• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Fallout 4 might take place in Boston

at first I was entirely confused but then I hit the link and it all made sense

lol good one OP

OT: Boston would be a pretty cool location I guess, but I wanna see post alternate 50s era nuked NYC

Forkball

According to a recent posting on Reddit, a user under the name of, well, what do you know, “Fallout4boston” is stating that the next game in the Fallout series will take place in Boston,

Seems legit.

I think it would be interesting if they set a Fallout game in China. That's the backstory right, a big nuke war between America and China? I wonder how they're doing.

Chris R

Winter would be kickass, but also I'd love to see the series jump 50-100 years ahead again and show what the world looks like now that it is starting to recover.

e10byagrue

Neo Member
Seems legit.

I think it would be interesting if they set a Fallout game in China. That's the backstory right, a big nuke war between America and China? I wonder how they're doing.

American missiles actually didn't make it across the pacific. It's unicorns and butterflies over there.

CMDBob

Hmm, I like the sound of Boston. Interesting implications in-universe too, as Boston in the games is in the Commonwealth. (That's where the androids in FO3 came from, heh.) And MIT too... I'm hyped as hell now.

SerRodrik

Bethesda has already stated that Obsidian will not be working on Fallout again.

I wonder what fun surprises this game will have in store for PS3 owners.

Have they really? I'm not surprised, but that does make me less interested in Fallout games going forward.

Razek

Banned
Goddammit, it'll look too similar to Washington DC.

Unless it's during winter. Give me Winter Wasteland, please.

I'll be hated on, but I wouldn't mind this taking place in the far future where there are trees and grass again with a 'winter is just starting' type of theme (Not like skyrim, more realistic with lots of tall grassy fields and deciduous trees as well). Seeing communities come together again while there are still bandits in the wild would be an interesting take on the wasteland theme. My favorite part of NV was going into the forested area.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member

tumblr_m8vz7miIfA1qb3ad7o2_400.png

Seems legit.

That's a good point.

I'd also like to see how us Brits have done. Plenty of big cities to explore and would make a change.

I'd also want a Wii U version - a Pip-Boy in the palm of your hands..? Instant Win!!!

Can´t feel the hype for a Bethesda only Fallout title, after experiencing the difference between Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. :\

lol Boston, cool i can go to my old house and new house B^)

also zombie celtics win the title, do it stern.

I wanted to see California though

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Like every other Aerican, I'm annoyed by anything Boston. But make the atmosphere like fo3 again and I won't care. Thank fucking god Obsidian won't touch this.

QP3

I think this would be cool just because I am relatively familiar with the city. It would be interesting to see how it is imagined as a wasteland.

Something tells me Fenway Pahk will still be intact.

John Henry will still be claiming the sellout streak too.

Like every other Aerican, I'm annoyed by anything Boston. But make the atmosphere like fo3 again and I won't care. Thank fucking god Obsidian won't touch this.

Bethesdas Fallout had more atmosphere, true, but they really need to learn to write better quests and understand that choice and consequences is a really important aspect of a good RPG.

Hard to get too excited if its Bethesda and not Obsidian doing it.

Boston could be neat but Bethesda lacks the writers to make an interesting Fallout game.

Top Bottom