• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The $50 dollar mistake- Bastion is not on psn, so help me out

But thanks alot for the suggestions guys, more than enough games have been listed, so we can end this pathetic attempt at a thread, I'm gonna go with
Trials hd- heard its great (thanks see 5harp)
Super meat boy- heard alot about this and can't wait to play it (thanks speevy)
Shawdow complex- how did I miss this one? (noobasuar)
It's always great when guys on gaf give good recommendations, it's the reason why i come here, nobody try's to be a smart ass and steer you wrong.

To the rest of you guys, thanks so much for your game recommendations also, I'll be sure to try them out.

You guys are ice cold

for the record anything you get free from ps+ goes away once you terminate the subscription. so its really best for the discounts...

Or think of it as a rental. Far Cry 2 is awesome, for instance, but play it now when it comes out and in a year when it "goes away" who cares... you already played it.

Why were so many people suggesting XBLA games?

Because people think they are clever when they trick somebody who is asking for help. This is the same forum that somebody lost his XBL account to a phishing scam and another poster made a thread just to mock him.

GeoramA

If you have $50 to burn, you'd be crazy to get anything over PS+ right now.

Just be prepared for an insane backlog after Valentine's Day :lol

BiggNife

Oh man I totally forgot about Shatter!

Shatter is fucking awesome, if you decide not to go with PS+ then BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

Tain

All the cool guys that like video games know that Hard Corps Uprising is the best original downloadable game this generation.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OUTLAND

outland1asjrx.png

outland3trk8f.png

outland2n1k6g.png

Edgeward

Infamous: Festival of Blood $10
If you never played it Mass Effect 2 is $20 and includes all the dlc except Arrival.
God Hand $10
Ico/SOTC $20 each
Shatter $7.99
Beyond Good and Evil $10
Wipeout HD/Fury I forget the price >_>
Renegade Ops $15
Critter Crunch $6.99

Raonak

Banned
Another vote for PS+

It's useful, if you think you're gonna be using it in the long run. Because, while it totally makes your money back, once you're off it, the free games are disabled. (although; if you resuscribe at a later date; they'll reactivate.)

Also, another downside; you'll get a backlog if you don't already have one.

I'd go with the PSN+. Even if you let it expire after a year and lose the 'free' games, it's good value (and if you are like me you don't replay most games once you finish them, so who cares if you lose them).

edeo

Does anyone have any experience in playing Bastion as both WASD and with controller?

I don't have an XBOX so I played it on Steam. I had a lot of fun but using mouse and keyboard really annoyed me. How does it fare with a controller? Is it easier to beat those weapon challenges?

Omikaru

Sorry to hear there's a bunch of trolls giving you Xbox 360 exclusives. Here are my favourite games available (note, I don't have a US account so I'm recommending you what I can get on the EU store, which is generally considered worse off than the US one, so there may be great games I've missed due to availability):

- PixelJunk Shooter (only played the first one, no idea if 2 is any better or worse)
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Castle Crashers
- Braid
- Stacking
- Monkey Island 1 & 2
- Sam & Max (series 2 & 3 are amazing, series 1 is okay-ish, but I don't even think that one made its way to the PS Store)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online
- Wipeout HD
- Beyond Good & Evil HD
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
- Lumines Supernova

I'm sure you can find $50 worth of amazing games which you'll love from this list. Enjoy!

Anything in the pixel junk series is great. All the suggestions here so far are great.

If you want something unique, get Flower. Flow is a game that I think is unique and fun as well, although it has its critics. I really love Every Day Shooter too, I still fire it up every now and then.

Every one of those is horrible. I bought them all right when I got my PS3, now they are just icons I have to skip over when looking through my game list. Terrible games.

My suggestion: ignore recommendations, especially ones for the lousy Pixel Junk indie type games that are instantly boring. Just get something that looks interesting to you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PSN plus is the best use of the money. My girlfriend is subscribed to it and has been having a great time with the free PS1 games and Costume Quest. Its a rental, sure, but what other service gives you dozens of rents for 60 a year. And decent discounts.

Kapow

One of the best games of last gen. Also, Scott Pilgrim.
Completely forgot about Scott Pilgrim. Played through the whole game with 3 friends and it was alot of fun. Only annoying thing was waiting for them to buy stuff for their characters.

Top Bottom