• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redux Kickstarter - Dreamcast LIVES!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redux/redux-dark-matters-a-shmup-for-sega-dreamcast?ref=users

Goal: $25,000

rdx00000.jpg

rdx00005.jpg

Our goal is to publish "Redux: Dark Matters" on STEAM, XBLA and PSN. To achieve this, we are offering a Kickstarter exclusive preorder for a Limited Edition of Redux on Sega Dreamcast. Only 1000 copies will be produced ever! It will only be available, right now, exclusively through this Kickstarter campaign.

The required devkits to release on STEAM, XBLA and PSN are costly - so we are offering an exclusive Sega Dreamcast version of Redux: Dark Matters to fund the development for these additional platforms. We want to bring Redux to as many people as possible. Pledging your support directly makes this a reality!

The Sega Dreamcast is one of our personal favorite video game systems. We thought, what better way to reach our goals than to offer something we know or fans would love: a limited edition Sega Dreamcast version! Help keep the Sega Dreamcast alive by preordering a copy of Redux: Dark Matters today!

Supporting our campaign not only helps keep the Dreamcast alive - but directly helps us bring Redux to more platforms and more people.

Redux: Dark Matters is the up and coming space shooting game with fresh scoring elements and an incredible soundtrack composed by Andre Neuman featuring legendary video game composer Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, R-Type). Featuring HD visuals with in-space, robot blasting, shooting game action. Developed by René Hellwig from NG:DEV.TEAM (GunLord, Fast Striker, Last Hope and DUX) and KTX Software (The Haunted: Hells Reach, Gem'X iOS).

• Super Fine HD Visuals (HD Compatible Devices Only)
  • 6 Stages with Huge Boss Enemies
  • Tons of Weapons
  • Arcade Gameplay and Addictive Scoring System
  • Highscore Table a. Game Center for iOS
  • Awesome Soundtrack Composed by Andre Neumann

Pledge $10 infinite available!

Pledge your support to bring Redux: Dark Matters to Sega Dreamcast, STEAM, XBLA & PSN. In return we will give you 10 MP3s from the soundtrack!

Pledge $25 1000 available!

The MP3 version of the Complete Soundtrack Box Set. All music composed by Andre Neumann. Remixes are not included with the MP3 version and are only available with the hard version of the soundtrack box set listed below.

Pledge $55 875 available!

The hard copy of the 4 CD Complete Soundtrack Box Set. All music composed by Andre Neumann including many remixes by various artists such as Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, R-Type). All on an accomplished 4 CDs! Pledge total includes shipping worldwide.

Pledge $65 875 available!

Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast and DUX 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast (2 disc set)! Only 1000 copies will EVER be produced. Available exclusively on Kickstarter! Total includes shipping worldwide.

Pledge $100 250 available!

Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast and DUX 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast (2 disc set), and the 4 CD Soundtrack Box Set! Save $20 with this bundle! Total includes shipping worldwide.

Pledge $1000 3 available!

You'll receive a custom made Universal 'Redux: Dark Matters' Arcade Stick, compatible with the video game system(s) of your choice as well as your name in the credits of the game. Plus - Redux: Dark Matters Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast signed by the developers. Plus - 4 CD Soundtrack Boxset signed by the composers, Andre Neumann and Chris Huelsbeck.

rdx00008.jpg

rdx00007.jpg

rdxdvdce.jpg

stbox.jpg

I was worried that they were going to charge shipping to the US. Turns out they already included the cost of shipping to each of the reward options. Very cool. Also, looking forward to the Dreamcast versions of Dux and Redux.

galvatron

Hated Last Hope, but Fast Striker was pretty impressive tech on the Neo Geo...still lots of better shooters to be had, neo geo included. Not sure about this one... Might be in for a soundtrack, though.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hated Last Hope, but Fast Striker was pretty impressive tech on the Neo Geo...still lots of better shooters to be had, neo geo included. Not sure about this one... Might be in for a soundtrack, though.
I've been thinking about picking up their "starter pack" to get Last Hope, Fast Striker, and Gun Lord. They all seem pretty neat, and I cherish my Dreamcast collection above all. Does the Pink Bullets version help or hinder Last Hope?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Dreamcast LIVES!!!

The more we say this, the less it's true.

Good on them for this though. And at least it looks way better than the original.

Camwi

Hmmm.. Is my math fuzzy or are they offering 1,125 copies, while saying that there's only going to be 1,000 produced?

This is one of the worst Kickstarters I've ever seen. "Help us release the game on PSN and XBLA! Oh by the way, we won't provide the product we are releasing, we are just going to provide audio and if you pay more, we will provide this for Dreamcast which you might not own!"

Yeah...

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
More Dreamcast games you say? I support.

I guess what I don't get is this:

Who wanted another DUX game? I mean, let's be honest - of the Dreamcast indie shmups, that was the worst.

Backed. :( Blind retro console loyalty FTL.

obonicus

Allow me to be incredulous.

Yeah, that's phrased weirdly, but I read it as: He's not really saying he needs a devkit for steam, but rather that devkits to release on all three platforms are costly. It's equivalent to 'We want to release on Steam, 360 and PS3, and devkits for the latter two are costly', though phrased more confusingly.

One thing I'm curious about is how the Dreamcast version will compare to the downloadable versions. Specifically: will the Dreamcast game be widescreen? Seems unlikely, although certainly possible from a technical level.

I3rand0

This is one of the worst Kickstarters I've ever seen. "Help us release the game on PSN and XBLA! Oh by the way, we won't provide the product we are releasing, we are just going to provide audio and if you pay more, we will provide this for Dreamcast which you might not own!"

Yeah...

Agreed.

Oh man. If things weren't so tight at the moment, I'd totally support this. Might still have to find a way. More Dreamcast games can only be a good thing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
IIRC the trickle of final DC shmup games over the last several years have all cost more than that.

I should have phrased that better. $65 for the DC release is fine. But it shouldn't take $65 to get the game when the point of the KS is to fund a Steam/XBLA/PSN game. At least put a steam code for $25 or something. It shouldn't take $55 to get anything of real substance.

goldenpp72

I agree there should be a tier to get to own the game for backing it, pretty silly considering other kickstarters. 15-20 should get you a copy of the psn/xbla/steam game.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Uhhh, that's exactly what Kickstarter is about.

Kind of but not really. You're funding a project and getting something in return. Most of the time you are basically buying a game before it comes out. It's not charity, it's kind of an investment. That's what makes Kickstarter so great for me. Sure, some of them are basically donations, but you are still getting something in return.

For me Kickstarter is buying a game before it gets made because you support the project and then a little extra if I really care. For this project, up to $55 is basically just a donation.

goldenpp72

Just because many kickstarter projects do that doesn't mean that's the intent of the site, it's not a preorder site, it's a donation site with perks, just like how you can donate blood, or get paid too.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It doesn't change the fact that their tiers are bad and should include a Steam copy at some level.

Kind of but not really. You're funding a project and getting something in return. Most of the time you are basically buying a game before it comes out. It's not charity, it's kind of an investment. That's what makes Kickstarter so great for me. Sure, some of them are basically donations, but you are still getting something in return.

For me Kickstarter is buying a game before it gets made because you support the project and then a little extra if I really care. For this project, up to $55 is basically just a donation.

Kickstarter is a site where projects that aren't going to get made, get donations so that they can get made. If somebody wants to give a reward for donations then that is certainly their prerogative but it's still a donation site despite recently funded Kickstarters that are simply preorder cash grabs.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kickstarter is a site where projects that aren't going to get made, get donations so that they can get made. If somebody wants to give a reward for donations then that is certainly their prerogative but it's still a donation site despite recently funded Kickstarters that are simply preorder cash grabs.

But then you're asking your customers for a donation and then profit from the game on top of that. I don't believe that is in the spirit of Kickstarter. Basically, they don't have enough money to fund a project, and that's fine that they are asking for donations. But you are asking your fans to donate to you and then asking them to buy the game that they funded and that money will be profit.

I agree, having to go up to $65 before you get anything is kind of annoying. At least you do get two games at that price though, not just one, for anyone who doesn't have the first Dux... I understand why it's that high before you get the game, but it is a little annoying.

Burai

shitonmychest57
There's still no guarantee that MS or Sony will let them have dev kits even if they have the money to pay for them.

And then who's going to publish it? Will Microsoft let them release an XBLA version simultaneously with a PSN version?

There's way, way too much red tape to get through to make this project happen as they describe it.

Top Bottom