• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jumpgate creators launch a Kickstarter for a hardcore PVP space combat MMO

There are not enough quality space-combat games, and hardly any of the few that do exist attempt to take it grand in an MMO. The Old Republic did little more than tease my appetite for shooting amongst the stars, and the cancellation of Jumpgate Evolution a year ago left the situation feeling hopeless. But, like we’ve seen happen to so many niche genres lately, a Kickstarter campaign has arrived to revive the space-combat MMO.

Squad Wars is being developed by END Games, a fairly new studio formed by a lot of the brains behind the original Jumpgate and Jumpgate Evolution. Their Kickstarter campaign just launched last week and has only collected a small percentage of their $250,000 total so far. You can read all about their plans for the game on the Kickstarter page, and if you like what you see, toss some money their way. The perks are fairly generous and higher donations will actually get a say in deciding what content the team builds first.

Interview at the link: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/23/j...ampaign-for-new-free-flying-space-combat-mmo/

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1065318294/squad-wars

I hope this comes out unlike Jumpgate Evolution. And hopefully it stays as a hardcore space combat sim.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A LOT of my friends tested Jumpgate Evolution (NetDevil is pretty close to where we live). They'd probably be interested to find out about this.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
How exactly are you going to be able to spend $25,000 worth of in-game credits?

Haunted

Not interested in MMOs, even the space combat variant.

I approve of the team picture, though.

TeamOvalFinal.jpg

epmode

There are not enough quality space-combat games, and hardly any of the few that do exist attempt to take it grand in an MMO
I do not believe this news. Seems that almost every major space sim in the last few years is into online garbage. Unless I'm imagining things and we've had a decent single player campaign since Freespace 2?

Top Bottom