• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best-Selling PSN Games Of 2011 (Alexey Pajitnov: *laughs*)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/23/the-best-selling-psn-games-of-2011.aspx

So uh, this is a bit surprising.

Here are the top 10 best-selling PSN Games of 2011 (digital games only, not full PS3 games):

1. Tetris
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Infamous Festival of Blood
4. Back to the Future: The Game - Full Series
5. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
6. Castle Crashers
7. LIMBO
8. Battlefield 1943
9. Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
10. Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

And as for "top 10 Paid Downloads including Playstation Plus offers":

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation: Content Pack 2
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation: Content Pack 3
4. MLB 11 The Show Road to the Show Training Points
5. FIFA Soccer 12 Premium Gold Pack
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection: Content Pack 4
7. Angry Birds
8. FUT - Premium Gold Pack
9. MLB 10 The Show Road to the Show Training Points
10. FIFA Soccer 12 Premium Gold Jumbo

Not THAT surprising. The first two are games that get frequently rereleased because they're two of the best games ever made and because people consistently purchase them and re-purchase them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Haha, the Gameloft game is 5th. I wonder how good it is.

Minus the uber long initial load, it's pretty fun run of the mill dungeon romp. It could have been a lot worse considering how much crap Gameloft gets for ripping off ideas. 4 player online co op makes it better.

RE4 for 10 was a good deal. Certainly not one of the best games ever though ^^

Was Resident Evil 4 just the PS2 classic or was it an HD port?

Glad to see Infamous Festivel of Blood so high. I'd love for them to just keep pumping out $10 mini-games with new powers and stories. I'm disappointed there wasn't a chirstmas one. I'm sure they could think of a story reason to pump new orleans full of snow

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nice to see Magic crack the top 10. Are those Battlefield 1943 copies the free versions that came with BF3 (only because of a lawsuit)? I'm assuming thats the case.

And FIFA must definitely be #1 on XBLA.

boingball

It speaks volumes to Sony's marketing that there is only one original game in the Top 10 (Infamous). And Tetris, with no marketing whatsoever, beats them all easily...

Angry Birds is DLC?

I am wondering that too.

Depressing to see Premium packs in the Top 10. Probably means more of them for more and more games are coming.

Edit:
The bottom list is not DLC. That is the list of best-selling content overall on PSN.

Angry Birds is a Mini. Both lists are by units sold.

You are right. Even more depressing that Premium packs beat every other content except Angry Birds (which is not even a good version of Angry Birds).

Nice to see Magic crack the top 10. Are those Battlefield 1943 copies the free versions that came with BF3 (only because of a lawsuit)? I'm assuming thats the case.

And FIFA must definitely be #1 on XBLA.

Don't forget that Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition also comes with a Battlefield 1943 code.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised the GT5 DLC isn't on the download list considering it got over 1 million sales. I wonder what the numbers are like for those FIFA/CoD packs.

Yoona

Banned
Didn't we have a thread on this already? I remember pretty fondly, because I was bitching about MK Kollection selling well and still being a broken pos.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Surprised the GT5 DLC isn't on the download list considering it got over 1 million sales. I wonder what the numbers are like for those FIFA/CoD packs.

I believe that was one million worldwide. But yeah, kinda surprised too now that you mentioned it.

rapid32.5

Was Resident Evil 4 just the PS2 classic or was it an HD port?

Glad to see Infamous Festivel of Blood so high. I'd love for them to just keep pumping out $10 mini-games with new powers and stories. I'm disappointed there wasn't a chirstmas one. I'm sure they could think of a story reason to pump new orleans full of snow

HD version, there is not a single PS2 RE version on PSN yet.

Samus4145

Very interesting list. I wouldn't have pegged most of those in the rip ten, then again MANY good PSN titles get overlooked.

test_account

XP-39C²
The GT5 DLC is split into different packages. The one million downloads is probably spread across all the packages.

RedSwirl

I've thought about buying Tetris PSN. It's a pretty good port but I doubt I need a version of the game on a console. If it had autolog and all my PSN friends played it I'd probably be on there. For now though, Tetris on the DS is pretty much all I need.

dr_octagon

Banned
if any game really needed 1080p and 5.1 surround sound, it was tetris

online is fun and ea will probably make a vita only version with dlc (just because they can)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn anyone else get the Tetris song ringing in their ear at the slight mention of Tetris

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Also yay at inFamous FOB + BTTF <3 + BF 1943 in Top 10

GeoramA

Only bought three of those (inFamous, BttF, and Limbo)

I hope Stacking, Rochard and Renegade Ops weren't far from the top ten.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm surprised Scott Pilgrim isn't in the top 10.

Top Bottom