• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paint Park |OT| Paint Using A Death Pad!!

Bukana

mini_paint_park.png

7087241809_7906d7ba67_z.jpg

A Paint App for the Vita:
-Paint with your friends using Ad-Hoc mode.
-Swap pictures and photos with friends.
-Challenge friends to win contests.

6941172056_30a148f42b_z.jpg

6941172176_33d4946149_z.jpg

Paintings From "We See In Pixels" Guy:

ArJ1pA5CAAAEKfX.jpg

ArLCtQjCMAAXpf2.jpg

ArLEFq0CEAAjlxL.jpg

This is one of my paintings:

scaled.php

Guess, whose hat is that !?

The lack of a stylus (or ability to use one) really hurts here for the Vita.
Paint Park, to me, is incredibly frustrating to draw anything more complicated than a stick figure. And text, forget about it.
Your finger is in the way half the time, preventing you from seeing what you're doing. The magnifying glass doesn't help, only confuses further.

Besides that, it's pretty barebones in features. This would have been great to be able to invite people from your Friends list to and draw together, perhaps with themed minigames around drawing too. It was also a golden opportunity for Sony to rival iOS' Draw Something with random people matching, but noo. No online functionality.

Is there a reason JP got both Paint Park and Wake Up Club but US only got Paint Park?

Anyway here's a picture I made in Paint Park. It's about the best I'm willing to do with the limited functionality:

856fhnf7653jmhg433febe.jpg

I was a bit excited for this, but utterly frustrated by the lack of precision and colors. When I discovered Colors 3D for 3DS, I promptly deleted this. Suck a missed opportunity, as the bigger screen and better resolution could have been awesome for sketching.

I was a bit excited for this, but utterly frustrated by the lack of precision and colors. When I discovered Colors 3D for 3DS, I promptly deleted this. Suck a missed opportunity, as the bigger screen and better resolution could have been awesome for sketching.

I don't think they could make it more precise if they wanted to, since the nature of touch OLED screen doesn't bode well with a stylus, only fingertips. I tried the 3DS stylus, and nothing.

They could patch in online functionality like I described above (Friend support & random matching), but doubtful. This is more than likely a quickly whipped up app to broaden the Vita's app library on a list. Wake Up Club sounds very interesting though, but only Japan has it still.

sakipon

I don't think they could make it more precise if they wanted to, since the nature of touch OLED screen doesn't bode well with a stylus, only fingertips. I tried the 3DS stylus, and nothing.
You can freely use styluses made for capacitive screens. They can be found at any store with iPad etc. accessories. They work great (but won't improve precision much as they imitate fingertips). However they do help with the 'finger covering the view' prob.

KillGore

Fuck yes, the One Piece drawing automatically makes this a badass thread. I wish I had the skills to draw like some of these people.

RpgN

You can use a soft-touch stylus on Vita.

picture

That would work so well with Paint Park! Where can you get one of those?

Wow, that is a huge secret. I'll give it a try in a bit.

Here's a drawing I made about a month ago with Paint Park.

20120419193524.jpg

done this a while ago

before I know about color mix, but never bother to post it because never accur to use flickr to upload image from vita
jnYeomJ5RsZ9e.jpg

Twinduct

Booooo I said this in vita thread when paintpark came out! :<
No internets for me :/

Bleh can't find it now. Guess it was one of those 'cancels' before submitting posts/

KalBalboa

Banned
I was hanging out with some old friends last night when we pulled out our Vitas and jumped on Paint Park.

My god is the Contest mode fun. Especially with three or more people.

Has anyone else tried the Ad Hoc multiplayer? It's like some brilliant mix between Draw Something & Pictochat.

spats

I was hanging out with some old friends last night when we pulled out our Vitas and jumped on Paint Park.

Has anyone else tried the Ad Hoc multiplayer? It's like some brilliant mix between Draw Something & Pictochat.

I don't know anybody IRL with a Vita. :(

Twinduct

I don't know anyone IRL who owns a Vita :<
Sounds awesome though.

KalBalboa

Banned
That's a damn shame. We had three of us playing a mode where we all joined an Ad Hoc room and were randomly assigned a subject to draw (everyone got the same subject). Every player is given one minute to draw whatever the subject is, the drawings are then shown to everyone via WiFi, and then you vote.

We were cracking up like 10 year old kids with this. I'm thinking of posting our work, but I doubt it would translate well outside of out immediate circle of friends who were there. If you have the opportunity to play this with a few people take it.

Lucent

-sigh- Why do they have to do ad-hoc mode? Why isn't wi-fi an option for multiplayer? I can only imagine how awesome it would be to have GAF drawing contests for fun. =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Takao

Banned
Some one is using a stylus or holy shit they're good with their fingers.

I like the app, but the lack of being able to internet draw (AKA: ad-hoc only) is a huge disappointment.

I'm not even sure how you're supposed to save your images on it.

If you want to save your progress while working on something to pick it back up later simply peel back the sheet by pushing on the bottom right hand corner when the paper fold appears. To look at your works click triangle, and hit the grid. It'll show you the ones you've drawn so far. Click on the desired image you want to continue with, and press the bottom right hand corner to copy to the current canvas.

If you want to get the images out of the Vita itself, simply use the Vita screenshot utility that works pretty much universally. It's pressing start and the PS button at the same time if you're unaware.

As for the multiplayer, yeah it's pretty sad it's local only. I played it with a few friends a few months back and was a lot of fun. Would work well via online gameplay.

STG

Is anyone still using paint park?

tried a prinny today
looks more like a fat crow or something

I am so bad at drawing, especially with the fingers. but I kinda enjoy it

Top Bottom