• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2's development will continue after the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck.

Yes.

I won't allow myself to get too excited until I see it in motion, I'm not ready for more heartbreak, but this is very good news. We need Stalker more than ever.

Oreoleo

So then what exactly was the deal with the offices closing down and everything? Something doesn't add up, what's the full story here?

Hylian7

I was going to make a thread about this when I saw it on my Facebook feed but forgot. Very good news indeed!

It's probably more like after the holidays and after they find new offices if it was true that they sold off their old offices to Na'Vi.

Awwwwww Yeaaaahhhhh!

This is how you do it. Now don't fucking compromise GSC. Go all out on this and I will buy 5 copies on this game on release date.

Nothing will stop the Zone. Nothing has prior. There is simply too much awesome to halt the finest game franchise known to man.

For hardened, rain-soaked loners, for psychopathic hunters, for the weary traders.

This is great news.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They might still be off. January 7 is Christmas for Orthodox Christianity.
Mostly Eastern Orthodox. Or generally those that use the Julian calendar often referred to as old calendar(and them old calendarists) which includes Protestants and others. Anyway, not all Orthodox.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays.

bacon820x5n.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
Mostly Eastern Orthodox. Or generally those that use the Julian calendar often referred to as old calendar(and them old calendarists) which includes Protestants and others. Anyway, not all Orthodox.

A lot of Greek Catholics in Ukraine, my family just did the big Christmas get together last weekend.

The story behind this game is bound to be epic. Get some games journalists there, for sure, I want to know what the fuck went on during development.

Oreoleo

As I anticipated, RPS picked this up and ran a quick story on it. They don't have any more info than we do, but I did come across this nugget in the comments:

Something that was left out:
In a previous Blog post from one of the dev’s blogs, he stated that they’re working on little to no pay, and are building a preview build for the investor who saved the project to see if they are willing to go through with it fully. I’ll need to look for the post about it on the STALKER Southern Comfort facebook page, though.

Seems almost like divine intervention. But seriously, THANK YOU to whoever this mystery investor is for believing in GSC enough to put this money forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom