• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redux Kickstarter - Dreamcast LIVES!!!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Pretty cool Kickstarter. A little too rich for my blood, since I'm only really interested in the iOS version. But with the prizes they're offering for donations, I'm sure they'll hit their goal pretty easily.

eek5

There's still no guarantee that MS or Sony will let them have dev kits even if they have the money to pay for them.

And then who's going to publish it? Will Microsoft let them release an XBLA version simultaneously with a PSN version?

There's way, way too much red tape to get through to make this project happen as they describe it.

Is 25k even enough to get them 360, PS3 devkits and make it through certification?

@MUWANdo

Banned
The original DUX is complete arse, and Last Hope isn't much better.

Fast Striker is okay, I guess, and that Turrican clone looks neat, but I don't know the extent of DUX-man's contribution to those games. I remember the other NG:DEV dudes tried to distance themselves from him a little bit after all the DUX drama.

Why is it that every time someone makes a new DC game it's a shump? :/

Anyway, this looks cool.

The DC homebrew releases now add up to a puzzle game (Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles), a racing game (Rush Rush Rally Racing), and three shmups (Last Hope, Dux, Fast Striker), with two more shmups announced (Sturmwind, Redux). There's also the Turrican-clone platformer (Gunlord) coming in a month or so (it's already out on Neo-Geo, but not quite yet on DC). So it is a lot of shmups, but it's not ALL shmups.

bede-x

I just backed this(65$). Not sure if it was smart since the game doesn't look that good, but the music sounds awesome and that might be enough if the game is decent. It's nice to see games like this getting backing so easily and I would love to see more games for older systems on Kickstarter.

There's just something indefinable with the way a specific console makes graphics and sound, especially with older systems and probably related to custom chips implemented in the hardware, that gives the games a certain feel and look that's easy to appreciate if you grew up with them. A salute to developers making that possible.

The $100 package has been upgraded to come with a steelbook case. Also, the $60k stretch goal will add an extra stage as well as two-player support.

I'm backing this project, but I'm generally surprised there's so much interest in this considering how unimpressive the original DUX was. Does anyone know what DUX 1.5 changes?

What the hell?

http://hucast.com/products_new.php

Looks like you got screwed if you pledged with Kickstarter. You can get Redux + DUX 1.5 + OST for a lot less than the $100 pledge.

So much for it being Kickstarter exclusive, either.

They said that they were making a limited number of copies, but didn't sell nearly all of them on Kickstarter, so whether or not they end up sticking to that number, they certainly have quite a few more to sell before they hit it.

As for the price, I don't know... consider the additional part helping to fund development or something?

They said that they were making a limited number of copies, but didn't sell nearly all of them on Kickstarter, so whether or not they end up sticking to that number, they certainly have quite a few more to sell before they hit it.

As for the price, I don't know... consider the additional part helping to fund development or something?

I guess that's one way to stay positive. A steelbook sure as hell isn't worth $25 to me!

clear31

Anyone else pledge this game and still wondering what's going on with them???

They recently updated saying to expect an email because the game is ready to ship but I have received nothing.

So, the post-mortem. Let's see how Hucast screwed people over on this one:

- Obscured the fact that it's a remake instead of a new game (especially at the outset)
- Not only lied about Kickstarter exclusivity, but then had it pre-orderable for LESS than the Kickstarter price on the Hucast shop.
- Showed the steelbook coming with the normal DVD case inside (this is a lie).
- Shipped the steelbook and OST in shitty packaging, resulting in damaged discs and cases
- Dreamcast version runs at lower res than DUX and DUX 1.5
- Has a game-breaking glitch on the first boss despite months of delays for QA

Hucast are scum.

Top Bottom