• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do not pickup the ps3/online only versoin of sunday ticket!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

So last night I posted the link to sign up for the NFL Sunday ticket online only package for $250. I signed up expecting "full HD quality" per the site. To say I was dissapointed is an understatement. I subscribe to the NFL preseason live that allows you to watch the NFL preseason games online on nfl.com.

I have taken screenshots from both the DTV commercial that loops when you access it early, and the NFL feed. Keep in mind that I can tell you from experience last year the quality in the DTV commercial is what you will get on gameday. Keep in mind any blur on the nfl.com shots are not present when you are watch the games full speed.

Direct TV Sunday Ticket screenshot #1
7b4e880480cbd56c79187ef94847474447411368.jpg

NFL.com screenshot #1
b53221c50f02c7d3f4c463e797d737a04787df07.jpg

Direct TV Sunday Ticket screenshot #2
911d8e015772c1782bc40609152a8cc92b9d743a.jpg

NFL.com screenshot #2
afc674fd6e1cc90251e7ca54dcfa2bfad86a1f00.jpg

Direct TV Sunday Ticket screenshot #3
8ca7cc8556b2c189462147ced36e92c5423e8070.jpg

NFL.com screenshot #3
944bc1c0b6ae461900c135c406d56237acd7f130.jpg

To say the image quality is terrible on the nfl sunday ticket online only package is an understatement. Totally not worth $250!

Amory

I remember they had pretty major problems last year too. Was hoping they would've fixed it by now, especially when they're asking for that much money.

Rapstah

I don't even think it's possible for that to be maketed as "full HD quality". It's not even full SDTV quality.

Have you tried going fullscreen, some video streaming services don't change quality unless you go full screen then it buffers an HD stream.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I would expect nothing less of a system that takes 30 minutes to download a store demo on my 30m internet. I'm wired in BTW.

That is awful looking. What a shame.

Edit: Wait your title says PS3. The screenshots say Direct TV which is it?

hlhbk

I would expect nothing less of a system that takes 30 minutes to download a store demo on my 30m internet. I'm wired in BTW.

Its the same stream. The screenshots I have taken were from the online version of Sunday ticket for the computer, but they quality is the same on PS3 and the online version.

I had it last year. The only thing worse than the video is the audio. It's awful. Fortunately Sony support refunded me every single penny I spent back.

andycapps

Sony's not hosting this, it would be going through the NFL's servers or whoever runs them. My PS3 downloads demos and videos very fast.

mackattk

That sort of quality is what I would expect from pirated streams. $250 for that is insane.

What is your secret? As mentioned I'm on a wired connection and I'm not bullshitting at least 30 minutes for demos. Slim PS3 here.

How does Netflix or any other video streaming site work for you on your PS3? I have had slow PS3 download speeds in the past, but could run full HD netflix no problem.

Patryn

Speaking as someone who got the PS3 Sunday Direct Ticket last year, I can say that later on in the season (after about Week 3) I often had full HD signal and my feed was much closer to the NFL.com pictures than the Direct TV picture.

However, I would still average about 3-5 buffering interrupts per game.

Askani

Does the online-only Sunday Ticket black out local games like MLB.tv?

Because that shit infuriates me.

Me too. I hate it hate it hate it. Even the "Free Game of the Day" is blacked out still if it's your local team...home and away. Fuck that noise. Pisses me off so much.

I can't watch my Royals. :(

We're brothers in suffering. Can't watch the Royals and when I do watch a game, they suck. Get Duane Cunningham in here and our circle of pain can be complete.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That sort of quality is what I would expect from pirated streams. $250 for that is insane.

How does Netflix or any other video streaming site work for you on your PS3? I have had slow PS3 download speeds in the past, but could run full HD netflix no problem.

Netflix does alright, there is some buffering occasionally. Amazon Video I've rented from several times when choosing the HD content it will almost always stutter then pop up dialogue that it needs to optimize to non HD or something.

I've tested the LAN port in my living room with a laptop and still 30m. PS3 is obviously not getting that speed.

Sorry not trying to derail your thread OP, but it would be cool to find out what my PS3's problem is.

KHarvey16

Actually the nfl.com screens don't do it justice. It's beautiful and right up there with mlb's streams.

They might be roughly equal comparing the quality of the picture but that's about all. At $250 it's also twice as expensive for the same number of games the MLB plays in like a week.

andycapps

What is your secret? As mentioned I'm on a wired connection and I'm not bullshitting at least 30 minutes for demos. Slim PS3 here.

No clue.. I'm on a 20m connection and wired with a slim PS3 as well. Some of it may depend on my location to their closest servers or when I'm downloading them. If you're on the west coast, I hear a lot of complaints from people out there, surprisingly. On my connection I can typically have my daughter on a laptop watching a stream on Netflix in HD, my wife be watching something in HD on Netflix, and be playing a game with no lag.

My experience with Sunday Ticket To Go (online version) started in 2007, when it launched, and has been universally terrible, especially when compared with MLB.tv. Week one, forget about it, it just won't work. Every other week, expect touch-and-go quality. In fact, just to be safe, be sure to turn it down to the lowest settings possible, because at least then you'll be able to hear the games without stuttering. Most of the time.

And forget about watching one game on your desktop, another on your laptop and a third on your phone; it's one device at a time, buddy. Contrast that to MLB.TV, where I can watch eight games at once in HD quality with no quality issues, and they don't care how many devices I have streaming at a time.

NFL can't even get an iPhone app right; last year, the Audio Pass was an available feature, but muted when I pressed the top button to deactivate the screen. This year, Audio Pass is iPad only. It's disgraceful that the biggest league in the States has such poor online offerings.

Ryck

I know I am in the minority on this one but I had it last year ( included in my Directv package) and it looked fine for me. Not quite broadcast HD but pretty close. Im on a slim Ps3 wired with Cox Cable (San Diego) internet.

hlhbk

My experience with Sunday Ticket To Go (online version) started in 2007, when it launched, and has been universally terrible, especially when compared with MLB.tv. Week one, forget about it, it just won't work. Every other week, expect touch-and-go quality. In fact, just to be safe, be sure to turn it down to the lowest settings possible, because at least then you'll be able to hear the games without stuttering. Most of the time.

And forget about watching one game on your desktop, another on your laptop and a third on your phone; it's one device at a time, buddy. Contrast that to MLB.TV, where I can watch eight games at once in HD quality with no quality issues, and they don't care how many devices I have streaming at a time.

NFL can't even get an iPhone app right; last year, the Audio Pass was an available feature, but muted when I pressed the top button to deactivate the screen. This year, Audio Pass is iPad only. It's disgraceful that the biggest league in the States has such poor online offerings.

Lets clarify here for a moment. It is because of direct TV that the offerings IN THE UNITED STATES are so terrible. NFL Gamepass that serves the NFL games directly from the NFL to outside countries has the same quality as the pics I posted from preseason live. I just wish we could get the NFL direct streams.

ari

Banned
Lol, no duh. I fell bad for those that got suckered in with a shit service over the Internet.

Do you guys know that if you get dorectv now, the service is free? That's cheaper then what you paid for that service. Lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Lol, no duh. I fell bad for those that got suckered in with a shit service over the Internet.

Do you guys know that if you get dorectv now, the service is free? That's cheaper then what you paid for that service. Lol

Sure go nuts. That contract is awesome. Lol.

quaere

I had this last year and yeah it was terrible. The audio sounded like 64kbps MP3. 64kbps AAC+ sounds better than this did.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Sorry not trying to derail your thread OP, but it would be cool to find out what my PS3's problem is.

I have an original 60gb fat. I have always had TERRIBLE download rates on it from the PSN store... sometimes 5 hours to get a gig. Nothing I did fixed it- changed the router, wired the PS3 direct to the modem, nothing. My PC, Wii, and 360 all had fantastic fast rates, around 4mb/s.

I just moved to NYC a few months ago, and now the same PS3 gets amazing rates just like the rest of my systems... 4mb/s.

The entire thing must have been Comcast in San Francisco's fault. Using Time Warner in NYC gives me no trouble at all.

hlhbk

Sure they offer it, but is your connection able to take it down? It's a 2 way street.

So I want to hear more of this logic. Lets see the NFL.com stream is by far better looking and in real HD. I can watch it without any stuttering, less than 2 seconds buffering, on the highest setting it has. Yet the DTV looks like crap on the exact same connection, and the DTV program shows its on its highest setting.

But none of that matters and its my connection right??? Try again.

Oh and to the guy who said to get DTV and Sunday ticket is free. Some of us live an apartment facing the wrong way, and we can't get the service.

Sky Chief

I used this last year and after they ironed out the kinks in the first couple of weeks that quality was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom