• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution PC features (Steamworks, DX11, 10x "awesome")

Courtesy of PCGamer

IO Interactive’s Jonas Meyer headed up the presentation. He says that IO “want the game to look as awesome as possible” and promises that “Hitman’s suit looks ten times more awesome on PC.”

...Owen was impressed by what he saw, noting the subtle bloom on Agent 47′s bald head and fine details like trickling sweat...

PC only features:

Increased texture resolution,
Increased gesture resolution
Higher shadow Map resolution.
Full mouse and key support
Optimised PC user interface
Optimised for low and high end PCs
Steam works integration including steam cloud saves

Dx 11 only features:

Global illumination
Bokeh
Tesselation
Eyefinity support
HD3D support

kamspy

Hopefully there's a slider for "awesome". My 680 is only good for about 6x or 7x while managing a good frame rate.

Interfectum

don't lol, just remember Dark Souls

AE8sE.jpg

dr_rus

Another fine square enix / eidos pc version? This is a trend I can get behind.
Everyone seems to forget that IOI is a PC first developer and Hitman is a PC franchise. It'd be (and still can be) very... strange if Absolution was a console port on PC.

DX 11 only features:

Bokeh
Tesselation

Awhhhyeahhh! Love me some bokeh DoF. Tesselation is a bonus too

Hitman:Absolution has been set for a 11/20/2012 release, but I wonder if it will be released on that date or delayed, kinda like what happened to Batman Arkham City

Lizardus

Can someone confirm if my 6850 would handle this fine?

CPU is i7 at 3.4 ghz and I have 8GB of RAM. I play at a resolution of 1440x900

Thanks

derFeef

I play the Sniper Challenge with a 6870 at 2560x1600 in max settings with a constant 60fps.
I guess the DX11 features are not in there yet, though.

Not surprised in the slightest. There PC ports have been fantastic lately. Hitman and Dishonored are my most anticipated games this year.

graywolf323

I gotta give Square-Enix credit, they are really treating the PC well as a publisher between Deus Ex last year and now Sleeping Dogs and Hitman this year

Eideka

Banned
I gotta give Square-Enix credit, they are really treating the PC well as a publisher between Deus Ex last year and now Sleeping Dogs and Hitman this year

All their last games sport DX11 effects on PC, I wonder what will happen to the next Tomb Raider.

gdt

Square Enix is absolutely rocking ass on PC. Not that I'm looking for it, but they should really put more Japanese stuff up. Final Fantasy should absolutely be on Steam.

Rootbeer

Banned
Square can do this for Hitman but can barely get a disappointing FF7 PC update out the door? What a world we live in.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Still not entirely sold on this game yet but it sure looks pretty. This will definitely be the version I get if I end up buying the game.

Good to see that Square is funding properly for PC development these days. Just Cause 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs , and now this seem to be really well done when it comes to PC-specific development. They get it!

Top Bottom