• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins 2 confirmed through Ubisoft survey

Xater

Quote from the survey:

“The sequel to Rayman Origins will feature brand new settings: legendary worlds filled with castles, vampires, ghosts, Greek Gods, or dragons”

Apparently there also was a video slideshow with some stills.

8t8GU.jpg

hDtv5.jpg

mJnUY.jpg

Source: http://gematsu.com/2012/04/rayman-origins-sequel-outed-in-survey

I guess despite the lack of being a big succes building the framework for the game made it easy to do another one. I am pretty happy about this because I loved the first one.

I've not played the first one (yet) despite how magnificent it looks. I will, and I am glad that a sequel is coming as its a beautiful-looking game with a visual excellence that I'd like to see inspire others.

Down with 2.5D, etc.

Double-dipped on the first one (PS3 and Vita) and I loved it so this is great news to me. The sequel needs more Land of the Livid dead difficulty!

Liamario

Banned
Great news for those who have feelings and enjoy fun.

They released the original at too high a price; but it is one of the few games I've enjoyed this generation.

Peff

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I get some sort of "Mini-game Collection" vibe from those screens.

First and third could pass as normal levels, the second one is the odd one. Probably competitive co-op, ghost/time attacks or mini-games for the bonus stages inside the levels.

Awesome news. Makes sense, I'm sure with the core engine and mechanics now established, they can now build the game much faster and try to continue to build on the initial investment.

Xater

I get some sort of "Mini-game Collection" vibe from those screens.

Haven't played the 1st one yet, though

It is not. If you go over to the article it specifically mentions:

It is said to include “all features already in Rayman Origins,” which are a “long and intense campaign, in solo or up to 4 players join in/join out co-op,” and “beautiful 2D graphics.”

Didn't think that it was worth posting because that is kind of a given. The only improvement I hope for is online co-op.

Genuinely never thought this would happen.

Still have to complete the original, but I'm ecstatic. Thought it was one of the best platformers in years, and the first good Rayman game since the first.

Odrion

Banned
Something something based god.

Now let's see what price will this launch at, and if the scope of the content change along with it.

Ubisoft is just going to use the "Buy this game for BG&E2" tactic for all of there small releases. I wouldn't be surprised if in the description for Trials Evolution on XBLA it said that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMG YES!!!!!!!!

Pyronite

The game didn't bomb - ~1 million sales worldwide, a shorter dev cycle, and the UbiArt Framework. Great game and I'm glad to see it's gonna continue going forward.

Letep

Amazing news. Picked up Rayman Origins for both 360 and Vita the first time around. Excited to read about the more "mythic" locales for this one.

Top Bottom