• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help with Visual Fox Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMagic

So a friend of mine has a system that uses Visual Fox Pro databases. He asked me if I could help him with creating a simple application that would take some info from an Excel file and use it to update some values in the database. The actual functioning of the app, I have no problem with. But I can't seem to properly open the table that he sent me so I can update the values.

He sent me the following files:
Table related:
stock.fpt (info about the table itself)
stock.dbf (which contains the data I'll be updating)
stock.cdx (which is the index I believe)

Database related:
sgc0.dbc, sgc0.dbt, and sgc0.dcx.

The databases were on a different directory than the tables (let's say "\databases", relative to the tables. Originally though they probably were taken from the same directory).
If I try to open the table, it tells me that it can't find "sgc0.dbc", and it asks me if I want to locate the file or delete the link and free the table. If I free the table, I am of course able to view and manage the data on it freely, but it will probably mess up some things with the original system that is using the database. If I choose to locate the file, I go to "\databases\sgc0.dbc" and try to open it, but it always says something like "Database 'databases\sgc0.dbc': File access is denied". I tried many, many things but with no results. Is it some form of protection from the original system? Am I missing any file?

This is running on W7 64-bit, but I also tried it in 32-bit.

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom