• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds testing new Breakfast after Midnight menu at select Ohio locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Business Insider: McDonald's Is Going For American Fast Food's Last Unconquered Frontier

McDonald's has blanketed America with its restaurants, but opening new locations isn't the only way the fast food superpower can grow.

There's one untapped part of the U.S. market that the chain is now aiming for: the length of time between 2 A.M and 5 A.M.

Less than 1 percent of total fast food traffic comes in during the "last unconquered frontier" for quick-service restaurants, according to an NPD report cited by Burger Business.

PCsOr.jpg

So, what's McDonald's plan?

Transform midnight into the beginning of the morning, extending breakfast into a 10-hour chunk.

It's testing Breakfast After Midnight, which is a menu featuring some of its most popular breakfast items, during late-night, reports Dan Eaton at Columbus Business First.

McDonald's is trying out the menu in Ohio — a very popular fast food test market — but only at restaurants that are open 24 hours. The “Nocturnivore” campaign that's coming with it promotes late-night dining, offering both breakfast and burgers.

The fast food world better watch out. After all, McDonald's breakfast menu is already powerful, and it would be a big win for the chain if it can claim the final part of the day still unconquered by fast food.

The menu includes:

• Egg McMuffins
  • Sausage McMuffins
  • Hotcakes with sausage
  • Breakfast burritos
  • Fruit and maple oatmeal
  • Hash browns
  • Juice
  • Coffee

SUY1M.jpg

Zoe

As long as their lobby remains closed, Whataburger will be our first choice for late-night food.

One of the quirks of living in Ohio is that you see stuff like this and only realize several months later that no one else has it.

We're basically the guinea pigs of the fast food industry.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
One of the quirks about living in Ohio is that you see stuff like this and only realize several months later that no one else has it.

We're basically the guinea pigs of the fast food industry.

What else is there to do in Ohio, amirite?

H3xum

I can get behind this

For whatever reason, when I'm drunk nothing sounds better than tacos with the potential future exception of breakfast burritos

I prefer McDonald's breakfast items to many of their lunch/dinner items so this would be welcomed. There have been times when I want nothing more than a McGriddle post-midnight movie.

Another bonus, making a Mc 10:35 without the hassle of waiting for 10:35am to do it.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
They recently started this down here in Texas, but when a friend and I tried to go the other night, they only had pancakes and muffins available.

Log4Girlz

They should always offer breakfast and burgers after midnight. I hate when 4 am rolls around and they are solely breakfast *cries fat tears*

Croc

Banned
They did this in Columbus when I lived there and I hated it. It seemed like every time that I went to McDonalds late at night for a burger they were already serving breakfast.

Also I didn't realize Ohio was the guinea pig state. I kind of started realizing something was up though after Taco Bell announced the Doritos Tacos and we had already had them at our taco bell for like 6 months to a year.

Why can't these assholes just serve everything during all their hours? I'm don't care if it's only 8 AM, I want some burgers and fries, dammit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was recently stuck in a long drive thru line at a McDonald's attempting to get breakfast for my wife & I. Fifteen minutes after I got there, I finally got up to the squack box where they told me they weren't serving breakfast now that it was 11:03. Ugggggh.

Anyway, both Burger King & Hardee's have better breakfast than McDonald's, though McD's has the best sausage patties of all three by far.

I'm sure they've done the math and it's still not worth it, but it perpetually amazes me that it's apparently such a big expensive pain in the ass to pull off.

Seriously. We can land a robot on Mars, but we can't serve me a bacon egg and cheese biscuit at noon? What the hell, America?

You know whats really healthy? McDonalds food.

You know whats even healthier? Staying up til' 2am, going to get McDonalds food and then going to sleep right after.

Just realized no Gravy 'n' Biscuits... :( Well I guess it don't matter much really. At my McD's they've been putting burger in the gravy instead of sausage. Pretty gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom