• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)-Wii U (Gamplay Video)

Slime

Banned
Surprised it took this long for a home version. Figured it would end up on iPad or something first. Wii U makes sense.

shaowebb

This game is one of the best things you'll ever play in an arcade. Awesomely frantic arena battle with a ton of really wild powerups for your tanks. Versus mode and mission mode both are tons of fun to play. This coming to Wii U is a big thing for anyone who has ever touched it and you can count on me owning it.

Judge all you want on graphics, but this is an arcade port thats pure gameplay and was never a graphical wonder to begin with.I mean it came out in 2009. The game itself is the star and you will have a lot of fun with this thing. Just avoid the troll powerup of squirt gun. You get that in the middle of a tank fight and you are sooooooo screwed.

Here is an arcade video describing it in arcades that lets you see why some of us are so hyped.
Tank!Tank!Tank!

Slime

Banned
Seriously, it's really fun. I don't think it'll be getting as much hate once people actually play it.

LOL best 3rd party wiiU game yet.

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

263674_o.gif

shaowebb

Its like Mario Kart Battle mode with insanely huge explosion effects, destructible city environments, and giant monsters to fight. Stop and imagine that for a moment if you've never played this and ask yourself how fun that sounds...

Game will be great. So glad that after all this time its getting a port. Guess they were waiting for a console with a rumble feature and a camera packaged in or something.

This game is one of the best things you'll ever play in an arcade. Awesomely frantic arena battle with a ton of really wild powerups for your tanks. Versus mode and mission mode both are tons of fun to play. This coming to Wii U is a big thing for anyone who has ever touched it and you can count on me owning it.

Eleventh post nails it.

Alpha_eX

Most terrible game I've seen all e3

Tank! Tank! Tank! is so much fun, I'm really hyped for this.

EDIT: Fuck this game, they're only releasing the first arcade version? Not worth it as a full retail, they should have included the extra maps released as a 'sequel'. Why would they leave those out, not enough content for retail.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Being around namco arcades for about a decade a now I'm surprised most are knocking this considering it's popularity. Simple casual fun and I won't be wasting quarters anymore.

Any word on online features?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
gjO8A.jpg

Im interested. People seem to be having fun with this in some youtube videos at arcades.

shaowebb

gjO8A.jpg

Im interested. People seem to be having fun with this in some youtube videos at arcades.

It is insanely fun at arcades with all the force feedback. The chair has more rumble power than the old Hydro Thunder machines, and the steering will kicks and shakes with a ton of force too (even when you shoot!).

Its actually kind of fun using the goofy frames with your battle picture to customize your gamerpic on the map as a pirate or soldier or any number of other silly things and the battles are incredible with the amount of destruction everything causes. Team Mode is great and rolling out to take on other players in the arena is a blast. My wife rolled out once and drew enemy fire will I drove off for a power up. I got the laser and used her gamer pic to aim toward the enemy through walls of buildings. The laser then ripped a hole through the city and started drilling the enemy sneak attack style!

So much fun and all that rumble in arcades made it super intense. Glad Wii U has controller rumble for this. I can't wait.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ahhh, so this was an arcade game too, eh? Well, looks great! Reminds me of Advanced Wars + Tokyo Wars from the arcade merged. (Plus a Tank game on N64 that I forget the name or right now...)

This and Platinum Game's P100 are a type of game I don't feel like we see much of outside of 1st party nintendo anymore. So I'm happy to see it! Pretty interested in this, and shadowebb knows MANLY GAMING TIME, so good to see a glowing impression of it!

shaowebb

Ahhh, so this was an arcade game too, eh? Well, looks great! Reminds me of Advanced Wars + Tokyo Wars from the arcade merged. (Plus a Tank game on N64 that I forget the name or right now...)

This and Platinum Game's P100 are a type of game I don't feel like we see much of outside of 1st party nintendo anymore. So I'm happy to see it! Pretty interested in this, and shadowebb knows MANLY GAMING TIME, so good to see a glowing impression of it!

Im Shaowebb. Shadowebb is my ultimate form and takes 5 bars plus dark resurrection to activate. Also Tanks...loooooooots of tanks.

Mr. Robot

Being around namco arcades for about a decade a now I'm surprised most are knocking this considering it's popularity. Simple casual fun and I won't be wasting quarters anymore.

Any word on online features?

It must have online features, otherwise how can there be 4 people playing without splitscreen in the trailer?

shaowebb

I can't wait to run back into this dude from the arcade screenshot below.
dGgz3.jpg

City had enough of my Tank-splodey ways. Decided it was time for some payback...I would have none of it.

TANK! TANK! TANK!
MANLY SPLOSION TIME!!!!!!!!

ftKyc.jpg

a namco bandai arcade title? I'm in... game seems like it could be a lot of fun despite looking like it was made for GCN... should be an eshop title for $20 or something though.

Top Bottom