• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maxis planning to make a multi-platform AAA title.

ToxicAdam

Gamesutra has a job listing :
"Maxis is seeking an experienced Graphics Engineer to join our team in Emeryville, CA. In this role, you will be working with a highly talented and experienced team on an upcoming triple-A simulation style game." There are no further hints about the nature of the game, but the listing also includes a platform list: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Online Multiplayer, Mac OS X, Windows

Another Sims game? Sim City 5?

This and localize A-Train 9 for Westerners, please. That would be swell, especially if this game was Sim City 5 and people could compare both franchises.

Jasoco

Banned
Maxis still exists?

I thought it was pretty much just EA Games with a nice coat of paint to make us think it was still them.

I'm hoping for Sim City 5 as long as it is native to my OS X i5 MacBook Air and runs well... and isn't complicated but more like 2000 was before things got all confusing.

Maxis still exists?

I thought it was pretty much just EA Games with a nice coat of paint to make us think it was still them.

My exact thoughts too. The Sims have the EA logo plastered all over everything that I didn't even think Maxis was involved despite the Sims name.

I wish it was Sim City 5, but it's probably Sims 4.

Can't imagine SC5 being a multiplatform game over a PC exclusive unless it's extremely cut down and simplified.

I guess it is possible, but AAA seems to indicate something accessible to the non simulation OCD crowd, but also has a big budget.

The safe bet seems to be Sims4, but It is also possible it will be a new Sim IP.

$1.00 for each new building style in your city.

Jasoco

Banned
My exact thoughts too. The Sims have the EA logo plastered all over everything that I didn't even think Maxis was involved despite the Sims name.
It's basically Infogrames walking around with an Atari costume. These old companies don't exist anymore. They're all bought up by worse companies trying to save face by putting on a nice disguise.

It's not going to be Sim City you guys. I mean, this is going to be on consoles and has a "AAA" budget, do you really think they're going to make a city-building game with that kind of focus?

It's going to be Sims 4.

Berordn

It's not going to be Sim City you guys. I mean, this is going to be on consoles and has a "AAA" budget, do you really think they're going to make a city-building game with that kind of focus?

It's going to be Sims 4.

SimCity_Creator_Wii_Game_Cover_Art.png

Too early for Sims 4, unless they decided to change up the expansion structure again. Maxis doesn't make The Sims anymore, anyway.

Kabouter

I always thought SimCity should get a third person shooter spin-off. Seriously though, unless this is The Sims 4, and it seems a bit early for that, I can't imagine this being a success. How many AAA simulator titles are there these days?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I always thought SimCity should get a third person shooter spin-off. Seriously though, unless this is The Sims 4, and it seems a bit early for that, I can't imagine this being a success. How many AAA simulator titles are there these days?

simcopter?

They're finally making Spore!

This please. Spore 2005 was much, MUCH better than Spore 2008. Not that I didn't enjoy the one we got, but the one shown off back in 2005 honestly looked much more appealing and ambitious...

Or SimCity 5, but not dumbed down or anything. Make it like 2-4 and I'll be good. I wouldn't even be too bothered if the game still had an isometric view (but in 3D obviously), if it meant performing better or having a more unique art style.

Could be The Sims 4 I guess, but doubtful seeing as EA is enjoying milking the crap out of that more than they usually do. Used to love The Sims franchise and was so looking forward to The Sims 3, but they've totally botched up this generation. It's still ok...but eh...But I doubt Maxis will ever work on that franchise again. If they do though, I hope they try and gather some of the original folk that worked on 1 and 2.

Aww man that game looked awesome :( So gutted it was canned.

Maxis no longer develops Sims games. The franchise was handed to SimsStudio before 3..

So a seperate studio now makes Sims? Huh, the more you know!

And yeah, the Wii got Sim City Creator, and sadly I heard it wasn't all that good, very odd that Hudson made it. Even wierder that HAL made Sim City 64! o_O

Perhaps it's a new IP? Maxis made Dark Spore right? Maybe it's another Spore? And also, I don't trust platform listings at Gamasutra Jobs, to me that's merely a platform experience at a company, rather than what the job's game is specifically for.

I find Linkedin much better for these sort of findings.

Top Bottom