• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

Goldrusher

6880342711_647de22d7f_o.png

developer: Evolution Studios

release: February 22 (Europe); March 6 (USA)
price: €5.99 EU | £4.79 UK | $9.99 US

includes both the Vita and the PS3 games

/!\ UPDATE

For a limited time, in the US, the Vita version will be available for free!

That’s right—for a limited time, the complete Vita MotorStorm RC game is available for download absolutely free – no additional purchases necessary! Not only that, but you’ll be able to drive a custom RC version of Scion’s iQ which is exclusive to the PS Vita version of the game. And be sure to check out the plethora of downloadable content which will become available for purchase for both versions of the game tomorrow.

Thanks to our partners at Scion.

As for the trophies...
The Trophies for both versions are identical, so you can earn them on either PSVita or PS3.
All of your progress on MotorStorm RC will always be seamlessly synchronised between PS3 and PSVita over PSN, including Trophies, so you can play back-and-forth between the two without skipping a beat.

MotorStorm RC is also technically two different games: a PSVita version and a PS3 version. So even though it can be cross-played on both PSVita and PS3, there are in fact two Trophy lists.
Your Trophies will be synchronised between the two consoles, so this won’t be doubly difficult.

A couple extra features for the PS3 version...
On PS3 there’s also stereoscopic 3D and offline multi-player: 2-player SimulView (same-screen) and 4-player (split-screen).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/15/motorstorm-rc-trophies-full-list-platinum-revealed-3/

Some new images of the tracks...
(there are 16)

Durante

I loved the micro machines games back in the day, and I like that this is 1080p with local multiplayer on PS3. It seems like a good deal if you own both platforms, will buy.

Andrefpvs

The Trophies for both versions are identical, so you can earn them on either PSVita or PS3.
All of your progress on MotorStorm RC will always be seamlessly synchronised between PS3 and PSVita over PSN, including Trophies, so you can play back-and-forth between the two without skipping a beat.

This sounds like an answer someone would give to a very intelligent person.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The game looks so fun anyways. I would pay up to 10 for both going by the Euro pricing.

Super Offroad spiritual successor here.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
And another launch title for me - time to get some PSN friends.

foreveralone.gif

KalBalboa

Banned
I'd pay fifteen American. I'm betting it's $10 though, seeing as how absurdly great the Vita's launch has been when it chimes to consumer advocacy.

They want you to buy these things asap with your tax money get online with 3g, and start using near.

TheExodu5

Banned
That's a smoking deal. Sold. Don't care about the trophies, but a good quality game on two systems for $10 would be great.

Not hyped by the micromachine orientation. I wish this was a classic Motorstorm game with tracks and inspirations from all the motorstorm games.

Slaylock

I worry a bit about the controls since the fixed perspective will require steering opposite if your vehicle is heading toward the screen. I've heard they have a demo though, so I'll certainly give it a go.

Dibbz

Amazing price. If Vita keeps this up man I'm gonna have to buy one soon. Just put on Journey and I'd get one right now.

NHale

I really hope this game is a huge success because it would lead other publishers to try the same "Buy 1 Get 2 versions" concept for their games.

We need more of this than games like Uncharted: GA at $50/€50...

Kafel

Banned
Plays like shit from what I've read, no online head-to-head, not very nice looking ...

but since I can get it for cheap I'll see.

I tried it and thought it was horrible. Trackside cam makes controlling the car really hard, the car looks tiny and bland and the whole game doesn't feel anywhere close to MotorStorm.

test_account

XP-39C²
I tried it and thought it was horrible. Trackside cam makes controlling the car really hard, the car looks tiny and bland and the whole game doesn't feel anywhere close to MotorStorm.
The game does support d-pad support, which i'm really glad for. Did you try playing with d-pad?

And you're racing RC cars, so the cars should look tiny. It is also suppose to be a quite different game than the traditional Motorstorm games as well. The only resemblance to Motorstorm is the name and some track locations. It might as well be called a spin off.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
There are only two series I've bought every entry of this gen: Mass Effect and MotorStorm. Will keep on buying. This is up there. Don't have a Vita yet and I don't see myself getting one this at the moment but eventually.

xptoxyz

Which is a bit stupid in my opinion. If it's the same game, has the same trophies and you even unlock them in both games with the same save... why have two trophy lists ?
In theory I can finish the game on the Vita or PS3, copy my save, and bam, a second platinum trophy without having to play for a second.

While it is not impossible it is unlikely, trophies usually are gained in a "triggered"-like action. And wouldn't happen retroactively unless it checks some saved data every time or something I'd say.

edit: good example would be games that had trophies patched in.

Great price, my bet on American money would be 7.99 or 8.99.

Top Bottom