• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed 3 Wii U “the same” as 360, PS3, PC - start of a trend?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/16/assassin’s-creed-3-shown-playable-on-wii-u-“the-same”-as-360-ps3-pc/

“We’re showing that everything is pretty much the same,” creative director Alex Hutchinson told VG247 by way of explanation.

“It’s exciting for me that all consoles for once are the same. Between PC, 360, PS3 and Wii U, they’re the same game.

“We’re just showing everyone that everything’s fine. There’s no need to worry. Every platform you buy it on will be great.”

Why wouldn't this reasoning hold true for the remainder of the time the Wii U has before the Xbox8/Ps4 pops out?
I have a feeling that developers will keep the Wii U version looking the same as the HD-twins due to feelings of fans and pressure from the other console makers (haven't Microsoft done similar stuff in the past?)

Added quotes regarding graphics:

Added lead designer Steven Masters: “It’s the same assets and the same engine. The guys in Quebec have been porting it for quite a long time.

“It’s completely equable.”

In what may well be the first showing of a third-party game on the next-gen Nintendo hardware, Assassin’s Creed III certainly looked no different to anything you’d expect to see on 360 or PS3. Graphically, I could see no difference.

OmegaZero

Console and Wii U versions are "the same" as PC?

Well, he's obviously talking about content but this thread will most likely dissolve into another graphics debate.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/16/assassin’s-creed-3-shown-playable-on-wii-u-“the-same”-as-360-ps3-pc/

Why wouldn't this reasoning hold true for the remainder of the time the Wii U has before the Xbox8/Ps4 pops out?
I have a feeling that developers will keep the Wii U version looking the same as the HD-twins due to feelings of fans and pressure from the other console makers (haven't Microsoft done similar stuff in the past?)

Or because the Wii U isn't powerful enough to do a better version...

I think he misspoke regarding PC though. Surely it will at least have the usual few improvements (sharper texture, higher resolutions, etc)

Added lead designer Steven Masters: “It’s the same assets and the same engine. The guys in Quebec have been porting it for quite a long time.

“It’s completely equable.”

In what may well be the first showing of a third-party game on the next-gen Nintendo hardware, Assassin’s Creed III certainly looked no different to anything you’d expect to see on 360 or PS3. Graphically, I could see no difference.

Updated OP.

Or because the Wii U isn't powerful enough to do a better version...

I think he misspoke regarding PC though. Surely it will at least have the usual few improvements (sharper texture, higher resolutions, etc)

LOL

"Wii U last-gen confirmed. He misspoke about PC though."

Derrick01

Banned
That fits with what was seen at E3. It was only recently that I saw some Nintendo people on here throwing the claim around that it would be better on WiiU. I think at this point they'll just be happy to get these kinds of games on their system now, at least until the new consoles come out.

Meelow

Banned
That fits with what was seen at E3. It was only recently that I saw some Nintendo people on here throwing the claim around that it would be better on WiiU. I think at this point they'll just be happy to get these kinds of games on their system now, at least until the new consoles come out.

That's because you see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA77Ida_ITw

Wii U version looks better.

Didn't some bro say it looked better on Wii U

Yeah Shane said it, and the video I posted looks like he's right.

Meelow

Banned
Only thing that looked different to me was a filter but that could have been because one was off screen. You're going to say the director and lead designer are lying now?

I'm not saying that I'm saying it looked better, and he did say the WiiU/PS3/X360/PC version are the same so that would mean the PC version looks no better than the PS3/360 version.

Skilletor

That's because you see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA77Ida_ITw

Wii U version looks better.

Yeah Shane said it, and the video I posted looks like he's right.

You're going off of youtube vids now?

Only thing I noticed was that the videos seemed to be at different times of day.

I'm not saying that I'm saying it looked better, and he did say the WiiU/PS3/X360/PC version are the same so that would mean the PC version looks no better than the PS3/360 version.

Not unless they remove every option every version of AC has had on PC.

Pranay

Their is seriously no need for this thread though :-\

and i think he meant casually that the content in the game will be same as the other version and the game will look just like the other versions.
PC users dont need to get mad over this.

Anyways in further quote GFX wise he compared to the hd consoles

TheMan

well, wasn't the point of the system to get 3rd party ports from the HD twins? this is what nintendo planned for, inexplicably, even though the HD twins will be replaced within 1.5 years

Meelow

Banned
You're going off of youtube vids now?

Only thing I noticed was that the videos seemed to be at different times of day.

It looks better but it might not be, it most likely is the exact same version but it seems all the versions will look alike.

Meelow

Banned
I can't really see a difference.

To really know we have to wait for direct feed from the PS3/360 version and the Wii U version.

Can you explain why?

To me personally, the textures look better, Connor looks better in the Wii U version, and the wall at 0:46.

I could be wrong though, my eyes could be playing tricks on me.

Then why did you say the Wii U version looks better? o_O

Too me, Shane, and some other people it does but we will have to wait to really see.

flippedb

Banned
Again with this thing? smh

I believe the Ubi guy says it in a positive way, he's implying that Wii U is not weaker than current gen and that it can handle the game just fine. Also, he's saying it's the same content on every version.

Buuuut! Since we're on GAF, people will jump to conclusions and say Wii U is not powerful enough to handle a better version of the game.

Why would they say that the Wii U version looks better than the others(if it does)? This would just make their other consumers feel like they are not having the best experience.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I don't get why there is debate in these threads.

The wiiU is on par/above by 1-10% of current gen, and will likely not be able to run the same third party games as the nextbox/ps4.

If you are like me and that is enough to make you dismiss the platform? Great continue to do so.

If you don't give a shit? Great continue to not give a shit.

No reason for every game to get 4 threads about it's wiiU version.

NateDrake

The wiiU is on par/above by 1-10% of current gen, and will likely not be able to run the same third party games as the nextbox/ps4.

If you are like me and that is enough to make you dismiss the platform? Great continue to do so.

Except Wii U likely will be able to run third-party games that are on nextbox/PS4.

blixa

Banned
they are lazy and it's a port.
doesn't automatically have to have upgraded graphics.
nor does it mean it can't display more impressive stuff than the 360/ps3.
just skimmed the thread without knowledge about ACIII, so maybe i'm missing the 'problem' completely..

BlackJace

Why... Why open this can of worms AGAIN?

Fuck.

Maybe irrelevant, but I remember when Ubisoft had A SINGLE PERSON porting certain titles to the Gamecube

On par is a pretty massive improvement for them

gdt

Why would they say that the Wii U version looks better than the others(if it does)? This would just make their other consumers feel like they are not having the best experience.

lol wut?

Console only gamers have been getting inferior experiences for a long time now, they deal with it.

Top Bottom