwange if only due to Silvergun's required scoring system being lame.

If you want something a little more casual, though, Silvergun's Saturn mode might work for you.

Phonomezer said:
Hard Corps is hard. Prepare for the worlds shittiest checkpoints!

Uprising is hard for sure, but the only problem with the checkpoint placement is the unskippable mini-cutscenes. Final boss checkpoint was great.

GAF's iconoclast got the arcade mode one life clear achievement in this game, god damn.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's

Is it because:

thanks.
None of the above.

I never see people bitch and moan whenever there are PSN+ exclusive sales (and there are every month).
Yeah, those are generally praised. *shrug*

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I already own HC and Guwange, and will definitely purchase Radiant Silvergun tonight. Why should I or should I not purchase Bangai-O? I love the DC game and thought the DS game was okay. Is this drastically different?

Tain

I already own HC and Guwange, and will definitely purchase Radiant Silvergun tonight. Why should I or should I not purchase Bangai-O? I love the DC game and thought the DS game was okay. Is this drastically different?

It's far closer to the DS game in that it feels like the editor and all the enemies were made first, and then the stages were made after. Like a giant bucket of unsorted and unfocused stages, basically.

I couldn't get into it when it came out. Might go back to it, but I'd probably rather play a ton of other 2D action games.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Is there any connection between the Treasure shumps and Cave shumps both not being on PSN?

I was wondering if there was a similar reason behind that.
Glorious Sony told Cave to fuck off with their shitty 2D games, so they went to Xbox and basically created a shmup/hardcore niche with the system, which may be why Treasure sticks to 360 only as well.

Really, if you're a fan of the genre in any capacity, you get a 360.

well PSN has sales for all as well + exclusives, aren't all live sales Gold only?
No.

Glorious Sony told Cave to fuck off with their shitty 2D games, so they went to Xbox and basically created a shmup/hardcore niche with the system, which may be why Treasure sticks to 360 only as well.
No.

Okay, so that is basically my "C" explanation: c)Sony's snob attitude toward 2D titles?

Really, if you're a fan of the genre in any capacity, you get a 360.

I know, but I am an older gamer and after years of owning everything I've by choice made myself a one console owner. I would basically be adding another big shiny box to my living room just to play Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, and some Cave shooters. I have a hard time justifying that. I'm just very frustrated as a PS3 owner I had to be punished that way.

Foffy

Banned
Hard Corps is hard. Prepare for the worlds shittiest checkpoints!

I actually loved the game. It sucked Arcade Mode simply gave each character their default values. Real men play Rising Mode with traditional Contra abilities. I beat the whole game that way.

Still can't beat Contra Hard Corps, though...

see5harp

Is Guwange good? I played the trial and it seemed like a really cheap port...not terrible but it looked really poor with the original aspect ratio filling like 1/6 of my giant plasma. I am picking up Radiant Silvergun with no hesistation.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I know, but I am an older gamer and after years of owning everything I've by choice made myself a one console owner. I would basically be adding another big shiny box to my living room just to play Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, and some Cave shooters. I have a hard time justifying that. I'm just very frustrated as a PS3 owner I had to be punished that way.
Well, PSN has Soldner-X 1 and 2.

Cmagus

I never see people bitch and moan whenever there are PSN+ exclusive sales (and there are every month).

I don't own a PS3 i own an Xbox 360 and I don't have gold because I don't play online very much and wouldn't use it honestly if I had it so I don't pay for it . I am not pissed I just think it's unfair to exclude people from your sales but if that is the case then they just wont get anything from me.

Top Bottom