• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed 3 still playing catch-up on the WiiU to ps360 versions

Sid

http://xbigygames.com/assassins-creed-3-still-playing-catch-up-on-the-wiiu/

Supposedly the game performs 99% as well as its current gen counter parts, with missing lightings and particle effects creating the most apparent differences. From what we were told, Assassin’s Creed III is planned to match the graphics of the PS3 and Xbox360, not exceed them. However, this is highly dependant of how much time is actually given to work on the title.

Wiiu is/will not be the best looking console version,this thread was wrong
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486459

Pretty surprising...right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just a note, the (very short) article says this is due to the lack of time they've had to work on the Wii-U version, rather than limitations of the hardware.

EDIT - Okay, at least a quote was edited in. Begin round #403434.

Hakai

And_here_we_go.gif

At this year’s gamescom Ubisoft demoed a new naval mission for Assassin’s Creed III on the WiiU and PS3, though what quickly caught our attention was that the two weren’t identical.

According to Lead Game Designer Steven Masters, the limited time the development team had to work with the Nintendo hardware has brought up some challenges. Because of this, Masters claims that they are glad that the WiiU version’s release date is still to be announced.

Supposedly the game performs 99% as well as its current gen counter parts, with missing lightings and particle effects creating the most apparent differences. From what we were told, Assassin’s Creed III is planned to match the graphics of the PS3 and Xbox360, not exceed them. However, this is highly dependant of how much time is actually given to work on the title.
the important parts of the article.

Has anyone brought up the input lag for the Pro Controller in Rayman Legends? I tried it at Cologne and had to time every jump just a moment in advance. Maybe it's a downside of having to sync the TV and controller video output, I don't know... however visually it was awesome, on both screens.

AC3 dev time -> 3 years (nearly 3,5 on release) so started around 2009

Wii U dev kits in hand of devs -> Jan/feb 11 -> in dev since Jan/feb 2011

Surprising? NO

Has anyone brought up the input lag for the Pro Controller in Rayman Legends? I tried it at Cologne and had to time every jump just a moment in advance. Maybe it's a downside of having to sync the TV and controller video output, I don't know... however visually it was awesome, on both screens.
It was brought up. And it will continue to be brought up

Derrick01

Banned
Them not having the proper team size or time to do a good port is important to note, however it does still fly in the face of certain people on here who were shouting from the mountaintop that AC3 on Wii U would be the superior version as far as consoles go. At best they will get an equal port and that has always been the case.

Them not having the proper team size or time to do a good port is important to note, however it does still fly in the face of certain people on here who were shouting from the mountaintop that AC3 on Wii U would be the superior version as far as consoles go. At best they will get an equal port and that has always been the case.
Why had that always been the case?

Surprising? NO

Also the devkits are still incomplete. The recent devkits have made a lot of improvements for Ninja Gaiden Wii U. So, I guess it will be the same story for Asscreed 3 if they have the time.

Sid

Exactly.

http://xbigygames.com/assassins-creed-3-still-playing-catch-up-on-the-wiiu/

Wiiu is/will not be the best looking console version,this thread was wrong
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486459

Pretty surprising...right?

I trust Shane more than I trust Kamran Draeger, who has essentially posted an unsourced / unquoted story on his blogsite thing here. It could very well miss lighting / particle elements in place on 360/PS3 and still look better. Are you a regular visitor to xbigygames or were you digging around for something to post?

Sid

I trust Shane more than I trust Kamran Draeger, who has essentially posted an unsourced / unquoted story on his blogsite thing here. It could very well miss lighting / particle elements in place on 360/PS3 and still look better. Are you a regular visitor to xbigygames or were you digging around for something to post?
Read the article,the lead game designer said this

Thrakier

Well, it shows pretty clear the level of graphical quality we can expect from WiiU. With superior hardware by a fair margin, the port wouldn't be a problem, even if there is not much time to do it. Just see how modern PCs can improve console games tenfold even with lousy ports. Even a piece of crap port like Dark Souls will look better on a PC (FSAA + stable 30).

So...Nintendo kinda did this "you will say *wow*" thing again and everybody fell for it.

massoluk

Banned

It's not done, there's no need for pessimism yet.

Derrick01

Banned
Why had that always been the case?

Did you really think a brand new system they just got midway through their normal development, that may or may not be a big difference from the others in terms of power, was going to be better? They were likely focusing on completing the game and probably just threw a small team together to make the Wii U one. Hell I thought the E3 demo proved it wasn't any different. If it runs as good as the others do given that scenario then I would say you should be happy with that.

Shion

Surprising? NO
Wii U is supposed to be a next gen console, though.

I'm pretty sure that Xbox 360 wouldn't have a problem catching-up with the performance of a PS2/GC/XBOX game.

Read the article,the lead game designer said this

I did read it, and I'm not seeing a direct quote. I am seeing somebody claiming that somebody else said something, with no further information or quotes offered -- like for example - if those missing elements are going to be added later or not etc.

You didn't answer my question - are you a regular visitor to this website?

edit: never mind... you're not. Someone else posted this in the Wii U Speculation thread and you decided it was thread worthy.

StuBurns

Banned

I'm pretty sure that Xbox 360 wouldn't have a problem catching-up with the performance of a PS2/GC/XBOX game.
Come on, you know 360 to WiiU is nothing like PS2 to 360, regardless of how you define next-gen.

I think the WiiU is going to be like Gamecube...some ports, a couple specialized versions of ports, a handful of great 1st party, and a shitload of off-brand exclusives...

What did you expect, a quantum leap?

Are you kidding? There'll be more, not less.

Initially sure. Then when the next Xbox and PS3 hit, the conversations will die away, much like no one with more than one console considered Wii ports of far superior 360/PS3 games.

Did you really think a brand new system they just got midway through their normal development, that may or may not be a big difference from the others in terms of power, was going to be better? They were likely focusing on completing the game and probably just threw a small team together to make the Wii U one. Hell I thought the E3 demo proved it wasn't any different.
Ha, what a weird way to answer a question.
Thanx though.

Bulzeeb

Well I think it depends of the level of compatibility of their anvil engine with Nintendohardware, as far as I know this is the first time they are using it for a nintendo product

When was this comment? The WiiU is playing catch up cause their still working on that version.

Not much reason for a new thread here, you even linked to the one your questioning. The wording of the thread and the article meanwhile is questionable and this generally seems like click beggin.

Eideka

Banned
Considering they did not have much time to work on the Wii U version this is no wonder.

For my part the fact that the PC version sports DX11 effects warrants my pre order.

StuBurns

Banned
When was this comment? The WiiU is playing catch up cause their still working on that version.

Not much reason for a new thread here, you even linked to the one your questioning. The wording of the thread and the article meanwhile is questionable and this generally seems like click beggin.
If a thread claiming it's the best version is valid, then one from the actual staff saying it's not certainly is.

Top Bottom