• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley |OT| Hope OR Hype? June 9th 9:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
artwork-pacquiao-bradley275.jpg

Pacquiao vs. Bradley
June 9, 2012 // 9 p.m. ET (HBO PPV)
MGM Grand, Las Vegas

• Welterweights: Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs) vs. Timothy Bradley Jr. (28-0, 12 KOs), 12 rounds, for Pacquiao's title

Undercard:

• Junior featherweights: Jorge Arce (60-6-2, 46 KOs) vs. Jesus Rojas (18-1-1, 13 KOs), 10 rounds

• Welterweights: Mike Jones (26-0, 19 KOs) vs. Randall Bailey (41-7, 36 KOs), 12 rounds, for a vacant title

• Junior featherweights: Guillermo Rigondeaux (9-0, 7 KOs) vs. Teon Kennedy (17-1-2, 7 KOs), 12 rounds, for Rigondeaux's title

I think this fight may be sneaky interesting. Bradley is undefeated. Bradley is younger. Bradley is quick. Pacquiao looked like he lost his last fight against Marquez and sounds more concerned about advancing his political and entertainment career than fighting anymore. But then again, that may just be buying into the Arum circus. Bradley also ducked Amir Khan and his last stoppage against completely over the hill Joel Casamayor was his first KO of any kind in 10 fights since 2007. Expect yet another decision in a sport littered with them regardless of who wins.

And yes in case you were wondering, Bob Arum is still a piece of shit.

All this and more, live on HBO PPV 9:00 EST Saturday night.

Quick

Banned
My family's probably ready for this on Saturday. I'm already sick of hearing about Pacquiao, but I'll probably end up watching (again).

I like it when Pac wins cuz my neighborhood blows up with fireworks. Or always did before, cops have been cracking down recently so I dunno about this time.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I used to like Pac, but I got bored of him. Go Bradley!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Have to support my countryman. Buying it for my Mom's birthday and ordering some pizza. Otherwise, I'm pretty dis-interested.

Same day as game 7 of the eastern conference finals!

What to do what to do.

Game 7 will start much earlier than the actual Pac fight. Pac will go on around 10:30-11 Central.

Tom_Cody

I have all the respect in the world for Bradley, but this is a bad style match-up for him. I don't see his road to victory.

Bradley is a skilled infighter who has constantly won his fights by out-working his opponents. He has a good mix of offensive and defensive skills, but he lacks power and his chin is not impenetrable.

In order to beat Pacquiao he will have to stay in close and outland him. I give Pac the edge in power and chin, which will make this near impossible for Bradley. He will have to pitch a perfect game to get the win.

Can't wait for this. Bradley is the first prime undefeated boxer not coming off a devastating loss in a long time fighting Pac. I smell an upset unless Arum has the judges in his pocket again.

Ash_69

Putting my balls on the line and saying Bradley's got this.

Putting a bet on it as well. Pacquiao is declining and waiting to get beaten. He has looked nothing special in his last few fights.

Bradley never looks special but the difference is he dominates despite this.

Damn, in those weigh-in pics, Pacquiao looks so much more confident than Bradley. Unfortunately, it's probably based on his religious zealotry, but I'm sure it will get the job done.

oneHeero

The Pacman will not lose this fight. people always refer to his last fight but he always has close battles w marquez. its is one main enemy, the guy that pushes him to his limit in a sense.

i see a headbutt stoppage, manny bleeding from bradleys headbutt.

if not than i hope manny works him inside out to shut up the naysayers

The Pacman will not lose this fight. people always refer to his last fight but he always has close battles w marquez. its is one main enemy, the guy that pushes him to his limit in a sense.

i see a headbutt stoppage, manny bleeding from bradleys headbutt.

if not than i hope manny works him inside out to shut up the naysayers

Manny isn't losing the fight unless he literally dies in the ring. If it goes to the cards, the best Bradley gets is a draw. I guess that could be the jaded boxing fan in me, but my $ is also on the fight ending way early due to unintentional clash of heads.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dan Rafael from ESPN is picking Bradley to win:

Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Jr.: I like that Bradley is five years younger, fresher, in his prime (Pacquiao isn't), skilled, undefeated against quality opposition and has similar speed to Pacquiao (a factor Pacquiao hasn't faced in ages). But what I love are Bradley's intangibles. He's so focused and desperately hungry to win the biggest fight of his life. Pacquiao? This isn't his fifth-biggest fight. Maybe not his 10th-biggest. The level of intensity goes to Bradley. It could be the difference in a tight decision win.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8026421/experts-pick-saturday-fights

Has anyone tried getting the telecast of these type of matches from a paid provider on the net? is the quality pretty good and what prices am i looking at? I would go to a bar to watch this most likely if i can find one showing the fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Has anyone tried getting the telecast of these type of matches from a paid provider on the net? is the quality pretty good and what prices am i looking at? I would go to a bar to watch this most likely if i can find one showing the fight.

Anytime I've ever used an "official" stream, honestly it almost always turns out to be worse than less than official means.

th3dude

I really wanna watch this but not sure I wanna drop 65 bucks. if I was gonna watch the under card then maybe but I'll be watching the Kings hoist the cup first.

JLG-

Are you asking about legit streams? Or those other pay sites that aren't "official"?

Official stream from toprank is $54.95

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Game 7 won't be over until at least 11 ET, most likely around 11:20 assuming it's a relatively close game.

TheNatural

My Member!
Don't fucking ruin the thread with this shit

How about shutting the fuck up on your endless Mayweather defense train shit then? Then it wouldn't be a problem. Don't ruin the thread with your bullshit is more like it. Someone brought up Pacquiao's out of ring stuff so it's fair game considering he's fighting tonight.

Baby Milo

How about shutting the fuck up on your endless Mayweather defense train shit then? Then it wouldn't be a problem. Don't ruin the thread with your bullshit is more like it. Someone brought up Pacquiao's out of ring stuff so it's fair game considering he's fighting tonight.

whats May gotta do with this thread? WHo brought him up besides you? Calm you stupid ass down

anyways im predicting a Pac KO

TheNatural

My Member!
whats May gotta do with this thread? WHo brought him up besides you? Calm you stupid ass down

anyways im predicting a Pac KO

I didn't point anything out specifically, just the irony of the dealing with women in boxing by the two main guys. You quoted me, remember? Take your weak ass trolling somewhere else.

Centurion

Banned
fight! fight! fight!

this thread will deliver more entertainment than the fight itself.

Unless Bradley humiliates Pacman every. single. round., we all know how the judges are scoring this fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
fight! fight! fight!

Unless Bradley humiliates Pacman every. single. round., we all know how the judges are scoring this fight.

I hope Bradley wins, I'm not going to get into a shit throwing fest taking sides with two pieces of shit like Bob Arum and Floyd Mayweather again.

If someone doesn't like pieces of shit ruining what was once a great sport, I don't know what to tell them. They can go send PBF a cake in jail or Bob Arum a telegram or something.

jett

D-Member
I hope Bradley knows the fuck out of Pac. If it goes to the judges he has zero chance, poor bastard.

TheNatural

My Member!
fight! fight! fight!

Arum has Bradley under contract too, so maybe he didn't pay the judges this time. If Pacquiao is heading towards a career in politics, maybe he wouldn't mind trying to give Bradley the rub as the next big star.

Even if he wins though, it would be by decision, and I can't see him drawing anything off of that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom