• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild01 (3DS) delayed for 2 weeks in Japan

neo2046

the final boxart
jBiVoQ23RX5WX.jpg

Full size http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/819Yo6K2sML._AA1500_.jpg

duckroll

That cover looks really bad. Hino trying to sabotage his own game because he's salty that Gundam AGE is bombing. :(

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I like the cover but it looks like a murder mystery game with good art rather than say anything about the 4 games...

wrowa

I'm only interested in Matsuno's and Suda's game. I don't have any desire to play the other two games at all :/ If L5 decides to release the game outside of Japan, I hope that they'll put them on the eShop.

Time Travellers is looking good too. Any word on when it's planned to be released? I think their were rumors about a Summer release...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
That cover looks really bad. Hino trying to sabotage his own game because he's salty that Gundam AGE is bombing. :(

Level 5 had a good run.

No really, honestly. It seems like the only thing that's keeping them afloat is... Professor Layton?

massoluk

Banned
Level 5 had a good run.

No really, honestly. It seems like the only thing that's keeping them afloat is... Professor Layton?

We were saying they're the next Square. We didn't realize level 5 would follow their path so closely and so quickly.

wrowa

Level 5 had a good run.

I think people overestimate Level-5's budgets. Layton and Inszuma are essentially pretty low-budget, so that they remain pretty profitable even when the sales are declining... Little Battlers was pretty long in development, but the sales of the two releases have been pretty decent. And the quickly made PSP sequel and 3DS remake should do decently too.

Ninokuni PS3 on the other hand... I think that one really hurt. Girls RPG too, but on a smaller scale.

It's interesting to see though that they put out some games on a very strict schedule while some other titles seem to take an eternity. (Where the heck is Fantasy Life? I guess it has to do with Brownie Brown helping with the development of Mario 3D Land...)

But everything considered I think that some people just would like to see them fall :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
We were saying they're the next Square. We didn't realize level 5 would follow their path so closely and so quickly.

It took Square at least 3 1/2 generations for them to "fall", from what I'm seeing at L5, it will take them 2 gens. :p

Regarding Level 5, I don't want them to say bye-bye but they should really keep Hino from writing or directing stuff because it ends up usually average (except for Layton I guess). I actually hope Time Travelers is really good (even if Hino isn't directing it).

massoluk

Banned
Kinda wish Suda's game got its own fully fledged title with more eye catching box. This look to have mass appeal than any of his releases so far.

Dascu

Impressions sound good, and seems game will be of decent length too (10h or so, plus replay value?).

Bebpo

Banned
I guess this is the official thread.

I finally got my copy, game was apparently really rare and hard to track down for ncsx, so it took an extra two weeks to get a copy even though I pre-ordered months in advance.

Crimson Shroud - only tried about 30 mins of it so far but I'm totally loving it. Reading a visual novel with Matsuno quality storytelling is such a change from the usual visual novels in Japan like the typemoon stuff or higurashi stuff. It's very smart and feels like FFXII/Vagrant Story the book. The Japanese is pretty high level and not for kids at all, so with my Japanese getting a bit rusty due to the lack of jrpgs this gen, it's a little tough to read. Will definitely double dip if it comes to the US. Only did one battle so far but the battle system seems great. Music is excellent and the presentation works.

Suda51 flying robot girl the game - Don't have much to say about it because the game is impossible to play if you're left-handed and that is what I am. GJ Suda51 for being a dick and screwing over a whole lot of gamers who want to support your efforts. It plays sort of like Sin & Punishment/Panzer Dragoon with lock-on free movement shmup except stupidly instead of making the lock-on/shot one of the buttons, you have to use the stylus as a virtual mouse on the bottom screen and move it around over enemies to lock-on to them and then let go of the touch screen to fire. So you need quick and accurate touching response with your right hand while you're flying around with your left hand dodging. And of course the game doesn't support the slidepad. Definitely annoyed since I like shmups and I like Suda and was looking forward to this one as well as Matsuno's game.

Haven't tried the other two yet. Will check them out soon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
In better, more forward thinking times, you would have been burned at the stake for being who you are, bebpo. We are obviously a backward people, and you merely have to deal with video games you are unable to play.

Makes you think.

Bebpo

Banned
Aeroporter - Aka, BAGGAGE CLAIM - THE GAME. This is actually an awesome 99cent iOS game. It's well designed, exciting, and addictive. It also gets FREAKING HARD as your managing all these baggage lanes and sorting baggage and then VIP BAG comes along and you gotta load it first or WRONGLY SORTED baggage comes along and you gotta figure out where it really goes. Everytime you play, as long as you do well, it continually adds further mechanics and complexities to the baggage sorting. Also, it's not even 3D; the 3D light turns off when you play it, lol. But yeah, for what it is, it's a cool fun game.

Dungeon Guy Something Weapon Maker Man - Surprise of the set. This is a really polished fun and hilarious rpg sim x rhythm game. It's sort of like a My Life as a King game if it wasn't boring and was pure awesome instead. Your days are people coming in and requesting weapons for quests. Then you match up their skills and the enemies they are going to fight and then you make a weapon which is a rhythm game. Then they go off questing and you get constant updates from a hidden camera in their weapon relaying their adventures. People keep coming and going so you're constantly making weapons and polishing the ones that come back to up their stats and while you're doing this the dialogues from the hidden cameras are relaying totally hilarious stories that you can read to keep the other stuff from being monotonous. The characters who come in have a ton of personality and their stories are awesome. The art and character design is very, very good and the music is PURE HOTBLOODED 60S SUPER ROBOT/SENTAI MUSIC. Incredible! There's also a meter counting down the days until the resurrection of the demon lord, so you have until then to make the ULTIMATE FINAL BOSS KILLER WEAPON which you make by continually upgrading your weapons that come back from completed quests. The thing is that if the person renting the weapon fails their quest and dies/runs away, you don't get your weapon back ever. So you gotta be careful in judging the people who come in and their quests and pick the right weapon for them. This would make a really good $15 XBLA/PSN/Steam game. Love it so far.

So yeah, the only stinker in the 4-pack seems to be Suda51's D- sandbox Panzer Dragoon. Cool Matsuno table top rpg + Fun iOS baggage sorting game + Awesome XBLA style rpg-sim = great deal, especially since it's a budget title. It's nice playing a bunch of Japanese games that feel very creative and original. I think that since Japan doesn't really have much of an indie scene compared to what we're seeing in the west, we're not getting to see a whole lot of Japan developed games where the developers get free reign and don't have to worry about stuffing panty shots in or rpg padding to sell those extra copies. So this is a very unique and enjoyable compilation of original games. Too bad the series is probably dead after Guild 02 since sales are probably far too low for L5 to bother with it.

Top Bottom