• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto: I'm really enjoying working on Pikmin 3

dc89

Legendary games designer Shigeru Miyamoto has confessed that he’s really enjoying working on Pikmin 3 for Wii U. The game was originally developed for Wii, but Miyamoto says that having high definition graphics and a touch screen at his disposal is enabling him to create a game he’s truly happy with.

“Originally, I was making Pikmin 3 to be launched on the Wii platform. Because the Wii U is capable of HD quality pictures, and will be accompanied by the subscreen on your hand. I thought that I would be able to make a Pikmin that was closer to my ideal. I am now actually enjoying myself, working on the game.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/02/13/miyamoto-says-hes-really-enjoying-developing-pikmin-3-on-wii-u/

And I'm pretty sure many are going to enjoy playing it! Hopefully, it's masterful. Who am I kidding, it's going to be masterful, no need to hope.

Obligatory lock if old.

I think it's pretty sad that the last think the Pikmin have done are be part of the DSi to 3DS transfer tool. Pikmin 3 better be amazing.

Kjellson

oh ffs enough with the teasing
8OH0s.png

One thing they could do on WiiU that has not been possible so far due to hardware limitations, is they may possibly put more throw more than 100 Pikmins on screen.

This years E3 just must be the one that's finally gonna have the real Pikmin 3 unveiling, right? .... right?

I'm more interested in his new IP

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm really happy he's enjoying working on Pikmin 3! I always worry that he hates his job from all the years spent working on each Zelda game, only for fans to bitch and moan about how it's not the game they wanted and things need shaking up. That would drive me to serious amounts of liquor.

Can we please see Pikmin 3 soon though, Mr. Miyamoto?

cacildo

To be fair, i dont like pikmin.

And i also dont like the Metroid Prime series. I dont think Retro is God like gaf thinks.

4 years at gaf and i finally got to say it. Feels good.

One thing they could do on WiiU that has not been possible so far due to hardware limitations, is they may possibly put more throw more than 100 Pikmins on screen.

well if kameo could do it in 2005 (over 100 on screen models (there or abouts..) i imagine after 7 years now we can have "at least" 100 HD pikmins :p

Conor 419

Banned
I honestly think there's a lot of reasons that this will be one of the best launch titles of all time.

Edit - That cover whilst looking lovely, is really haunting.

Top Bottom