• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones gameplay(German)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Look more polished than before,dialogue system look ok I guess, overall it sound more and more like the Dragon Age Origin 2 that we didn't get (which is good).

and by the way,PC version is DD only in the US, so boxed version is europe only.

Dany

Banned
How tied is this to the tv show, in character and locations. The throne room was almost identical to the show.

Why hasn't this been promoted more, its french-based right? So they have a US publisher?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
How tied is this to the tv show, in character and locations. The throne room was almost identical to the show.

Why hasn't this been promoted more, its french-based right? So they have a US publisher?

George R.R. Martin himself and HBO supervising it, it will take the "look" of the HBO show ( mean characters/actors look and locations looks and music ..ect) game story will take place takes during the first book/season, before the clash of kings.

here is some more stuff I posted before about the game
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36946845&postcount=104
and
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36641679&postcount=96

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Eh, different games. I don't think they're expecting much for sales. They haven't done a great job showing it off. I'm surprised Atlus is publishing it and not a bigger name publisher.

imho It's still a very bad release day for it ( May 15 = Diablo III (PC) Max Payne 3 (360/PS3) it will get completely destroyed, PC gamers will go for Diablo and Console gamers for Max Payne and media will focus on both games for the entire month.

It was originally set to be released after the end of the first season last year but then it got delayed since it needed more work,now they should delay it just for two weeks or one month till season 2 is over (June) since by that time Game of Thrones fans will want more and PC/PS360 gamer will have time to play it after the heavy hitters.

LProtag

If it wasn't coming out a week before Dragon's Dogma I'd maybe pick it up depending on reviews.

Probably going to wait a little bit and grab it when it's cheaper, unless it turns out to be amazing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Looks surprisingly interesting.

Same day as Max Payne 3 and Diablo III, though. What an unfortunate date.

Atlus is being kinda stupid here, the european publisher -Focus Interactive- put it in June 1st. (Max 3 and Diablo 3 release date in europe is also May 15 but Focus know they have to avoid them).

RPGCrazied

Looks better then when I first looked at it. Sadly between Dragon's Dogma, Diablo III, I won't have time for anything else. I will grab it, but will just wait for a price drop before getting it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they weren't releasing this on the same day as Diablo and right before Dragon's Dogma. Whatever, I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan so I'll pick this up to. Going to be hard to juggle this, Diablo III and Dragon's Dogma, though. Too much awesome fantasy RPG in one month!

Labadal

I'll pick it up during a steam sale. The game looks interesting to me, but it has one of the worst release dates, because there are other games that are higher up on my priority list.

Amagon

George R.R. Martin himself and HBO supervising it, it will take the "look" of the HBO show ( mean characters/actors look and locations looks and music ..ect) game story will take place takes during the first book/season, before the clash of kings.

here is some more stuff I posted before about the game
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=104
and
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=96
Well, I'm glad to hear its only based around the first book cause I really haven't started on Clash of Kings yet. I already preorder the Special Edition on Amazon that includes a artbook too. Gotta love Atlus support when it comes to publishing games!

Tex117

Banned
Looks like Dragon Age: Origins.

So far, nothing looks terrible....

I might have a mid summer purchase here if the game does not totally blow.

Dragon's Dogma is next on my list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even if it wasn't Game of Thrones, I think what I really like about this RPG is that you play two older dudes. You don't play some teenager who has amnesia. You don't play some prince who has to take over the throne from his dead father. You're just two older dudes who've seen some stuff.

More games need different protagonists like that.

I'd just be happy with a God of War style beat em' up where you play as Robb or Jon, and Joffrey is the final boss, and he's like 50 ft tall.

Pyrrhus

So you've got a knight who's a warg and another who's a red priest who's also a water dancer? This is pretty damn fan fictiony. Also, that little mini-rottweiler dog thing that's able to somehow maul men in full plate armor is hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So you've got a knight who's a warg and another who's a red priest who's also a water dancer? This is pretty damn fan fictiony. Also, that little mini-rottweiler dog thing that's able to somehow maul men in full plate armor is hilarious.

Jon Snow is pretty damn fan fictiony too. It's not uncommon to the franchise.

Pyrrhus

Jon Snow
is pretty damn fan fictiony too. It's not uncommon to the franchise.

That remains to be seen. You've read the most recent book, I assume? Even if the resolution to events there are as predictable as we all expect, at least he's one mono-mythical guy. This is a story about two nobodies who happen to be all of the most rare and fantastic things in the entirety of the fiction at the same time. The veritable cowboy/astronaut/race car drivers of their day. Are they going to have a guy who's half White Walker on his mother's side as a third playable character?

Top Bottom