• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The $50 dollar mistake- Bastion is not on psn, so help me out

dantehemi

Whats up gaf. I received a $50 PSN card today as a gift, and promptly went to the playstation store to get myself some Bastion....to my dismay it was not there, I am oblivious to anything PSN or XBLA. I just know that Bastion was the game to play.

So I find myself in a bit of trouble here, having $50 to spend at the playstation store but have no clue what to get?

I did some searching on the subject throughout gaf, but I couldn't seem to find the answers I was looking for.

So here's what I am asking, what should I buy with my $50?

I like all genres and would like a mix of old and new titles.

Thanks for your input guys....I know this is not a thread worthy topic, but I know you guys could have this problem taken care of in less than 10 posts....and then we can bury it, never to be seen again :)

Edit: I know it's asking for much, but a brief description on the game would be awesome. Something as simple as "fast pace shooter" "in depth strategy" etc...

Thanks again

njean777

Yeah it bothered me that they did not make it for ps3. It has more then likely made enough to warrant a port by now... but wipeout should be a good start. Along with any game with "Pixel Junk" in the name.

Shoulda just bought $20 card. Bastion is only 15. Actually I finally got it yesterday on XBLA for 7.50. Impulse buy at that price.

Do you like fun and infinite spins? Tetris

Do you like cute and super simple real time strategy? Mushroom Wars

Do you like art and collecting gems? Echoes

Shawn128

Anything in the pixel junk series is great. All the suggestions here so far are great.

If you want something unique, get Flower. Flow is a game that I think is unique and fun as well, although it has its critics. I really love Every Day Shooter too, I still fire it up every now and then.

Flower $10 - Art house indie game that is better than it ever sounds like it would be.

Crysis $20 - A capable port of one the better single player shooters ever.

Ico $20 - An HD upres of one of the better adventure games ever.

Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2. Wait for VF5 Final Showdown and buy that.

derp, I MEAN BUY FEZ LOL AM I DOING IT RITE GUYS? PLEASE LIKE ME.

Toki767

I would honestly just buy a 1 year PS+ subscription and reap the benefits of all the free games you'll end up getting.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Boy, that Xbox has some good games.

Below are just some that come to mind at the moment. There's tons of great stuff on PSN.

Braid- 2D Puzzle platformer with time mechanics
Trine- 2D Physics based platformer.
Pixel Junk Monster- Tower defense
Pixel Junk Shooter- a dual stick shooter that is level based and not score attack.
Wipeout HD- Futuristic racer
Joe Danger- Puzzle platformer on a motorcycle
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes- Puzzle game with RPG elements (big bang for buck)
Super Stardust HD- Dual Sticker shooter
Outland- Metroidvania

wait a few months..... Bastion wasn't funded/published by Microsoft and successful XBLA games like that a knack of showing up on PSN exactly 12 months after there XBLA debut.

But other then that.... get a year of ps+ maybe?

I mean this months content is nearly worth the 50 already and its a steady stream of free stuff for a year.

BiggNife

The joke isn't funny anymore, guys. The dude's asking for advice, you could at least give him some suggestions instead of just "BUY THESE 360 EXCLUSIVES HURR DURR LOOK AT ME I'M SO CLEVER"

Having said that, I would suggest:

-Critter Crunch
-Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
-Chime
-Lumines Supernova
-Sonic CD
-Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
-X-Men Arcade (also Simpsons Arcade, comes out next week)
-Super Stardust HD (if you didn't get it from the PSN Shutdown Apology thing)
-Braid

Toki767

I was thinking that, do you get some good free stuff over time?

Buying it before next week would give you all 5 episodes of Back To The Future, all 3 Syphon Filter PS1 games, Swords & Soldiers, and a couple minis.

Then next week you get The Simpsons game and Final Fantasy V for free. The week after that is Far Cry 2. The week after that are a bunch of Sega Genesis games.

Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3, and World
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Tetris (Gameboy Vers.)
The Bard's Tale
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Ducktales
Subterrania
Madden NFL '94

dantehemi

But thanks alot for the suggestions guys, more than enough games have been listed, so we can end this pathetic attempt at a thread, I'm gonna go with
Trials hd- heard its great (thanks see 5harp)
Super meat boy- heard alot about this and can't wait to play it (thanks speevy)
Shawdow complex- how did I miss this one? (noobasuar)
It's always great when guys on gaf give good recommendations, it's the reason why i come here, nobody try's to be a smart ass and steer you wrong.

To the rest of you guys, thanks so much for your game recommendations also, I'll be sure to try them out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

There's a huge "free" game update for this month alone.
If you've barely played anything on PSN before, then yeah, 1 year worth of PS+ would be a good option.

Edit: ^^ oh boy

Speevy

Banned
Okay, since you goofed and the joke is fast running its course, here are some actual PSN games. I believe these are some of the finest you can possibly buy on the US PSN.

They're in no particular order, and every one of them is unique enough to warrant your time.

The bolded ones are my favorites.

-Akimi Village
-Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars
-Wipeout HD Fury
-Cuboid
-Numblast
-Astro Tripper
-flower
-Shatter
-Siren: Blood Curse
-Warhawk
-Pixeljunk Shooter 1/2
-Pixeljunk Eden
-Elefunk
-Joe Danger
-Comet Crash
-Revenge of the Wounded Dragons
-Super Stardust HD
-Critter Crunch
-Hamsterball
-Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
-Pixeljunk Monsters
-Pixeljunk Sidescroller
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

-Limbo
-Braid
-Castle Crashers
-Afterburner: Climax
-Lumines Supernova
-Magic: the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers/2012 Edition
-Mega Man 9 and 10
-Monkey Island Adventure Games
-Sam and Max Adventure Games
-Strongbad Adventure Games
-Outland
-Peggle/Peggle Nights
-Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords/Revenge of the Plague Lord
-Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
-Stacking
-Trine/Trine 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2
-Space Invaders Infinity Gene
-Worms series
-Skydrift

tearsofash

Pixeljunk Eden, Pixeljunk shooter, pinball of some kind, xmen arcade, qlione 2.

If those don't jive with you, I'd also suggest the Ps+ subscription. It can be useful.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You get a couple of free games every month (you lose access to them when your sub expires though), some discounts on select stuff on the store (yours to keep), and a couple of other perks.

IIRC, if you sign up right now you'll get all 5 episodes of the Back to the Future game. Next week they're gonna add FFVI and The Simpsons Arcade Game:

6792222349_e78cbc76eb_z.jpg

dantehemi

Okay, since you goofed and the joke is fast running its course, here are some actual PSN games. I believe these are some of the finest you can possibly buy on the US PSN.

They're in no particular order, and every one of them is unique enough to warrant your time.

The bolded ones are my favorites.

-Akimi Village
-Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars
-Wipeout HD Fury
-Cuboid
-Numblast
-Astro Tripper
-flower
-Shatter
-Siren: Blood Curse
-Warhawk
-Pixeljunk Shooter 1/2
-Pixeljunk Eden
-Elefunk
-Joe Danger
-Comet Crash
-Revenge of the Wounded Dragons
-Super Stardust HD
-Critter Crunch
-Hamsterball
-Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
-Pixeljunk Monsters
-Pixeljunk Sidescroller
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

-Limbo
-Braid
-Castle Crashers
-Afterburner: Climax
-Lumines Supernova
-Magic: the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers/2012 Edition
-Mega Man 9 and 10
-Monkey Island Adventure Games
-Sam and Max Adventure Games
-Strongbad Adventure Games
-Outland
-Peggle/Peggle Nights
-Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords/Revenge of the Plague Lord
-Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
-Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
-Stacking
-Trine/Trine 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2
-Space Invaders Infinity Gene
-Worms series
-Skydrift

Thank you for real this time :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
bastion is really an average game with above average presentation anyway. the Money is better spent elsewhere, even if you are on xbla.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wipeout HD
Street 3: Third Strike: Online Edition
Battlefield 1943 (if you didn't get this for free with BF3)
DLC otherwise

Kapow

Theres a few big disc released games that have made their way to PSN that you could check out. Just off the top of my head theres Infamous 1+2, Borderlands, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Midnight Club Los Angeles. Also, I just bought God Hand and Vagrant Story and they both look to be really great from what little I've played of them so far.

Top Bottom