• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A year since NeoGAF got rid of animated avatars. Miss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the deserts miss the rain

XlhBZ.gif

RIP Andy Dwyer monkey walk

smurfx

get some go again
i don't really miss them too much. although sometimes i'll see a funny gif and wished it was an avatar here.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A year? Christ, where is my life going.

I don't miss them — can't even remember the last time I thought about them prior to this thread. Same with the smileys, too, really.

.GqueB.

Banned
Only a few. There was that dancing Van Damn avatar someone had. There was also the one with the little asian girl in the red hat doing this cute little dance move that I used to stare at. Other than those two I don't really the whole thing.

Log4Girlz

Some were great...GREAT. LOL I pretty much didn't have an avatar then...tried someone out early on but stuck with nothing for ages.

F#A#Oo

Banned
No...not really...

GAF runs much better without them and looks better too. My phone battery would also be deader had such a move not occurred...lol

Some were good, but ultimately, I don't miss them.

Never really realized how distracting most of them were until they were gone.

FLEABttn

Banned
Not in the least. It had gotten to the point where I was image blocking certain users avatars because they were so bad, particularly Boonoo's.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My avatar was a bit cooler with the occasional lightning flash, but it was worth losing to end all the annoying ones.

xbhaskarx

I miss some but not most. GAF should selectively allow them, maybe some sort of non-annoying animated avatar approval process...

At least 75% of the time I browse GAF with avatars hidden along with other CSS edits. I don't mind avatars but when people walk behind me at work I'd rather they not see a bunch of ponies, video game characters, and lolcats on my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom