• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation 5 Is Starting to Look Like the Revolution It Promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Sry i'm not a weirdo teenager who comes to a discussion forum for Ls and Ws. Thanks for giving me even further insight to ur intelligence level though
Yet you are on here, being a beta male trying to claim what again? -- That your intelligence is what again? Hold up there what? An intelligent man would ignore if he is not interested in these topics.

Derktron

Banned
Man the guy who said he doesn't give a fuck is really melting down at people correcting him. Relax.

I wrote facts. Ps4 outsold all other consoles, ps5 is outselling all other consoles. You could've just googled to confirm instead of going into a raging meltdown
Don't tell me to calm down, you are messing with the wrong person my dude, in fact, I'll do you a favor......Hold on up.

JTCx

Sony always delivers
qDk8291.gif
His nose gets bent.

Lmao

Papacheeks

Banned
What question? I never said the hardware was bad. If you even read my quote that you try and "debunk" you'll see me literally say I like the hardware. I'm simply saying that I've been in the wheelhouse of all of that "revolutionary" tech for years already. SSD's, Haptic feedback, VR, shit I've been using for YEARS already. Yes, PS5 might have a slight edge on SSD read/write speeds at the moment, but when we are talking the difference of 2 seconds vs. 3 seconds in actual use, it doesn't really make me giddy in my nether region for a purchase. It's also why I'm not complaining about the hardware ya dunce, I'm talking about the lack of "revolutionary" games. GAMES. Chill there bub, I'm not the bad guy trying to say lolololol consoles. I've literally owned EVERY single console since the PS1. I'd wager that I've spent more money on Sony Playstation's consoles/games/peripherals than your average Sony Pony here on GAF. You guys get so defensive that you can't see the forest for the trees.

Other people started bringing up how "revolutionary" the PS5 is while also ignoring the fact that the tech has been around in one form or another for years, even years before the PS4 was released. I kept trying to talk about games, some of the Sony Ubermensch kept wanting to talk about haptics and SSD speed. When you can only point to the hardware of your preferred console instead of the games that justify it, there's a problem.

-----------------

I hope Sony is at least letting you guys be a part of the Playstation Underground for all the goddamn shilling and fluffing you guys are doing.

So your full of shit, and can't answer the question since you've had access to all this tech on your PC which i also own and have been building for studios, NLE's, and broadcast systems for 15+ years?

I asked you find me a game that loads as fast currently as PS5, find me a game that lets you move through the level at the speed miles morales lets you from inside a building to the whole city loaded in a instant? Find me a game on the so called hardware you've been using for a long ass time?
It's a trick question moron, as in PC's currently dont have access to direct storage yet. And even when it hits outside of faster loading screens, no game is currently has been shown that its being designed around this for a whole seemless level/map.
You came in here literally shitting on people, especially tech people who know more than you.

Everyone that I know who works in graphics even in Broadcast who are not gamers have been talking about Sony's solution in relation to how it could be used in Graphics engine/suits for switchers.
Like do you actually research anything or know wtf your talking about? You seem you don't. You have an opinion whicih you are entitled to and on some points I agree with you. Where I dont is that the showing and uses of said tech of PS5 isn't impressive or a positive showing of said features of said hardware stack.

Last edited:
So your full of shit, and can't answer the question since you've had access to all this tech on your PC which i also own and have been building for studios, NLE's, and broadcast systems for 15+ years?

I asked you find me a game that loads as fast currently as PS5, find me a game that lets you move through the level at the speed miles morales lets you from inside a building to the whole city loaded in a instant? Find me a game on the so called hardware you've been using for a long ass time?
It's a trick question moron, as in PC's currently dont have access to direct storage yet. And even when it hits outside of faster loading screens, no game is currently has been shown that its being designed around this for a whole seemless level/map.
You came in here literally shitting on people, especially tech people who know more than you.

Everyone that I know who works in graphics even in Broadcast who are not gamers have been talking about Sony's solution in relation to how it could be used in Graphics engine/suits for switchers.
Like do you actually research anything or know wtf your talking about? You seem you don't. You have an opinion whicih you are entitled to and on some points I agree with you. Where I dont is that the showing and uses of said tech of PS5 isn't impressive or a positive showing of said features of said hardware stack.
You're arguing with a guy who came in here and said if PS5 owners are honest with themselves they regret the purchase cause "right now its just a system really good at playing ps4 games"

Just thought you might wanna know that before continuing wasting time w him

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

Lol, dude. C'mon man. You're making ridiculous arguments. SHOW ME ONE GAME THAT RENDERS ON THE SCALE OF Msft Flight Simulator on PS5. One. Just one. O wait...You can't.

See how dumb that argument comes across? Who am I "shitting" on that knows more than me in this thread? Please point to a single example. You've made up some invisible boogeyman that has it out to get Sony for it's EVIL, NEFARIOUS ways. Or some other ridiculous shit. I've literally not shit on the hardware, I've been trying to keep the focus on games for the hardware, as what is the point of said hardware if the best games are all the previous generations games. I've simply said that I've been in the same playground of this hardware for a long time so it's not impressive to me, sorry if that hurts your feelings. I really don't care too much about the hardware in general as long as I'm getting new, bad ass games. I've even said multiple times that the horizon has great potential and that R&C looks like a banger. You are selectively choosing small insignificant points in my posts to make arguments that you are having with yourself. Good luck with all that.

You're arguing with a guy who came in here and said if PS5 owners are honest with themselves they regret the purchase cause "right now its just a system really good at playing ps4 games"

I never said regret. Just that they should be honest with themselves. You guys are so defensive and refuse to acknowledge even a little bit that there may be some truth to my statements that all you can see me as is some sort of "hater" or "anti-Sony shill" or whatever bullshit label you guys come up with to defend your chosen piece of plastic and silicon. By all means die on that hill. I'll wait to climb it until it's worth it.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

So more lol and you can't answer after all your dumb ass responses and people called you out.

I'm done to my ignore list you go.

Yea I was going to give him a chance to show intelligence, and it never happened Feel like I wasted good server space with my reply's. He's on ignore as he's back peddling and trying to save face.

PEOPLE like that should get troll warnings or a moniker on their tag.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
So more lol and you can't answer after all your dumb ass responses and people called you out.

I'm done to my ignore list you go.

Yea I was going to give him a chance to show intelligence, and it never happened Feel like I wasted good server space with my reply's. He's on ignore as he's back peddling and trying to save face.

PEOPLE like that should get troll warnings or a moniker on their tag.

Ok bud. Not sure what you want or expect. Please by all means, ignore me, I'm learning jack shit from you anyways. You've literally talked about being in broadcast and then go

giphy.gif

whenever I've given you a response. Not sure what more you want. Troll warning? Monikers? Dude, you need to relax. You need a safe space or some shit from the Evil Videogame Message Board Boogeyman?

Last edited:
I never said regret. Just that they should be honest with themselves. You guys are so defensive and refuse to acknowledge even a little bit that there may be some truth to my statements that all you can see me as is some sort of "hater" or "anti-Sony shill" or whatever bullshit label you guys come up with to defend your chosen piece of plastic and silicon. By all means die on that hill. I'll wait to climb it until it's worth it.

I took your advice and have decided to be honest with myself

The PS5 isn't just revolutionary

It's the pinnacle of gaming as we know it

Man, feels good to finally accept the truth

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Lol, dude. C'mon man. You're making ridiculous arguments. SHOW ME ONE GAME THAT RENDERS ON THE SCALE OF Msft Flight Simulator on PS5. One. Just one. O wait...You can't.

See how dumb that argument comes across? Who am I "shitting" on that knows more than me in this thread? Please point to a single example. You've made up some invisible boogeyman that has it out to get Sony for it's EVIL, NEFARIOUS ways. Or some other ridiculous shit. I've literally not shit on the hardware, I've been trying to keep the focus on games for the hardware, as what is the point of said hardware if the best games are all the previous generations games. I've simply said that I've been in the same playground of this hardware for a long time so it's not impressive to me, sorry if that hurts your feelings. I really don't care too much about the hardware in general as long as I'm getting new, bad ass games. I've even said multiple times that the horizon has great potential and that R&C looks like a banger. You are selectively choosing small insignificant points in my posts to make arguments that you are having with yourself. Good luck with all that.

… it comes off at being resentful, befuddled, or upset that people are enjoying their purchase and the games they have played so far and that are on the horizon.
In pursuit of that the thread has turned out in mix of a dumpster fire and a one man show where you went ballistic on people while telling them they were blowing things out of proportion.

Boglin

the PS5 with the tall black with blue lighting does kind of look like the Revolution now that you mention it

igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023040785-000.jpg
The Nintendo Revolution was such a better name. It was embarrassing inviting friends to come over and play with my Wii then having to clarify that I meant my penis.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
… it comes off at being resentful, befuddled, or upset that people are enjoying their purchase and the games they have played so far and that are on the horizon.
In pursuit of that the thread has turned out in mix of a dumpster fire and a one man show where you went ballistic on people while telling them they were blowing things out of proportion.
The article in the OP if a fluff piece with no real substance. Sorry I can't be a part of your echo chamber that apparently no-one wants, but hates or dogpiles on any dissenting opinion. What should anyone else say in regards to the OP? YAY! Yippeee! SO MUCH WIN! I mean...what would be a better point of discussion for you that is more appropriate in relation to the O.P? Ya'll want discussion as long as it's comments that are only praising whatever fluff piece is being peddled. Befuddled indeed.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Another guy not reading the article. Making assumptions off the headline and off whatever posts you've browsed that led you to this weird post.

The article is about more than games. The games part is inarguable, no console is even close to having the exclusives PS does.
Quite the contrary - I did read the article and it was as expected… a gushing, mouth slobbering, puff piece about the PS5 with no relevant updates.

It’s the same repetitive conversation as any other boring article out there about either of these consoles released over these past few months.

Quite the contrary - I did read the article and it was as expected… a gushing, mouth slobbering, puff piece about the PS5 with no relevant updates.

It’s the same repetitive conversation as any other boring article out there about either of these consoles released over these past few months.
Oh you read it? Wheres the puff then in calling haptic feedback controller revolutionary? Or stating Sony exclusives blows the market out of the water? Or that the 3d audio enhancements are part of what they describe as "revolutionary"?

Papacheeks

Banned
Ok bud. Not sure what you want or expect. Please by all means, ignore me, I'm learning jack shit from you anyways. You've literally talked about being in broadcast and then go

giphy.gif

whenever I've given you a response. Not sure what more you want. Troll warning? Monikers? Dude, you need to relax. You need a safe space or some shit from the Evil Videogame Message Board Boogeyman?

I literally asked you twice to show me on PC where these things already exist in game examples that PS5 has shown in the use of the ssd in designed games around it, on top of 3D audio, and intersting uses of the triggers and actuators found in the dual sense in PC equivilent. You didn't.

You said nothing on PS5 is revolutionary nor does it impress you because you have had this tech for some time in your pc.

i ASKED to show me examples, you didn't.

You are staying on ignore. It's one thing to complain about the article if it is a puff,gushing article without eviddence of said revolutionary stuff. Lets take the article out of the talking points, and go on about all the reviews of returnal and the use of 3D audio, dual sense. Lets look at astrobot and its use, with regards to the reviews. Look at miles morales and the reviews and the talking points about the dual sense, ssd.

Each title they have shown in a different ways show cases the hardware that they were selling to press and consumers. People including tech tubers, reviewers and people here on gaf are impressed with it. You are not, and thats totally fine. But you in this thread because the majority consensus is not "your" consensus basically were telling us we are just cheer leading, sand love smelling our farts.

You now are back peddling like crazy to save face because mutliple people called you out to at least give us some examples on why us liking and being impressed by PS5's said hardware is wrong or just fanboying.

HoofHearted

Oh you read it? Wheres the puff then in calling haptic feedback controller revolutionary? Or stating Sony exclusives blows the market out of the water? Or that the 3d audio enhancements are part of what they describe as "revolutionary"?
Christ - who pissed in your cornflakes???

What are you so up in arms about defending here?

Do you even own this console that you’re jumping all over and berating others here to come and defend Sony’s honor?

Markio128

It is marketing bravado, however, I am really enjoying my PS5 at the moment and that’s all that I could really ask for. The controller is great, the 3D headphones are great, the games are great. Even when there has been a slight lull in new releases, there has always been a quality PS4 upgraded game like GOT and GOW to tide me over. Then R&C next month. My only concern is that Sony has been a little quiet on releases following R&C, however, I am sure they just want that game to have chance to shine and then the next big release will be shown in more depth.

Ma-Yuan

Well I have 3 PS5 Games in 6 months... And play mainly PS4 on my Ps4 Pro Pro or PS5 as it is called 🤣 no revolution here...

Christ - who pissed in your cornflakes???

What are you so up in arms about defending here?

Do you even own this console that you’re jumping all over and berating others here to come and defend Sony’s honor?
So I try to discuss what parts you think are puff, since you say you read it, and you get defensive instead of answering??

Interesting. Wonder why

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I literally asked you twice to show me on PC where these things already exist in game examples that PS5 has shown in the use of the ssd in designed games around it, on top of 3D audio, and intersting uses of the triggers and actuators found in the dual sense in PC equivilent. You didn't.

You said nothing on PS5 is revolutionary nor does it impress you because you have had this tech for some time in your pc.

i ASKED to show me examples, you didn't.

You are staying on ignore. It's one thing to complain about the article if it is a puff,gushing article without eviddence of said revolutionary stuff. Lets take the article out of the talking points, and go on about all the reviews of returnal and the use of 3D audio, dual sense. Lets look at astrobot and its use, with regards to the reviews. Look at miles morales and the reviews and the talking points about the dual sense, ssd.

Each title they have shown in a different ways show cases the hardware that they were selling to press and consumers. People including tech tubers, reviewers and people here on gaf are impressed with it. You are not, and thats totally fine. But you in this thread because the majority consensus is not "your" consensus basically were telling us we are just cheer leading, sand love smelling our farts.

You now are back peddling like crazy to save face because mutliple people called you out to at least give us some examples on why us liking and being impressed by PS5's said hardware is wrong or just fanboying.
Not sure how I'm "back peddling like crazy" in any capacity. You can look at any game that's been released for the last 12 or so years that can be put on an SSD to show why I'm already used to SSD speeds, you ignored that. I said that I've had haptic feedback in my VR controllers for years, you ignored that. 3D audio...had that for years in a bunch of games...ignored that. Do you literally need me to list off a handful of PC games to then rebut your point? Arma 3. There ya go, that's a game that does crazy scale, supports crazy amount of peripherals, let's you go into tons of buildings with no load screens. Half-Life: Alyx, haptic feedback and even finger tracking all in a crazy believable space all in VR. Hunt: Showdown, crazy good audio that let's you know not only guns by the gunshots but also distance and velocity on top of all the other crazy impressive audio things it does. Do you want to compare any software against Microsoft Flight Simulator? Don't think ya do. But yeah, I'm the one that ignoring examples. Your fanboy is showing.

Please keep me on ignore. Again. For the second time. For realsies this time.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Not sure how I'm "back peddling like crazy" in any capacity. You can look at any game that's been released for the last 12 or so years that can be put on an SSD to show why I'm already used to SSD speeds, you ignored that. I said that I've had haptic feedback in my VR controllers for years, you ignored that. 3D audio...had that for years in a bunch of games...ignored that. Do you literally need me to list off a handful of PC games to then rebut your point? Arma 3. There ya go, that's a game that does crazy scale, supports crazy amount of peripherals let's you go into tons of buildings with no load screen. Half-Life: Alyx, haptic feedback and even finger tracking all in a crazy believable space. Hunt: Showdown, crazy good audio that let's you know not only guns by the gunshots but also distance and velocity on top of all the other crazy impressive audio things it does. But yeah, I'm the one that ignoring examples. Your fanboy is showing.

Please keep me on ignore. Again. For the second time. For realsies this time.
You have to realize that loading games on an SSD is completely different from designing it around it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
You have to realize that loading games on an SSD is completely different from designing it around it.
I do. And the fact that there are what....2...3..games that utilize it any capacity for anything other than loading is dismissed why? I'm not complaining about the hardware for the umpteenth time, I'm saying the games aren't there yet to justify the purchase as a must have. There just plain isn't enough games taking advantage of the hardware to call it a revolution. It's the same problem that every new generation has. People here don't seem to agree and thus the circle continues.

Papacheeks

Banned

He has no clue. He think if he's got a 5gb/s NVME and steam installed Outriders instantly loads into the game level like Spiderman, Returnal, or Demons souls.

The fact he thinks they are the same is the reason I put him on ignore. He could not show me games on PC or examples of the same tech in use in a PC title. Which is what I asked multiple times.

HoofHearted

So I try to discuss what parts you think are puff, since you say you read it, and you get defensive instead of answering??

Interesting. Wonder why

Fine -

The entire article is puff…

Exclusives are known - it’s why you buy these consoles ….

BTW - Exclusive games != Great games

We are still waiting on next gen games that will truly push these consoles.

I’ve owned and played nearly every console out there over the past 30+ years.

There’s absolutely nothing “revolutionary” about the PS5.

I’m speaking from first hand personal experience - yet you didn’t answer my question but deflected instead …

Interesting indeed.

Last edited:
Ps5 is cool - but the most “revolutionary” gaming experience I’ve had is Half Life Alyx by like, quite a large margin - believe it also has haptics

Papacheeks

Banned
I do. And the fact that there are what....2...3..games that utilize it any capacity for anything other than loading is dismissed why? I'm not complaining about the hardware for the umpteenth time, I'm saying the games aren't there yet to justify the purchase as a must have. There just plain isn't enough games taking advantage of the hardware to call it a revolution. It's the same problem that every new generation has. People here don't seem to agree and thus the circle continues.

Everything that is SOny first party shows off something that is currently only possible on PS5. Either it be 3D audio, specific uses of Haptics/actuators in dual sense, to levels being instantly loaded in real time when you die in demons souls or are going from inside a building transitioning to open world in blink of an eye in Miles morales.

There is no game being designed currently on PC around said specific hardware specs from the ssd or similar 3D audio processing. SHow me a controller other than maybe some VR controllers with the uses of haptics and tension. You literally can feel the rain in returnal on the dual sense. Regardless if the hardware exists on PC no one is using or designing a game in the way SOny's exclusives have.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You could personally buy a hater a PS5 and they’ll still say it’s junk. Seriously thrilled for the PS5’s lineup, yes we have to wait for the games.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Everything that is SOny first party shows off something that is currently only possible on PS5. Either it be 3D audio, specific uses of Haptics/actuators in dual sense, to levels being instantly loaded in real time when you die in demons souls or are going from inside a building transitioning to open world in blink of an eye in Miles morales.

There is no game being designed currently on PC around said specific hardware specs from the ssd or similar 3D audio processing. SHow me a controller other than maybe some VR controllers with the uses of haptics and tension. You literally can feel the rain in returnal on the dual sense. Regardless if the hardware exists on PC no one is using or designing a game in the way SOny's exclusives have.
Hey, fair enough. Again, I'm not discrediting the actual hardware inside of the system or it's capabilities. Not once have I said it's bad. I've simply said I've experienced it in many forms over the years. Hell, I remember being impressed that you could feel the tires bouncing in Forza back when the Xbone released. I think the hardware in the PS5 is great and I'm very happy that it's the new baseline that all developers will be able to work from, from now on.

Only thing I've said is that the games aren't there yet. There's some great examples of the hardware being used like you mention in Returnal and especially Astrobot. But again, it's only a handful of titles, one being more of a demo than anything and that most people will be using there PS5 as it is now to play upscaled PS4 games or at a minimum lazy ass "next-gen" versions that are really only resolution/framerate bumps and any other specific support tacked on at the last minute. We'll see some great PS5 games soonish, but as it stands the system just isn't there yet as a "must-have." If I had skipped the PS4 altogether I'd be insanely excited to pick up a PS5 and play 4kcb/60fps versions of The Last Guardian or Day's Gone or God of War or even Miles Morales. But as I didn't, I'm less than enthusiastic about click-camping my PC to pick up a PS5 to play 2 or 3 games that have released in the last 6 mos. or so. IF PS5 had launched with God of War/Horizon/Returnal/R&C/Miles Morales or even just 2 or 3 of those games at launch, i'd be more enthusiastic and excited, but it launched with Demon Souls and remake/remaster of Spiderman. Both look great and I'm not commenting on the quality of those games, but they are experiences I've had already.

Last edited:
Fine -

The entire article is puff…

Exclusives are known - it’s why you buy these consoles ….

BTW - Exclusive games != Great games

We are still waiting on next gen games that will truly push these consoles.

I’ve owned and played nearly every console out there over the past 30+ years.

There’s absolutely nothing “revolutionary” about the PS5.

I’m speaking from first hand personal experience - yet you didn’t answer my question but deflected instead …

Interesting indeed.
I asked you specific Qs. At first you deflected by insulting me instead of further engaging in discussion. Now you're back to being hyperbolic and pinpointing the amount of games instead of the things I asked.

Hmmm. Wonder why.

yurinka

Hey, fair enough. Again, I'm not discrediting the actual hardware inside of the system or it's capabilities. Not once have I said it's bad. I've simply said I've experienced it in many forms over the years. Hell, I remember being impressed that you could feel the tires bouncing in Forza back when the Xbone released. I think the hardware in the PS5 is great and I'm very happy that it's the new baseline that all developers will be able to work from, from now on.

Only thing I've said is that the games aren't there yet. There's some great examples of the hardware being used like you mention in Returnal and especially Astrobot. But again, it's only a handful of titles, one being more of a demo than anything and that most people will be using there PS5 as it is now to play upscaled PS4 games or at a minimum lazy ass "next-gen" versions that are really only resolution/framerate bumps and any other specific support tacked on at the last minute. We'll see some great PS5 games soonish, but as it stands the system just isn't there yet as a "must-have." If I had skipped the PS4 altogether I'd be insanely excited to pick up a PS5 and play 4kcb/60fps versions of The Last Guardian or Day's Gone or God of War or even Miles Morales. But as I didn't, I'm less than enthusiastic about click-camping my PC to pick up a PS5 to play 2 or 3 games that have released in the last 6 mos. or so. IF PS5 had launched with God of War/Horizon/Returnal/R&C/Miles Morales or even just 2 or 3 of those games at launch, i'd be more enthusiastic and excited, but it launched with Demon Souls and remake/remaster of Spiderman. Both look great and I'm not commenting on the quality of those games, but they are experiences I've had already.
PS5 already had a great line-up for its launch window and people seem to like it, or at least it has been breaking gaming history sales records and literally don't sell more because they can't produce more. And 99.999% of the people may appreciate them to get a 4K 60fps patch, but if not they don't care.

Launch window games have been enough to reach these record sales, but as you mentioned Ratchet, Horizon 2, GoW and so on are coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom