• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)-Wii U (Gamplay Video)

This game is one of the best things you'll ever play in an arcade. Awesomely frantic arena battle with a ton of really wild powerups for your tanks. Versus mode and mission mode both are tons of fun to play. This coming to Wii U is a big thing for anyone who has ever touched it and you can count on me owning it.

Judge all you want on graphics, but this is an arcade port thats pure gameplay and was never a graphical wonder to begin with.I mean it came out in 2009. The game itself is the star and you will have a lot of fun with this thing. Just avoid the troll powerup of squirt gun. You get that in the middle of a tank fight and you are sooooooo screwed.

Here is an arcade video describing it in arcades that lets you see why some of us are so hyped.
Tank!Tank!Tank!

You got my attention. If this game has good pricing I'm in for some multiplayer fun!

shaowebb

I have waited for this moment. Me and bonaparte will be ready for this.

Nuk6P.jpg

The tank in this picture is almost smilling as hard as I am ...almost.
It's "TANK! TANK! TANK!" 3 TANK!'s. Jest saying.
Game looks a lot of fun.

I sent a mod a PM on the thread name. We should see more Tanks in it soon.

shaowebb

Gotta play this game at the arcades. I don't think it's going to translate well onto console.

It wont vibrate my fillings out of my head on home console, but I sincerely doubt that it'll lose out much on its frantic multiplayer combat by not having the vibrations of a thousand diesel engines hooked up to an unbalanced washing machine.

I can't wait to rush someone with the big missile on home console. That thing hits for as much in one shot as the entire missile rack upgrade. You see me coming with it you best be packing more than squirt guns.

MANLY SPLOSION TIME!!!!
zza1c.jpg

Woo! More tanks added to the thread name! Thanks mods!

shaowebb

Really hope this game isnt a full 50/60 bucks. It looks like super arcadey fun and its going to bomb at that price

I doubt it could be a full 50-60 given its a port of an old Arcade hit. Regardless of price though for whoever picks it up this game is gonna be a...*puts on shades* ...blast!

o03ID.jpg

Cbajd5

When I first saw it I thought it looked neat, and I think even better of it now.

Since it'll never be in an arcade around here I guess I'll be buying it.

I wish the arcade scene in the US wasn't so dead then maybe I could have tried this out.

Tank! Tank! Tank! is so much fun, I'm really hyped for this.

EDIT: Fuck this game, they're only releasing the first arcade version? Not worth it as a full retail, they should have included the extra maps released as a 'sequel'. Why would they leave those out, not enough content for retail.

DLC and I doubt it'll be a retail game. eShop most likely.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Why have I never heard of this game before? It looks amazing! Cheap but oodles of fun.

I hope it has online play eventually though; the fact that it doesn't show a lot of splitscreen gaming seems to suggest it will have it.

Dave Long

Banned
Listen, this game is the Excite! game of the Nintendo lineup if they do it right. The arcade version is insane, and insanely fun.

Get your
ThrowdownMFer.jpg
faces ready!

First four-player vertical split screen game ever?!

Minyobi

People need to stop being cynical and get on the Tank! Tank! Tank! bandwagon.
The game is so much fun.

A shame Wii U doesn't have enough force feedback to knock the wind out of you like the arcade version does.

This game is one of the best things you'll ever play in an arcade. Awesomely frantic arena battle with a ton of really wild powerups for your tanks. Versus mode and mission mode both are tons of fun to play. This coming to Wii U is a big thing for anyone who has ever touched it and you can count on me owning it.

Judge all you want on graphics, but this is an arcade port thats pure gameplay and was never a graphical wonder to begin with.I mean it came out in 2009. The game itself is the star and you will have a lot of fun with this thing. Just avoid the troll powerup of squirt gun. You get that in the middle of a tank fight and you are sooooooo screwed.

Here is an arcade video describing it in arcades that lets you see why some of us are so hyped.
Tank!Tank!Tank!

I'm certainly intrigued by it, but only if it's no more than $30 (and above $20 I'm not sure).

KDR_11k

It's the spiders crawling over buildings that makes it look EDF-y. Of course all this does is make me want a Wii U version of Chou Soujuu Mecha MG (the DS mech game with controls on the touch screen as a major gameplay part, made by Sandlot).

I wish the arcade scene in the US wasn't so dead then maybe I could have tried this out.

DLC and I doubt it'll be a retail game. eShop most likely.

their release list had a separate page for download titles, and this wasn't in that page; I think someone's being greedy here most probably, and it will bite them lol

clemenx

Banned
Oh hey, I like that use of the controller camera. Pretty cool using your picture there.
I'm not one to ask for online on everything but I think it's a must here and for Arcade games :\ I hope it has it so I can continue to be interested in this.

Hiltz

That new trailer does make the game look tasty even though I haven't played the arcade version. Just not sure about posting my mug for all too see. Heh, I wonder if people will be able to post pictures of their private parts... not that I would or anything.

Jarsonot

That new trailer does make the game look tasty even though I haven't played the arcade version. Just not sure about posting my mug for all too see. Heh, I wonder if people will be able to post pictures of their private parts... not that I would or anything.

Therein lies the problem? Pictures of dicks worry Nintendo I think. I think "child safety" (for lack of better term) is paramount to their online strategy, and it is unfortunately looking like it may be to the detriment of adults.

I just wish they'd give some good parental control lockout and then let the rest of us enjoy ourselves. Damn kids.

Poyunch

The only thing that sucks is the lack of online. Still might be a fun party game but I would play this nonstop at launch if it had online.

Getting a total Alienfront Online vibe from this. I hope they reconsider adding online play, I doubt I can get my wife to play this with me.

yep, dropped the ball with no online play. Looks fun for $10-20, but not without online. I don't have friends over to play video games enough for that.

steveovig

This game looks so sweet but if it doesn't have online, count me out. This seems like it was built for online and would be amazing to play.

Hiltz

No online play for this title is a disappointment all right. Namco Bandai's effectively cut the balls off this title by not implementing it.

Top Bottom