• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon: Black and White 2 sell 1.619m in 2 days

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't wait to play it in glorious 1:1 on my hideous 3dsxl

how did Conquest do in Japan? I know it's been sold out constantly in my area(though that's because Nintendo did a poor job putting copies out)

Isn't that quite a bit lower than what Pokemon Black and White initially sold in Japan?

It's not a new gen though, and it did a lot better than the third edition they normally sell afterwards. The way I see it, it's the biggest success for a Pokemon game, as I don't think they spent the budget that they normally do.

Berordn

Isn't that quite a bit lower than what Pokemon Black and White initially sold in Japan?

Yes, but considering that the typical 3rd Version would have significantly lower sales than this, it's pretty impressive.

For perspective, Black and White 2 outperformed Diamond and Pearl's launch, if just slightly.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Holy shit, but the way they'd been advertising it in Japan was also phenomenal.

When will they bring this back?

images

Natiko

Banned
It's not a new gen though, and it did a lot better than the third edition they normally sell afterwards. The way I see it, it's the biggest success for a Pokemon game, as I don't think they spent the budget that they normally do.

Yes, but considering that the typical 3rd Version would have significantly lower sales than this, it's pretty impressive.

For perspective, Black and White 2 outperformed Diamond and Pearl's launch, if just slightly.

Ah okay, fair enough then. I guess I didn't look at it that way because they tried to set this up as something more significant than the usual third version or at least that's the impression I got.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe they'll bundle it with a black and white 3DS XL in the states even though it's a DS game.

And then I won't be stuck with those shitty America colors. IM NOT GIVING UP HOPE

Mush

I'm sorry, but Nintendo are still fucked. Software means nothing if they can't move hardware.

I'm obviously joking. Can't wait till it gets to Yurope.

Berordn

Ah okay, fair enough then. I guess I didn't look at it that way because they tried to set this up as something more significant than the usual third version or at least that's the impression I got.

It's more on par with the remakes that we saw in the last two Pokemon generations, and it's outselling those too. The biggest sales for the series always come at the start of a generation.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I bet the awesome anime clip sold the game on many people.

Primarily the kids who get up early in the morning to watch the show. And the Pokemon tv hosts who harass elementary school children.

Natiko

Banned
It's more on par with the remakes that we saw in the last two Pokemon generations, and it's outselling those too. The biggest sales for the series always come at the start of a generation.

Good point. Either way these numbers are better than a large majority of games can hope to do.

Top Bottom