• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old Fart UK GAF - Kickstart this book about Sensible Software!

Choc

Banned
30K is a lot but the ni thought 950k was a pipe dream for a console system

:) it looks the goods

Gazunta

KICKSTARTER VALIDATED NOW AND FOR ALL TIME.

BRB selling my house and car to help get this over the line.

Sensible Software made the greatest video games ever made and you all better recognize.

Edit: aw yeah, it has contributions from Gary Whitta! Archer Maclean! Peter Molyenux! And God damn this looks so nicely done. Yes yes YES

Edit 2: AW FUCK IT CAN BE SIGNED BY JON HARE AND YOU CAN ALSO GET AN ORIGINAL VINYL RECORDING OF THE SENSI SONGS GOD DAMN GOOD THING I HATE HAVING MONEY OBVIOUSLY

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
BRB, creating a team on SWOS named 'On A Coffee Table'

I will back this, I think. Bit weird there are no downloads of the audio tracks on the LP.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
wizball.gif

One of the C64 games that really captured my imagination. Sensible produced some inspired games.

Gloam

Backing the heck outta this one. Ah, Sensi 96/97 nothing comes close. They should really port those to a handheld.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
23 year old gaffer who played Soccer and Cannon Fodder, so maybe I'm old in spirit. Will see about funding.

daviyoung

Banned
I've not pledged in a single kickstarter. And I'm not starting now. Not for Sensible, not for Gremlin, not for Looking Glass. Nope, sorry.

SteveWD40

Were they not talking about iOS development? I know Team17 and Bitmap are back in that form (Alien Breed is great, WTB Chaos Engine)...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
damn, that personalised edition sounds tasty. I'd really like a tier that gives me the 'war' song from Cannon Fodder, but thats only on the EP version and I don't have a record player. They need digital versions of those songs

SmokyDave

damn, that personalised edition sounds tasty. I'd really like a tier that gives me the 'war' song from Cannon Fodder, but thats only on the EP version and I don't have a record player. They need digital versions of those songs
Cannon Fodder on iPad would be many dreams come true.
I'm seeing a way to kill two birds with one stone here.

(I too want the tier with 'War' and I'd eat my own toes for Cannon Fodder on iPad).

krYlon

Oh cool, consider it done.

Sensi is still my all-time most played game.

By the way, I wouldn't classify being 30+ as an old fart. Still young I say :)

Ubersnug

Oh fuck off Kickstarter......ANOTHER project I want to be involved in.

Sensible Software was one of my favourite developers, alongside bullfrog and the bitmap brothers during my Amiga days.

I need this in my life....

Larsen B

I read "Goalscoringsuperstarhero" and now cannot get it out of my head.

The vinyl is a little rich for my blood but I'm in for the book.

Rlan

I picked up a bulk issue of Retro Gamer this weekend. It's been so interesting. The whole Amiga / C64 UK side of things is pretty much lost to me. Would love to read this book.

I like these old-GAF threads ;)

Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder are two of my most fondly remembered childhood games, so I'm really hoping anything I contribute to this helps lead to it being produced.

Definitely backing this. Wavering between $100 and 180 levels. Sensi Soccer was godly, but I really enjoyed Mega-lo-Mania...godly in its own right!

SteveWD40

I picked up a bulk issue of Retro Gamer this weekend. It's been so interesting. The whole Amiga / C64 UK side of things is pretty much lost to me. Would love to read this book.

I started when I was 5 (so 85) with a Spectrum +2 128k, came with the built in tape deck. Back then the UK gaming scene was like iOS, you could buy games for about £1, get loads of stuff for free and 90% of it was junk...

The Amiga seemed so next gen when it came along, then the PC arrived in 93 and seemed SOOO expensive, £1300 for entry level hardware back then.

Rlan

I started when I was 5 (so 85) with a Spectrum +2 128k, came with the built in tape deck. Back then the UK gaming scene was like iOS, you could buy games for about £1, get loads of stuff for free and 90% of it was junk...

The Amiga seemed so next gen when it came along, then the PC arrived in 93 and seemed SOOO expensive, £1300 for entry level hardware back then.

I was born in '85, but my (Australian) path involved games from when I was 5-6 -- so SEGA Megadrive, NES and Apogee Shareware stuff.

Haunted

Sensible Soccer is how I first learned a lot of English names for international and German cities, true story.

Came here to post this Kickstarter. I've backed it.

I still play Sensible Soccer to this day. I also designed the official Sensible Soccer t-shirt for the Joystick Junkies brand. And ran a petition in 2002 to try get a version of Sensible Soccer made for GBA. So I'm a fan ;)

Here's a blog post I wrote last year about how I consider Sensible Software's Wizkid to be "the greatest game ever sold": http://dreampast.tumblr.com/post/7882526864/wizkid

tumblr_lo8v27iIHY1qbfpni.png

ps: just upgraded to the $100 tier.

Goddamn I want to pledge for the vinyl version so much. Will definitely pledge whatever I can. The best studio, and they were so awesome to the Amiga community with their free coverdisk special editions.

Top Bottom